How can i duplicate games onto 2nd monitor?

Ocean

Supreme [H]ardness
how can i duplicate video games video output across two separate monitors?

i have a dell u221H and a phillips 42" connected via a dvi-to-hdmi, both connected to the primary card. i have radeon 5850 in crossfire, 11.2 catalyst, both screens are 1920 x 1080.

i am able to duplicate desktop and full screen video, including in game video without any issues.

sometimes toggling resolution in-game will enable the video out on both screen simultaneously momentarily.

reinstalling drivers would likely require reinstalling windows, i have never had a successful driver update with this configuration. i would like to avoid that.

the only way to do it would be to clone the display, you can either try it in CCC or use windows to do it. windows display manager will probably work the best.

i can already duplicate the normal desktop, the issue is that i am unable to duplicate games (portal 2)(crysis) (civilization 5) (team fortress 2). i have already went through windows desktop manager and it says that the desktop is duplicated.

is cloning different than duplicating?

Could just use an HDMI splitter type thing (a 1 in 2 out). That way less work for video card/vram.

Have you tried with driver cleaner whatever it's called that AMD people use?

Or try that hydravision thing.

One thing you could try is setting up eyefinity with 2x1. If you set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 it should duplicate it. I know on my eyefinity setup on titles that are 1920 x 1200 it would duplicate everything on all three displays.

hydravision didnt work
windows key+p didnt change anything

disabling crossfire did work, but id like to do it with crossfire enabled

Back