House Passes Controversial CISPA Cybersecurity Bill

Even if it doesn't pass now, people were telling me that a version of this will eventually pass down the road (which might even be worse). Is there any truth to that?

Would not surprise me. The government is hell bent on passing something of this nature, so they'll just keep trying. DMCA got passed, that is pure evil right there, now they just need to keep building upon it. Maybe they tried to do too much at once, so they'll slow down, and eventually pass everything they want.

The US needs a revolution.

Would not surprise me. The government is hell bent on passing something of this nature, so they'll just keep trying. DMCA got passed, that is pure evil right there, now they just need to keep building upon it. Maybe they tried to do too much at once, so they'll slow down, and eventually pass everything they want.

The US needs a revolution.

Everyone seems to be overwhelmingly more concerned about Bush's wiretapping (which is really not even so much about Bush). Most people couldn't even tell you what the four letters D.M.C.A. actually stand for. Much less anything about what harm comes from it. People won't even recognize that it was Clinton that signed it into law.

It's amazing what an attack at the right time can achieve in a country full of frightened and easily manipulated people, all in the name of "National Security", and the obsession to totally control and monitor it's population...

Quite the short memory you have there. Who started the Patriot Act? It's eluding my short American memory as well. Oh wait, never mind, it was Bush and his cronies.

The way I see it, weather true or not, at some point in time, some form of CISPA will pass, will not be veto'd, and thats that, at some point. Right now, maybe not.

The goverment is only in it for itself. There is no care for the "little people", it all comes down to money, who has it, who can make them more of it. The only people that benefit are big business, oil industry and defense tactics, which they dont even second guess, its all passed immediately, leaving "little people" the burden of carrying big business on its shoulders, forcefully. I dont care much for politics because thats all it is, who can make the load bigger for the little people to carry!

Obama can do what he can do, and he will do what senate, congress or whoever, lets him do! He's the president in title, but hes just another pawn in reality. At some point, CISPA will go through, maybe in bits, maybe as a whole, but at some point, it will.

The way I see it, weather true or not, at some point in time, some form of CISPA will pass, will not be veto'd, and thats that, at some point. Right now, maybe not.

The goverment is only in it for itself. There is no care for the "little people", it all comes down to money, who has it, who can make them more of it. The only people that benefit are big business, oil industry and defense tactics, which they dont even second guess, its all passed immediately, leaving "little people" the burden of carrying big business on its shoulders, forcefully. I dont care much for politics because thats all it is, who can make the load bigger for the little people to carry!

Obama can do what he can do, and he will do what senate, congress or whoever, lets him do! He's the president in title, but hes just another pawn in reality. At some point, CISPA will go through, maybe in bits, maybe as a whole, but at some point, it will.

Sadly the truth. The people such as the president who are elected are simply puppets, to make people think they are voting their government in. These people don't have much say in what actually does happen, or if they do get a say they just get coaxed into approving it.

Back