how are there ivy bridges on ebay?

Discussion in 'Intel Processors' started by slee8251, Apr 6, 2012.

1. slee8251

slee8251 n00bie

i was browsing through ebay and saw ivy bridges ie
    Intel Ivy Bridge Core i5 3550

i'm guessing these are either fake or engineering samples...

2. Tsumi

Tsumi [H]ardForum Junkie

It's ebay. Frauds are to be expected.

3. slee8251

slee8251 n00bie

one of the seller is a top rated seller and a buyer left a positive feedback for an "ivy bridge he bought"

4. DejaWiz

DejaWiz [H]ardForum Junkie

^ It's not hard for sellers to pad their rating and have positive feedback left. Criminal groups have been doing this since eBay started.

5. youghmama

youghmama [H]Lite

They are called "shills" in a bidding war. They are people associated to the seller, or maybe even the seller himself using an AKA, and when they bid they try to stop before the real buyer loses interest. If they win, it just means that the seller keeps the item, gets a glowing reference, and has to try to resell the same item under another alias.

Ebay does everything it can, to hush this practice up (you wonder why "anonymity" is so important and you can only see back so many transactions to look for a pattern?), this is why. I left ebay and only buy local.

The only way to avoid shills is to snipe. Good luck.

6. PaperclipGod

PaperclipGod Limp Gawd

7. vict0r

vict0r Gawd

I didnt put the question mark ...

I don't know, im just wondering just like all of u

8. Tisca

Tisca Limp Gawd

9. Tsaar

Tsaar [H]Lite

Some guy on the Anandtech forms said he was getting his retail box in from Honk Kong on Tuesday.

We'll see. He said he was going to do a write-up.

If the results aren't impressive just gonna pick up a 2500k combo from MC and be done with it.

10. AnonymousUser

AnonymousUser Gawd

So does this mean Ivy CPU's can be expected to release in the next couple months? :D
    Six core by any chance? :(

11. SonDa5

SonDa5 [H]ardness Supreme

IB has been released in other parts of the world.

12. Tisca

Tisca Limp Gawd

IB end of April, date has been set already.
    6 core IB in 2013 (LGA 2011). 8 core consumer class IB (non Xeon) could be a possibility if they can keep the wattage low enough but as long as there is no competition they have no reason to release such goodies.

13. kpxgq

kpxgq Limp Gawd

fake or engineering sample i bet

14. blackacidevil

blackacidevil Limp Gawd

Most likely an ES. The seller is legit...it's the same guy I bought my E8700 from actually.

15. prtzlboy

prtzlboy [H]ard|Gawd

Yep. eBay is just scammer central now. Too bad, really.

16. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo 2[H]4U

Large retailers could already have shipment of the new IB. Some people think the sky is falling when someone breaks the rules and drags someone that's been sheltered most of their life outside their closed off perfect world and they see something like this on eBay.

Wouldn't be the first time someone got a retail product before others and then sold it.

A handful of people on Xtreme forums already have retail boxed IB processors and everyone is saying the same thing, that they run hot. And if you know the community and the people in question, they are pretty respected people and their testing matches what others are saying across the web. And no, these are not ES IB cpu's.

It's also no mistake that everyone including Corsair has put their water coolers on sale. Corsair knows that any savvy pc enthusiast will have seen these early and what appears to be accurate reports of the new IB processors running hot while OC'd and lowered their prices to capitalize on this fact. So, don't get too excited just yet. Everyone is saying hang on to your SB cpu, and, for good reason.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012