How can I fix this fan connector?

j3ff86

[H]ard|Gawd
I received a broken fan yesterday from performance-pcs.com (will never order from them again). I got an RMA but is there an easy way to fix this myself?

brokenwire2zy1.jpg

Yeap, take a needle or toothpick and push in that hole above the empty slot were the wire was, Push down and back on the little metal piece in there while pushing back from the front of the hole with something.

Once you see how that is working you will get the pin out, then you can find a knife (Be carefull) or something to open the crimped parts up with, and just simply put the wire back in the pin, and then stick it back in the slot

Unless you bought it in an open lot why would you never order from them again? Could have been like that from the manufacturer. Completely no need to shame a retailer for something that most likely is not any of their fault.

Unless you bought it in an open lot why would you never order from them again? Could have been like that from the manufacturer. Completely no need to shame a retailer for something that most likely is not any of their fault.

Performance PCs sleeves all of their fans. PPCs had their hands on this fan outside of the package.

They hand sleeve every fan they sell. I highly doubt it came from the factory like this.

edit- beat me to it lol

ive ordered a tonne of sleeved stuff from them and never had anything arrive like that...

IMO they should refund you some of your money and u could just easily fix it yourself, RMA'ing is longgggg lol, especially for a fan

Back