How big is your Gaming screen?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Susquehannock, Nov 29, 2017.

1. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

Curved?????...why!?...your videophile membership has been revoked

2. horrorshow

horrorshow 2[H]4U

Acer 23.6" 1080p TN 5ms from like 2011....

It just REFUSES to die.

Armenius and darrpara like this.
  3. harvestor

harvestor n00bie

3 LG 22" 1080p 2ms iv had them for 9 years now and they just wont die haha, im going to be upgrading to a 4K monitor once they mature

4. piratepress

piratepress [H]ard|Gawd

5. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

Hell, yeah. Bought one of these myself when it was brand new. Still works beautifully. All of my monitors since have been ASUS.

6. gamerk2

gamerk2 Gawd

B6P here; LGs OLED lineup is solid for PC/gaming purposes, unlike most TVs out there.

Armenius likes this.
  7. husker4life

husker4life Limp Gawd

30" Dell 3008WFP 2560x1600 and before that the legendary FW900.

8. Armenius

Armenius [H]ardForum Junkie

Are you experiencing any burnin issues? The test Rtings is currently running does not look promising, even though it would be outside the normal usage scenario. However, people in the comments are still pointing out burnin on their own units after a relatively short amount of time with normal usage.

DF-1 likes this.
  9. BeavermanA

BeavermanA 2[H]4U

With the C6P I honestly have not even noticed image retention in the slightest. I do have pixel shift on, but coming from using plasmas with the same option since 2003, I would see image retention in minutes on one and maybe after 30 minutes on my last plasma. Never burn in.

I'm pretty conscientious of taking care of the displays, but played hours of Cities Skylines recently hardly switching things up without issue.

Plasma burn in was completely overblown imo, OLED seems even more so. If you're using it for lots of MS office type work, don't get one. Games and movies, you're foolish not to if it's affordable.

Burn in while certainly possible, pretty much comes down to user error.

Armenius likes this.
  10. knstyl

knstyl n00bie

I've actually noticed some burn in on the B7A after some fairly heavy usage on the first day (had it on for about 16 hours straight - that's how much I was in awe with the TV). The C7P does seem to have less image retention then the B series though, at least according to rtings. Regardless, I love this TV so far. Can't wait to try out some 4K PC gaming on it this weekend.

Armenius likes this.
  11. BeavermanA

BeavermanA 2[H]4U

Burn in on the first day? That's rough if you permanently damaged the display.

I just did it out of habit, but at least broke the display in for a few hours of full screen dynamic images. Probably not best to immediately start with static HUDs and max brightness out of the box.

Armenius likes this.
  12. knstyl

knstyl n00bie

I was playing around with the menu quite a bit and it did go away after a while. Haven't noticed anything since then.

13. BeavermanA

BeavermanA 2[H]4U

Ok that's just temporary image retention, goes away on its own or running the clear noise tool. Leave what's causing your IR on too long, and it becomes burn in or permanent IR.

Will look the same, but you can't get it to go away. Wife did that to one of her phones, permanently had a games' layout visible. Hence why I have an LCD in the living room and my TV is OLED.

14. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardness Supreme

All 1080 in my house. I prefer speed and cranked up image settings over resolution. (without buying more than the upper-mid level card for the generation (1070 right now for example)) I game primarily at my desk for M+KB games. 47" wall mounted TV behind my desk. Living room is 65" and where I play games that I like to play on gamepads, plus emulators, Nintendo consoles, etc. I also have a few 23" / 24" monitors in other parts of my computer / work room, then I also play PC games via Shield TV from my bed on 50" TV. There are other rooms with various PCs and consoles, but I don't use them much.

15. Converge

Converge [H]ard|Gawd

24" BenQ monitor for PC and a 46" LED LG TV for console. If I had a bigger monitor it would be too big, I would have to move it further back on my desk so the 24" is just fine.

16. Joust

Joust [H]Lite

17. gamerk2

gamerk2 Gawd

Nope. Not even a slight indication of image retention. Been about six months or so with no obvious issues, at least once LG fixed several HDR/4k related firmware problems.

Armenius likes this.