How can I condense my system?

ZrRock

Limp Gawd
Hello SFF enthusiasts! I currently have this build
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uZ9B

And I want to start to condense it down, either to an ITX or SMALL matx size. Are there any cases that are relatively small in size that would still accommodate my massive heatsink/video card?

Hmmm.....
Not quite sure but you should probably check out the Node 304 or Prodigy with an Asus P8Z77I-Deluxe.

Prodigy it won't fit into, found a post on that somewhere else. I'd even be fine trading my video card out for a smaller 680 or a good 7970 as long as it would fit. I'd also be fine swapping the phantek for an h100 or something if I could get it to fit.

GTX 760's are priced very well and a lot of them come fairly small. Asus' DCII version in particular.

Some small matx cases that can fit larger heatsinks from silverstone SG09 or SG10 and of course TJ08-E.

My hope was that I could find a 760 +125 or so for trade for my 680, then look at going to a matx case. How do people keep heat under control?

The Node 304 would be excellent. You can keep your RAM, CPU, GPU, hard drive, and SSD, and heatsink. The motherboard and power supply would have to be replaced. The heat should be fine since you are still using the Phanteks, and the GPU is right next to a mesh panel, so it might be a bit loud, but at least cool.

Argh, the temptation! I can get the ASRock ITX board for $90 too from another forum... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I suppose I'll reply in different forums since you've posted this elsewhere too...

Argh, the temptation! I can get the ASRock ITX board for $90 too from another forum... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Do it! That's around $50 less than a new one, assuming it is the Z77E-ITX.

Ok ok, I think I'm pretty set, going with the CM Elite 130 so I can keep my PSU, going to have to drop the phantek for my old h60 for now, and look to pick up an h80i eventually, and getting the asrock board :D

Back