how bad is the lag on 2405? owners please vote!

How bad do you feel the lag on your 2405?

• Horrible! I can't stand it.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Noticable, but not too bothersome.

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • You'll notice it if you look REALLY hard for it.

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • What lag?? my 2405 is perfect :)

Votes: 36 48.6%

• Total voters

kyaku00x

n00b
I know that the best way to judge a monitor is to see it in action, so the best people to judge the lag in the 2405 are the guys who own it. does it bother you any if at all? please help us people on the side lines make a decision ;)

i got a 2405 for xmas, and i play CS:S, BF2, etc and i really dont see it. It is there, a little bit, because its in all LCD's, but the only time i really notice it is when i have my PS2 plugged into the Component inputs, there is noticable input lag, but not when on DVI. In all reality it is not that noticable, everyone on here really blows it way out of proportion.

I play CS:S at widescreen (16:9 i think. cba to check) res at high graphics detail with a 6600GT, runs smooth.. I dont see any ghosting or lag (im also using DVI) I did get some with my xbox on the component but I plugged in the hi-def (R G B) and it ran smooth.. you just gotta try things out

Horrible input lag through component. Slight lag over DVI with cs:s. I sold mine to get the FW900.

I dont see any ghosting or lag (im also using DVI) I did get some with my xbox on the component but I plugged in the hi-def (R G B) and it ran smooth..

what is hi-def (R G B)? is this another kind of input on the 2405 besides the composite, component and s-video? please elaborate :)

He means the component (Y Pr Pb, not RGB) connection I'm sure.

I have 2 2405s and honestly I've never seen the horrible lag people complain about. There have been times when I could swear there was a *tiny* amount of it, but it's never been enough to hamper my gaming performance at all. I mostly play America's Army and WoW with a bit of UT and BF2 thrown in and when I made the switch from my last monitor (NEC MultiSync FE950+ 19" CRT) I didn't notice any change in my scores, which is all that matters to me. :p

I Play Quake4, BF2, CSS all run fine with no lag/ghosting on the screen as far as i can tell. :eek: :)

Jasonx82 said:
I Play Quake4, BF2, CSS all run fine with no lag/ghosting on the screen as far as i can tell. :eek: :)

yah, same here! i dont play any better when i play on a CRT. and i love the widescreen support via Steam! on a side note my 2405 is perfect! No backlight bleeding at all! and i keep the brightness levels a little below 50% and i dont get eye strain and what not. Its a great monitor! i would definalty get one, i might be in the market for another one, or a 3007 soon!

I have read some of the posts in the past talking about the lag on this monitor. I think at one point someone had hooked a couple of monitors up to some equipment to test it.

Well gee, from my perspective maybe some equipment can tell of some kind of lag scientifically but from my eyes, mouse hand, and playing games I do not see it or feel it. So I never quite got a grasp on where this lag thing was really coming from. My rig itself rocks with game too. But I bet I could hook it up to some equipment and OMG find something also that I can not see or feel or even imagine.

I guess a very few people notice something but I can not speak to that. Mine Rocks!

I bought mine when they came out last march. Loved it then and still do.Kicks tail in gaming.

Before this I had a 19 inch crt that was about 6 years old attached here. The 2405 is so much better than that I can't quite describe it.

I notice it if I look for it and move the mouse slow...

But when I'm gaming, I'm usually moving the mouse around quickly. And since I'm not looking for it, I don't notice it at all. :)

Like I said in some of my testing the Samsung 244t has very noticable input lag. Its unusable for anything IMO. However, the 2405 did show lag in tests but subjectively feels almost non existant. Its a good monitor, I just wish it had a little faster b2b response times.

so for most that have voted so far the lag is a no-issue that doesn't degrade the experience.
if the 2407 suffers from the same lag as the 244T, then the 2405 might be the better choice after all, especially since its price has dropped to $800 now.

Horrible input lag on my 2405. Sold it for the 3007WFP :)

The lag messed me up when I switched from my old 17" Samsung LCD. My close range combat started to suck, and my sniping went down the gutter.

