How can I find out what is waking the PC up?

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I am using my Dell Precision T1700 as a bedroom HTPC put it in Standby mode when not in use so I can use my wireless keyboard to wake it (I'm lazy and sometimes I don't want to get off my ass).

Sometime a minute or even an hour or even right away I see it turn back on! I don't know the meaning of the various S states as I usually keep my main build on all of the time (except for maintenance and adding or removing parts) but the Dell I'd like to turn off or put in low power mode.

I turn the keyboard off it is a Logitech MK700/MK710 (Don't know which the bottom says both models) with a standard unifying receiver into a back USB 2.0 port.

So is there any easy way to see what is making it wake up when I don't want it to?

PS: Is there a way to turn a modern ATX PC on with a remote? I have several MCE RC6 type remotes and the receivers for them it can turn it off but once off it will not be able to turn it back on.

powercfg -lastwake
mouse twitch can cause it. ^that might tell you.
if the bios has "wake on usb" it might work.

Windows? In my experience it's almost always the NIC. Turn off all its options for wake-from-sleep, power-saving, etc.

FLIRC IR receivers can wake-from-sleep.

powercfg -lastwake

OK I have Logitech MK710 or MK700 and a older MX Master both use the same Unifer "dongle" is there anyway to disable just the mouse from waking the PC as any movement does it even me picking it up to turn the mouse off.

Windows? In my experience it's almost always the NIC. Turn off all its options for wake-from-sleep, power-saving, etc.

FLIRC IR receivers can wake-from-sleep.
I hate to sound stupid but what is a "NIC"? I did unplug the ethernet cable for a few hours as a test and it did not wake up until I moved the mouse.
I did the last wake thing and it gave this back what this means I have no idea?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 0
powercfg -lastwake
Okay I'm back again it does not wake up as much as it used to but it still happens.
I did the powercfg thing and I got this but I have no idea as to what this means or what I can do to fix this issue.
Lastwake.jpg

Lastwake2.jpg

Okay I'm back again it does not wake up as much as it used to but it still happens.
I did the powercfg thing and I got this but I have no idea as to what this means or what I can do to fix this issue.View attachment 350459

View attachment 350460
it means something in the usb 2.0 port woke it up. i would guess the mouse again. try that last link i posted to turn off "wake on mouse"

If the computer is plugged into the network via ethernet just do what I do. Setup WOL and use a phone on your app to wake it when you want to use it :)

If the computer is plugged into the network via ethernet just do what I do. Setup WOL and use a phone on your app to wake it when you want to use it :)

Neat never even thought of that! Yes ethernet it does not have a WiFi or even Bluetooth but I may get another Intel AX200 but for now I'll just stick with ethernet but I Only really need Bluetooth for my mouse/keyboard.
Any free apps you can recommend for an Android user? Samsung Galaxy S9+ however my next phone will be a Goggle Pixel or the like as I hate the damn bixby and other Samsung apps that can't be removed or disabled!

I'll have to check when I get home. I believe the app I use is called WOL, on Android. Has good reviews, and is free.

A phone on my app? LoL You mean an app on my phone? :)

WolOn is what I use.

OK I'm back with one more question (sorry) anyway to get it to wake the machine from the hibernate mode?
I can only get it to work from full off (whatever S mode the "Shutdown" command puts it into as full power off is unplugged LoL).

Thank You
PS: This is still that older Dell Precision T1700 SFF (I love getting off lease office grade AKA better quality then mainstream stuff for cheap)

Back