How can I permanently force digitally signed drivers OFF in vista 64?

Agras

n00b
I'm really getting tired of having to f8 every time I boot up to game to turn off digitally signed drivers so I can use rivatuner. This is BS and I would really like to disable this permanently.

Help is VERY much appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

Remove updates KB938979 and KB938194
Command line / run as administrator
type: bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
restart PC

How important are these updates?

The damn driver signing thing is really annoying to me since I run stuff like CoreTemp all the time and it won't run if Vista x64's driver signing enforcement is in effect.

I am not sure how important they are but either one of them or both will cause that you wont be able to permanently allow unsigned drivers.

Damn, the first one is a performance update and the other is a reliability update so they look important. However, the reliability update could simply be related to unsigned drivers.

The unsigned driver policy is about the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on x64 Vista. What I don't like is that it shuts out hobbyist drivers, such as for game controllers made for consoles (which are much better than PC game controllers IMHO). I know MS has a driver for the 360 controller, but you can't configure the buttons/pad/sticks like with XBCD.

Hm, I did notice that these updates disabled my ability to permanently get rid of the req for digitally signed drivers... but I also really don't want to uninstall those updates. Oh well I guess =/

Donate $500 (or whatever) to the rivatuner guys so they can pay for having the driver signed. :p

Command line / run as administrator
type: bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
restart PC

bcdedit doesnt work anymore
KB938194 doesnt do anything with device signing
it's KB932596 & KB938979 for x64 systems. i have yet to see what are the patch numbers for x86.

Or, you could simply leave your updates installed, download atsiv and run rivatuner just as before. Works for me.

sigh, guess ill just leave those updates not on my computer for now.. i cant deal with instability on the pc right now either.

Back