How About some 8043x1600 Goodness

LOL...

♫Pimpin Ain't Easy but it's Necessary, gotta get dat money like Tom chased Jerry.....♫

♫...so I reached back like a pimp and slapped da hoe! boys in the hood are always hard ....♫

lol... you guys are funny....

King Icewind "Should have done what I did for one of my wc rigs..."

Actually man, I'm sucking in fresh air from the back of the case and fans in the case blow the heated case air up. I have fans sucking fresh air from the side of my case across to cool the radiator and out in the same direction as the heated air from the top exit of the case so at no time is any heated air hitting my rad or the inside of the case. The flow is very sound and cools extremely well.

Nice idea though for your mod - I didn't want to drill holes and mount the rad on my case. Mine is very easy to take off with the industrial velcro holding it up there and there are no holes in my case. But I like your setup, like the dual rad mounting looks cool.

And for some 8043 goodness - - just allowed me to do 8063 Goodness! so I enabled it! lol... ever try finding wallpaper in that size for your desktop....uh...its almost impossible, if anyone knows where I can find some let me know.

King Icewind "Should have done what I did for one of my wc rigs..."

Actually man, I'm sucking in fresh air from the back of the case and fans in the case blow the heated case air up. I have fans sucking fresh air from the side of my case across to cool the radiator and out in the same direction as the heated air from the top exit of the case so at no time is any heated air hitting my rad or the inside of the case. The flow is very sound and cools extremely well.

It's not about warm air, it's about having the air inside your loop go to where it's supposed, which is the res. Long as you have it bleed good. ;)

It's not about warm air, it's about having the air inside your loop go to where it's supposed, which is the res. Long as you have it bleed good. ;)

Yeah all the positioning and flow orientation was graphed and sent to my by Dan at Danger Den, here's how it is setup...

TomsBeast.jpg

Yea, I'm just saying that if there is any air left in your loop it's stuck up in the radiator. It should work it's way out eventually.

And for some 8043 goodness - - just allowed me to do 8063 Goodness! so I enabled it! lol... ever try finding wallpaper in that size for your desktop....uh...its almost impossible, if anyone knows where I can find some let me know.

i've got a bunch of panoramics i took in NZ/OZ, way more pixels than that, if your interested drop me a PM and i can give ya a few if you want

i've got a bunch of panoramics i took in NZ/OZ, way more pixels than that, if your interested drop me a PM and i can give ya a few if you want

I've seen some of them. Take him up on his offer, you will *not* be disappointed.

Benchies please! Just some automated ones would be cool, I'm just very curious how this resolution plays. Thanks!

Awesome setup- one question though- wouldn't it be slightly better to completely reverse the order of flow there? Have the cooled liquid coming straight off the radiator onto the cards, rather than out of the reservior (which is in the warmer case air) and the pump (which will add some heat to the water). I've never done a watercooled system myself, but I've always wanted to. I know it probably wouldn't make a huge difference, I just always thought it would give the best result if you went straight from Rad to components and left the pump and res on the back of the loop rather than the front.

Awesome setup- one question though- wouldn't it be slightly better to completely reverse the order of flow there? Have the cooled liquid coming straight off the radiator onto the cards, rather than out of the reservior (which is in the warmer case air) and the pump (which will add some heat to the water). I've never done a watercooled system myself, but I've always wanted to. I know it probably wouldn't make a huge difference, I just always thought it would give the best result if you went straight from Rad to components and left the pump and res on the back of the loop rather than the front.

Yes, I understand what your saying but in the Tri SLi setup, according to not only Danger Den but it has been measured that reversing the flow would not be as efficient as cooling from the bottom card going up. There's like a few degrees difference, not huge but nonetheless. I understand what your saying but according to the experts it doesn't work like that. :D

Temps equalize in the loop, the only thing you need to worry about is having the reservoir feed/before into the pump.

probably the most badass computer here, congrats man. Hope the gaming is fantastic

post just for shits and giggles your 3dmark vantage score, haven, unigene etc...

When really tessellated games come out your setup will kick butt even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
probably the most badass computer here, congrats man. Hope the gaming is fantastic

post just for shits and giggles your 3dmark vantage score, haven, unigene etc...

When really tessellated games come out your setup will kick butt even more.

Oh I don't know I think my double projector, triple dell u2410 setup with a singular Asus 5870 6 gives him a run for the money in the "dream system," department! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyNZY8On5q8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdPVIAiRSGo

Oh I don't know I think my double projector, triple dell u2410 setup with a singular Asus 5870 6 gives him a run for the money in the "dream system," department! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyNZY8On5q8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdPVIAiRSGo

Sweet setup, triple projectors look awesome. Are those projectors 120hz models. Can you run stereo? Wait you have AMD, probably not as simple to setup. Stereo would give you an extra foot on your e-peen but I can tell that is a hell of a setup to enjoy.

I have a hard time focusing on just 1 26" Monitor, i think 3 30" would be impossible... with my 26 i'm already like... well, what quadrant of the screen do i look at first?

Looks nice, but it's a bit much for me personally :)

Enjoy it!

I have a hard time focusing on just 1 26" Monitor, i think 3 30" would be impossible... with my 26 i'm already like... well, what quadrant of the screen do i look at first?

Looks nice, but it's a bit much for me personally :)

Enjoy it!

I think you miss the point. Most PC gaming is about simulation. First Person Shooers, racing sims, flight sims etc.. It's like saying that in life you would like goggles to cut off your peripheral vision, because you couldn't decide what sector to look at. The more you see the better. Granted you can't look at everything at once. That is life. The sooner games become like the hollo deck in star trek the better :D

all that money on the rig and displays...but still rockin a generic logitech mouse.....I have one of those and the rubber pads under them are gone after a month, I hate that mouse.

Started to think about going from 1x30" to 3x30" once eyefinity was announced, my 3007 WFP-HC has pretty large bezels though and I can't stand the gaps so that rules it out really. So does the fact that I struggle to power 1 30" in a lot of games, much less 3

Can I ask at what point in your career are you to be affording stuff like that? ;)

all that money on the rig and displays...but still rockin a generic logitech mouse.....I have one of those and the rubber pads under them are gone after a month, I hate that mouse.

I had a Lecesis (sp) gaming mouse and it stinks... all that gaming crap is made of junk. This little mouse is nice, I will probably get a better one but it's pretty hard finding a good quality mouse especially for lefties. :rolleyes:

Ok you all wanted some numbers... this is just with the "crazy" OC on my ASUS RP3 so I haven't dabbled with the settings yet.

3DMarkVantageScore9-30-2010.jpg

3DMarkVantageScore9-30-2010WebCompare.jpg

Had to get rid of current gpu drivers in safe mode then reinstall them and my points shot up on that second run. Also applied that crazy OC setting to bump me up 700Mhz. Looks like this other guy was running Quad SLi... lol... not bad.

I'm pretty happy with this system...it does rock and kills in games...
buttrock.gif

Back