How Big Will Half-Life2 Be Fully Installed???

INYNN

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know or have an estimation about how large half-life2 Will be fully installed???

Does anyone know how much money I will be making in five years? My estimate for HL2 is more than 100 megs and less than 10 gigs. What does it matter? It'll take whatever it takes.

Thats very accurate, good estimation i think i could have figured it out.

Im not woried ill buy it no matter what i have a 120gig and its like 10% full.

i figurd larger..... not sure tho, but i was estimating around 5gigs

But it could be anywhere around there.

See anything we say is just a guess. It could be five gigs or it could be three. I doubt the developers even know at this point in time.

it will probably come in 4 cds like the matrix did, hell maybe it might take 3-6 gigs like matrix. will it need the cd to play?

Originally posted by xdviper
it will probably come in 4 cds like the matrix did, hell maybe it might take 3-6 gigs like matrix. will it need the cd to play?

I think HL2 will be introducing the DVD so you dont have 90 install CDs. So just one disk. Not possitive though.

Although you were exaggerating, a dvd can only hold like 6 cds worth...

Far Cry is 5 cds so doom 3 should be something close to that. Probably 3-5 gb.

A double-layered DVD, single layered DVD's can only hold about 4.6 GBs, I thought.

Originally posted by Slava
single layer is 4.7gb. you're off by 100 mb, but close :D
plus game installs can be compressed to a certain extent...

Well, 2k4 is 5.2GB:eek:

I doubt HL2 would be more than that.

Originally posted by jagec
plus game installs can be compressed to a certain extent...

Well, 2k4 is 5.2GB:eek:

I doubt HL2 would be more than that.

Yep. I have disc images of all of my UT2k4 discs on a DVD-R.

Its gonna suck downloading HL2 then, even with a 768/128 DSL line. Plus stupid stupid Steam.

About 5k, It will be a very efficient program.

In fact that 5k will be the file containing information about how this game never existed.

How big is Windows, actually? They can fit it on one CD but it sure as hell isn't that small on anyone's HDD.

stupid for trying to protect their assests and make 5 years of hardwork pay off?
leright.gif

Originally posted by malingjc
Its gonna suck downloading HL2 then, even with a 768/128 DSL line. Plus stupid stupid Steam.

I don't think you should have posted this topic in the general hardware forum, maybe the games forum or the general software forum, HL2 can also run on a macintosh, you know, if anybody cares.

Originally posted by INYNN

Im not woried ill buy it no matter what i have a 120gig and its like 10% full.

then why did you ask???

im not tryin to be rude, its just a thought

Originally posted by emorphien
Not sure how that's relevant. But ok. :p
stupid joke. don't worry. I love my mac. rock climbing with superstars, hang gliding with visual artists I just don't get that from my pc, my friend is always talking about how much better windows is to mac, but his socks don't even match, my dad used to hit me with his windows computer. you know that movie where all the people move to iceland, well macintosh is iceland, so move to iceland, you know if anyone cares.

Far Cry takes up 3.076 GB.

UT2K4 takes up 5.328 GB.

Far cry is a DVD that is 3.45GB

I'm not sure off the top of my head how big the DVD version of UT2K4 is.

MY Guess is......

Somewhere in the range of 1kb to 10tb :)

|-----------------------------------This Big-----------------------------------------|

(Drawing not to scale)

im guessing 3-5gb

i really should get a DVD-ROM so i can take advantage of this:(

does steam charge you monthly for only pay?

if so, single player HL2 for me

Back