How big is your Gaming screen?

Still have the Samsung, but upgraded my PG278Q to the PG27UQ (27" 3840x2160). Still play console games primarily on the Samsung, but it will no longer be used for any PC gaming. May upgrade the Sammy to a QLED or OLED in the not too distant future.

55" 4k Samsung QLED.

I've also got a 133" 1080p projector that I can/have gamed on but I wouldn't recommend it due to the shitty DPI and not really be able to touch a good LED/OLED/whatever in terms of contrast and color/brightness.

A 49 inch Sony X900E. I pair it with a PS4 Pro. Big improvement in image detail over the Sony CRT 34 inch XBR910 it replaced. But the old CRT still holds the crown for deep blacks and viewing angle.

Eizo FG2421, a scant 23.5". Had to stand in for my sorely missed Sony GDM-FW900.

That said, I do want something bigger. Technically, I did get just that in the form of a 50" Samsung PN50A550 plasma panel from a friend, but it's scratched, possibly delaminated, and has a ton of burn-in I can't do anything about (looks like it was showing a lot of letterboxed content and tuned to A&E all the time). Oh, and of course, it has the usual problem with turning on and off repeatedly, having corrupted HDMI input the first few power cycles from cold start, and if you don't have the TV speakers turned off, an ear-shredding noise on one of those power cycles.

But hey, it's a working 50" 1080p HDTV for all of $20. Hard to argue for the price, even if I'll have to take a soldering iron to one of the boards later (all the electrical issues are a commonly-known problem traced to a capacitor and possibly a couple of ICs). The burn-in isn't too noticeable in the midst of console gaming, though it's painfully susceptible to image retention in a way that even OLED and CRT displays aren't.

The size itself is reassurance that I'd really like to get my hands on one of those NVIDIA BFGDs in all their 65" glory later - whenever I can hope to afford one, anyway. Size is one thing, but low input lag and high refresh rates are mandatory for an ideal PC gaming display, disqualifying just about every HDTV from the outset.

Depending on the game 3 24" screens. If the game supports it 5760 x 1200. Otherwise nothing fancy on one of them at 1920 x 1200 lol.

65" 1080p samsung plasma tv (consoles) or 27" dell tn monitor (+1 ips, only game on the tn) or 10" tablet. I did play pc games on the plasma but not since upgrading to a 27"dell (from a 24"benq.) My plasma is getting a bit old now, had to change the control board twice already; if it goes again Ill probably just go and buy a 65"/70" 4k led/oled/not plasma.

Last edited:
I am still running a 24" Samsung that is only 60 Hz. It still works but is certainly old. I just built a new Ryzen system last week as my old rig was five years old. My 24" Samsung is older than that. Here in the next few days, I plan on ordering a 32" 1440p monitor. I don't think I want bigger than 32".

Any good recommendations on a 32" 1440p monitor that is at least 120 Hz? I'd be fine with anything between 31" and 35" so long as it is 1440p, 120 Hz or more and less than 5ms response time.

I decided against a 32" and got a 27" 1440p 144MHz Asus monitor and I love it.

Went from a Samsung Ju6700 40" curved TV for my monitor to a Samsung NU8000 TV as my monitor. Older one was still good but new one is better imho.

SONY 43 4K near field with hi end audio

Have a 75 SONY high end FALD for HT, but I just don’t like gaming far field on a giant set. Prefer IMAX 2ft away encompassing my entire view.
Much more immersive.

Been all 4K since early 2015, could never go back.

Just Switched to a MSI MAG24C 1080p 144 Hz from an old 1080p 27" 60hz monitor, what a difference. I also have a 1440p 60hz monitor but I haven't spent much time gaming on it.

Depends on the room.

Living room - 55" Samsung TV

Mancave - 46" Samsung TV
24" Benq xl2411z.

My favourite screen to game on is the Benq monitor. Way faster input lag/response than my 46" tv and the size/viewing distance is set just right.

28" 1920x1200 TN panel. Bought like 8 years ago.

Great response time but color and viewing angle could be improved.

24" TN 144Hz because most of my desk space is needed for speakers and an integrated amp. I do have a 27" IPS in the closet though. I should have bought smaller speakers because as it is now I can never go larger than 24".

1440 is better, but I had that and it was too small coming from 7680x1600. (3x 2560x1600) I'm waiting for something north of 40", at least 100Hz, HDR, with either 1600 or better vertical height. I'm not sold on all this super ultra wide shit as I've been there for years with my 3x30" setup. I prefer the 16:10 and 16:9 aspect ratios. Not only do I like the vertical height for productivity I also like the fact that I don't have to fight with games to support 32:9 or 21:9 aspect ratios.

