How can I download the Windows Update patches onto a CD/DVD?

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm having the hardest time trying to download the patches.

I'm installing a fresh copy of WinXP Home on my 2nd rig.

I have WinXP Pro on my primary rig.

If I install WinXP Home on teh 2nd one, I get the LSASS and NT AUTHORITY/SHUTDOWN viruses/trojan horses within a minute, so I can't download the patches. If I try the Symantec FixBlast or some other crap, it says my system is NOT infected, but is vulnerable. It tells me to download Windows Updates.

I go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and I can't seem to find an easy downloading strategy to download them. It says I don't need any updates, but no shit... I'm on my XP PRO machine. I want updates for my XP Home machine.

Any ideas??? THanks!

MS was giving away update cds a while ago.. i got one in the mail and never even used it.. check out the site and see if they have them.. .otherwise i could maybe make an iso and send it to you??

Someone needs to make a sticky that explains how to slipstream updates with the CD's and the firewalls, etc.

-J.

GeForceX said:
Someone needs to make a sticky that explains how to slipstream updates with the CD's and the firewalls, etc.

-J.

Thanks for all the info! But, yeah... the sticky is a good idea :)

I actually had to do this for work, didnt have to but, i modified a batch file to install the slipstreamed files, and also modify the registry for what we call a security pack.

from the sound of your virus/worm youce got sasser or blaster...you can msconfig sasser out temorarily then run fixsasser available from www.symantec.com or alternitavely fixblast from the same site.

jmroberts70 said:
Awesome! AutoPatcher looks like a super app to add to my many supported systems.
That is a pretty cool app im going to install it when i get home

Back