Hours Before Launch, EA strips Micro-Transactions From ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’

frog.jpg

*TEMPORARILY*

<Insert South Park BP We're Sorry gif>

They did this so stupid people will buy the game before the hollidays, then they'll bring MTs back at the start of the year once they already have everyone's 60$..... They won't give a shit about the complaints once you've already bought the copy.

They already made it harder to cancel your order too, because they are a good company like that............

*TEMPORARILY*

<Insert South Park BP We're Sorry gif>

They did this so stupid people will buy the game before the hollidays, then they'll bring MTs back at the start of the year once they already have everyone's 60$..... They won't give a shit about the complaints once you've already bought the copy.

Exactly.

Disney is hardly a group of saints either. I am sure it was just a move so they could get their cut of the gold.

My son spent thousands on some stupid ipad game on an ipad lent from high school. Not a fan of microtransactions myself. Maybe if there was some upper limit. No video game is worth $3000.

Goddamn greedy bastards, good thing they dropped it. You don't wanna piss off a bunch of star wars gamers.

Yeah they're probably concerned about being attacked by plastic light sabre wielding nerds :LOL:

They are just coming back trying to confuse people and trick them into buying! First decent sized patch its back with vengeance.

I haven't bought a single battlefield style game since BF2 as they have progressively gotten worse and worse with shit like this. This is just a stop gap measure to get the furor to die down and as soon as all the impatient kids drop their money anyhow it will all come back. This kind of crap isn't going away because there are too many shitheads playing games now with a credit card with too high a limit, not a lick of god damned sense and zero impulse control.

It saddens me that there are fewer and fewer games worth sharing with my children as they grow up because the majority of "gamers" are some of the dumbest consumers on the entire planet.

F*ck micro transactions.

Doesn't matter who does it.

And the only star wars games to me are dark forces and jedi knight.

At least Battlefront 2 is Canon. Dark Forces and Jedi Knight aren't.

At least Battlefront 2 is Canon. Dark Forces and Jedi Knight aren't.

Yea, original characters based on movie elements is a bit too confusing for the autistic generation these days. They basically have to play the movie or they'll get too confused and start flinging their turds all over the living room.

So basically they will sell as many copies as possible then put it back later...

Back