Hover Hound for Newegg to Amazon Price Comparisons

Discussion in '[H]ot Deals Discussions' started by Kyle_Bennett, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett HardOCP MasterChef Editor Staff Member

Hover Hound is out for both Chrome and FireFox!

Chrome extension.

FireFox extension.

Shopping at Newegg™ has been a staple for the computer enthusiast for years, and comparison shopping those same exact products at Amazon™ can sometimes be difficult. Built with the computer hardware enthusiast in mind, our Hover Hound™ add-on for Firefox makes comparison shopping products at Amazon while at Newegg.com very simple. Hover Hound can accomplish this in several ways, while keeping your privacy and browsing experience at the forefront. [/SIZE]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. Dark12

Dark12 [H]ard|Gawd

3. WorldExclusive

WorldExclusive [H]ardForum Junkie

Now that I see the NewZon tabs by the Newegg links, will the redirects be stopped? The tabs are a lot better.

4. KaizerDan

KaizerDan Gawd

agreed. those links are making me resent amazon.... even though i have prime. it just alienates my freedom to look wherever the hell i want even if i dont by from the egg

5. Kyle_Bennett

No, the redirects will not stop. A single simple additional click will get you to Newegg still with the redirects. If you want to resent, then you should resent Newegg for literally forcing us to do this by cutting us off from all commission sales the forum sends the company.

6. BB Gun

BB Gun [H]ard|Gawd

Just want to say thanks for Newzon. Living in WA I rarely shopped at amazon, but I tell ya, with prime, 4 bucks additional cost gets me lightning delivery. Local delivery service lets me order at 9:00 at night and get it next day before 5:00, and if I order some things beore 9:00 or so in the morning, I get it SAME DAY.

Yes, a tad more expensive, but the instant gratification aspect is sooooo worth it.

So, thanks for Newzon, 'cause without it, finding stuff on Amazon was a chore and (apparently) frequently the last barrier to me shopping there.

BB

7. OregonLAN

OregonLAN 2[H]4U

Wow, this is a very useful tool, thanks Kyle. I haven't shopped at Newegg for some time now. Most of our company purchases come from Amazon simply because Amazon has similar or better prices than Newegg. They also have MUCH faster shipping and a better return policy (using Prime). I bought a few sticks or RAM from Newegg using their "saver" shipping option and it literally took 3 1/2 weeks to receive the item and the post office fumbled the delivery. Also, I got tire buying and returning hard drives that were improperly packaged.

8. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN [H]ard|Gawd

Hi Kyle, do you have an ETA on version 1.3 making it to FF? It looks like the Chrome version is 1.3, but the FF one is still 1.2.3. I very much like the price history feature (or at least in principle, since I haven't been able to try it yet), but I only use FF. And the price history feature is not there in 1.2.3.

9. jkw

jkw Limp Gawd

I was wondering what that was about. Thanks for the explanation. Your site, your rules, I can live with it. :) Newegg has been sucking for a while, and I have Amazon Prime, so I'll give this HoverHound dillo a try.

10. jkw

jkw Limp Gawd

What he said. I just tried both, and that price history feature is a must have for FF. :)

11. PerfectCr

PerfectCr Gawd

Doesn't look like adding the entire cart from Newegg to HH is working. I click the button and nothing happens. :(

12. bbenz33

bbenz33 Limp Gawd

I think this was asked before but could not find it. Is there work on a version of the extension for the mobile browsers? I love using it on my PCs but also would like the ability to use it when browsing on my iPad or Android phone.

13. peone121

peone121 n00bie

i just loved it to use thank you

14. peone121

peone121 n00bie

it shuld be described neatly

15. Modred189

Modred189 I'm Smarter Than You

Is there any way to limit HH references on the Newegg pop-up to ONLY For Sale/Shipped by Amazon w/ Prime free shipping entries? I don't care much for third party resellers.

livingstoneony likes this.
  16. Kyle_Bennett

No. Amazon uses the same exact URL for the product even when it changes suppliers.

17. Modred189

Modred189 I'm Smarter Than You

Got it. Thanks, boss.

18. vr.

vr. 2[H]4U

19. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis [H]ard|Gawd

I don't know how feasible it is, but I would love to see a Canadian version of Hover Hound. It would make my life a lot easier.