It actually shrunk about 18 months ago. I used to run 3 27inch screens. I now use a 34inch Ultrawidescreen 21:9
1440P screen from LG. I find it actually easier to use. The side screens were always stretched and unclear in (most games) that supported them. The 21:9 is great as long as you don't consider Blizzard to exist for anything competitive as they wish to stay in old HD dark ages forever. It's been a great experience and much clearer plus no bezels.

It actually shrunk about 18 months ago. I used to run 3 27inch screens. I now use a 34inch Ultrawidescreen 21:9
1440P screen from LG. I find it actually easier to use. The side screens were always stretched and unclear in (most games) that supported them. The 21:9 is great as long as you don't consider Blizzard to exist for anything competitive as they wish to stay in old HD dark ages forever. It's been a great experience and much clearer plus no bezels.

I downsized from the 3x30" setup to my 49" setup and I feel similarly about it. No bezels and the real estate is more useful. That's why I'm not sold on the super wide screen shit. I wouldn't mind it but not at the cost of vertical real estate.

just get 5 of them and run portrait. :p I run triple 40's 4k's in the bedroom rig and bezels don't affect me since they are already off screen.

just get 5 of them and run portrait. :p I run triple 40's 4k's in the bedroom rig and bezels don't affect me since they are already off screen.

I tried that with some 27" ROG Swifts. I hated the bezels. Plus, driving that many pixels at a decent frame rate wasn't really feasible at the time. This was probably four years ago that I had tried that. TN monitors are also shit for that.

I do like vertical height for Productivity as well. This is way i'm staying away from that mammoth Samsung the vertical cutoff is horrendous...just waiting for that display but better vertical height so I can move to a single display instead of two. I actually hate having two displays...hate it.

43 curve samsung. couldn't go back to anything smaller at this point, just enjoy it too much. i actually thought i was going to hate losing gsync but i don't miss it at all (i also don't competitively game much at all anymore either, to be fair. so "advantages" of smoother frame rate don't matter to me and i really don't notice it much in most games).

Posted earlier, but i went with a 49" Samsung NU8000 TV as my monitor. My previous Monitor was a 40" Curved Samsung JU6700, which i really liked but wanted something bigger this time around. Really wanted the Curved version of this, but as it's only available in the 55" and above sizes, i ended up with the regular one.
Love the picture though and looks good on games so not a bad choice either. Also is a lot thinner the the previous one and the bezel is also small. (Except part of me wishes i would have gone with the Curved 55"....lol)

how do older games, like Bioshock look on this thing?

Havent tried bioshock, Some are fixed resolution so you get black bars on the side. I play those windowed with other things up. Newer games like Destiny 2 scale beautifully and with HDR makes it look like perfection.

Some games like Fallout 4 can be "hacked" to the resolution, but stretch the image to the left and right of the character and look horrible.

How do you like it? Pretty sure the wife would murder me. I have a 34” 3440x1440 60Hz Samsung and love it but am tempted by the latest Predator X34P since it’s 100Hz.

I LOVE it, 3 side by side windows for productivity, ultra wide viewing while gaming is amazing. I'll have to post some gaming pictures or screenshots.

The monitor sounded fantastic until I saw that it's vertical pixel height was only 1080. That's way too little for me.

Baby steps for me :) went from 60hz to 144hz (will never go back) figure the same will happen when I got to 1440p. I'll make that jump later down the road :)

I also think the 1080p makes it perfect for gaming with a 1080ti. Its a 2k panel, so I get decent frame rates. I push 144 with Destiny 2, 80-100 with Final Fantasy and Monster Hunter.

Posted earlier, but i went with a 49" Samsung NU8000 TV as my monitor. My previous Monitor was a 40" Curved Samsung JU6700, which i really liked but wanted something bigger this time around. Really wanted the Curved version of this, but as it's only available in the 55" and above sizes, i ended up with the regular one.
Love the picture though and looks good on games so not a bad choice either. Also is a lot thinner the the previous one and the bezel is also small. (Except part of me wishes i would have gone with the Curved 55"....lol)

I wouldn't go above 49" at this pixel density. 49" is the limit of what I consider usable at this resolution for text and productivity work. Some people with better eyesight might disagree, but that's my experience. I have a 65" Samsung that I've hooked up to a PC before and I've seen 55"'s used this way and didn't care for it. Also, the 49" fills my peripheral vision at a distance of 2.5-3' from the screen. I think that's plenty. If all I did was game then I'd go bigger but since I use my PC for work, I think this is on the high side of the sweet spot. I think 40-43" is better for work. If someone made a plain 40" monitor with HDR, and 4K that was at least 100Hz, I'd be all over that shit.

Thanks...About what i was thinking when i made the decision actually. I have a 55" Samsung i use to watch TV right next to my computer, and it seems like it would be just a bit too big as you said.

Back