House to Garage Fiber Worklog

3800 series. My ISP (Sasktel) uses them. If you put them in bridge mode they are fine. Rock solid. For a regular home use they are good as well. If you have a larger network and use them as a router they start to crap out

I have a static ip so port one is my bridged pirt for my static ips and the other three are still behind the 2wire. I run my guest vlan to it and that way they have a completely different network and public dhcp address.

Ah okay. I have that too, which is why I asked; AT&T U-Verse uses those. They sure do limit options. Can you put in static routes on yours? I can't.

Looking back on my post in this thread I'm trying to figure out why the F I posted it here. Probably the wrong thread...wtf.

Ah okay. I have that too, which is why I asked; AT&T U-Verse uses those. They sure do limit options. Can you put in static routes on yours? I can't.

No, I can't do shit. I can do parental controls and allow firewall exceptions and change wireless settings, but that's it. Mine's flashed to a special firmware since I have a static IP. It basically makes port 1 completely bypass the gateway to your own devices. Ports 2-4 are still regular ports on the 2Wire. So I technically have 3 IPs. My two statics and then the gateway gets a dynamic IP. I use the gateway one for my Cisco lab.

where did you get the procurve's from? i want to run fiber in my setup too, i just dont feel like paying 1200 bucks a switch.

Back