Hott HD DVD and 9 movies $120 at bestbuy

rhansen5_99

2[H]4U
Best Buy has the Toshiba A3 HD DVD player (With 300 and Bourn Identity) pick two movies under $35, and 5 mail in movies for $150, and there is a 20% off coupon floating around bringing that to 120.

So if you get blade runner, and transformers. The deal is almost worth the movies alone. The player also does a nice job of up converting regular dvd.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat141400050177&type=category

Excellent deal, especially if you are in the market for a nice upconverting player, or even if you already own Blu-ray. Most Universal and Paramount titles probably won't be out on Blu-ray for over a year or two if they transitioned tomorrow to Blu-ray exclusive. It's a pretty smart idea to own both formats, especially with these cheap prices. Buy movies when they have the buy one get one free deals. :cool:

You can't really say that its $120 if you are not going to include the coupon code....

It's also only for Reward Zone members.

YMMV in redeeming it as well since it explicitly says that it can't be combined with any other offers/promos. And the two in-store movies qualify as a promo.

The HD DVD price drops aren't a promo. They are the regular list price now. As far as the extra movies, it will probably ring them up as normal since it is in the computer system. But it's worth a shot. You don't have anything to lose by trying.

I got that coupon in the mail this week. I was thinking about heading over to the local BB but I haven't had yet to go today. Maybe tomorrow....

Out of curiousity, the coupon says no 360 elite, but nothing on the PS3... cheaper PS3s?

Out of curiousity, the coupon says no 360 elite, but nothing on the PS3... cheaper PS3s?

It actually says: "Excludes Pioneer Elite, Xbox 360 HD-DVD players, all HD-DVD and Blue-Ray computer drives, special order, clearance, demo and open-box items."

I doubt this would work on any Xbox 360 (no HD-DVD player) but you might sneak it through on a PS3 if your lucky.

Is this deal also in store?

Does bestbuy apply coupons afterwards? Just bought a HD-A3 tonight and didn't see this. So I'd really like those extra two DVD's and the discount :(

Back