First day with the 30" and I was kicking ass again :D

zoob said:
Horrible input lag on my 2405. Sold it for the 3007WFP :)

The lag messed me up when I switched from my old 17" Samsung LCD. My close range combat started to suck, and my sniping went down the gutter.

First day with the 30" and I was kicking ass again :D

lol i had a Samsung LCD 17" as well before my 2405 and the Samsung I was unable to even play FPS'ers. The lag was so bad on that screen.

i bought a 2405 a few weeks ago, it's beautiful, no dead pixels or any other issues. i have to send it back (unexpected money troubles), but i put it next to my television to compare...and it has some pretty noticeable lag over s-video. i was watching the same dvd side by side, and you could notice when the scene changed, the 2405 couldnt switch as fast. not that i expected it to anyway. also, due to the lag, the sound and video did not match up, meaning that when someone said something on screen, the video was a little behind the audio, and it wasnt matched. i dont think anyone expected it to respond as fast as a crt, but i just wanted to see how it would perform.

I don't own a 2405, but I just wanted to say lag or lack thereof are like the old MP3 bitrate argument. Some people say they can detect artifacts at 192kb and prefer nothing less than 320kbit encodes, etc. I still run on a 19" Samsung panel that is 25ms and game on it every day. I experience lag in the first few weeks, but it has subsided. Honestly, it's just down to the person and their perspective.

whats really weird is that when i first played quake on my 2405, i was going directly from a 19" sony crt, and could definately see ghosting, now that i've had it for several months, I never notice ghosting and it does not bother me what so ever... for me, it was easy to get used to it.. and i love my monitor, it's better than any crt

so as most have stated, the lag is most noticable using other inputs on the 2405 other than DVI and VGA. so who ever wants to buy this monitor should just consider using those ports and nothing else?

kyaku00x said:
so as most have stated, the lag is most noticable using other inputs on the 2405 other than DVI and VGA. so who ever wants to buy this monitor should just consider using those ports and nothing else?

well no, not really. I run PIP with my TV via S-Video and unless you are right next to another TV that has the same channel on you dont notice it. I also play PS2 via Component and while it does have noticable lag, i prefer it over using my 12" TV.

spotdog14 said:
yah, same here! i dont play any better when i play on a CRT. and i love the widescreen support via Steam! on a side note my 2405 is perfect! No backlight bleeding at all! and i keep the brightness levels a little below 50% and i dont get eye strain and what not. Its a great monitor! i would definalty get one, i might be in the market for another one, or a 3007 soon!

same im gonna go with a 3007 once prices drop a lil :)

For the guys who answered 'perfect'..

How many of you regularly play fast fps's such as BF2? And for the ones that notice the lag... is it way more evident during games than general desktop use?

I play BF2, Quake 4 and Raven Shield on the 2405 and haven't noticed any lag during gaming. I also just got the xbox hooked up via component and I don't see any lag in games.

spotdog14 said:
lol i had a Samsung LCD 17" as well before my 2405 and the Samsung I was unable to even play FPS'ers. The lag was so bad on that screen.

Mine was a 173T with the older panel that had the higher contrast ratio (before the big hubub about mis-advertising specs). It was an amazing LCD...there was no *noticeable* lag compared to the CRT it replaced. I didn't miss my old Samsung 700NF too much. :)

I play UT/UT2K4 and score high. I am getting owned by people I regularly play with since I got the 2405FPW. It's going back. It feels like there is a lead weight on the mouse in games. It doesn't bother me on the desktop (it's present there too). Turn off VSync if you don't mind tearing and want to reduce the lag. Don't get this monitor if you plan to play fast paced games. Just wanted to chime in...

I found a small desktop lag the first hour or so felt like the mouse was dragging. I don't play FPS games, and I got used to the lag, after that.

I sold the monitor because of poor viewing angles (typical PVA) and excess brightness that couldn't be tamed without ruining the picture.

When I switched back to CRT, it was like my mouse was telepathic for the first little while.

Back