Hot x800pro $329 shows as $399 till checkout

I just called and grilled the CSR

I asked her twice straight out, did you get any shipments since I ordered? She said no.

She said she was expecting them today. They didn't come in today. She said they are waiting on the manufacturer. She also blamed the holiday weekend.

I asked her when they will be in, she said "hopefully next week".

I asked her when to call again, she said Wednesday.

I should email Visiontek and ask if they are having distribution problems :p

Wow Visiontek is headquartered in Hoffman Estates.. probably a 20 minute drive for me!
I figured they were HQ'd in Taiwan or somewhere in east Asia.

I just emailed them asking if they are having supply issues.

I guess we will see on tuesday if any ship. I ordered mine on the 18th , so if I get mine in 3 months , I will have overpaided by then. ; (

yeah ... I was just wondering how long it will take for the x800 pro to get down to ~340

It was $409 on pricewatch when I ordered, it's actually gone up to $410 now. heh

looks like bestbuy has it for 399 now. bet we'll see price drops next week across the board

For $399 I'd get a 6800GT, but I am still keeping this deal since I saved 60 bucks.

I know you are all going to hate me, but mine got shipped. Of course mine was probably one of the first ten ordered, but it did ship. Strangely enough, it is being shipped through a shipping company I have never heard of before last week, DHL. I sware it said FedEx two day, oh well. I am just very happy mine shipped!

DHL is a fine shipping company. Don't charge commission on orders into Canada....

DHL is a great shipping company. I work in the Amazon.com distribution center just outside of Reno, NV. DHL is how we ship most of our international priority shipments.

DHL == bigger than UPS, on the world scale. Goes to places most shipping companies don't. But I work for UPS< so I guess I'm appalled that DHL is shipping my card (at least it will arive in better condition, lol...)

AcneBrain said:
Visiontek's site is saying they ship tomorrow.

hopefully they will... im wating on this card so i can finish my modding project...

Got mine :)

-Dodges bullets-

used installed drivers, takes place of the 9700 Pro I've been using. Now to sell the 9700 Pro...

SSmith said:
DHL is a fine shipping company. Don't charge commission on orders into Canada....

:) w00t w00t

I know and thats why I love them!

called agen today.. they said they were supposed to get them yesterday, and that they shuld ship out this week... :eek:

so.. i hope they do

I send an email yesterday, asking when my order will ship. Here is the response

Thank you for contacting Outpost.com.

At this time we do not have a confirmed delivery date for this item as
the manufacturer has not been able to provide an anticipated ship date.
We should be given an expected arrival time for the item shortly.

Please feel free to check back with us at a later date.

yeah im glad i cancelled my order and picked up a GT. Ive been gaming for a good week now :)

I just called to check on my order, placed on the 21st. They are now telling me it will be in on the 13th. This is getting old, I'll give them until then, them I'm canceling the sob if it's not there by then. This is like getting Fryed all over again, now I remember why I'll never step foot in that shitty store ever again.

johnsolo said:
Lowest on pricewatch is now $418

Its worth the wait.

Exactly. Even after paying taxes and shipping (I live in Texas), I paid $366 total. that's an awesome deal on a card that would cost you $440 in the store.

sandmanx said:
I just called to check on my order, placed on the 21st. They are now telling me it will be in on the 13th. This is getting old, I'll give them until then, them I'm canceling the sob if it's not there by then. This is like getting Fryed all over again, now I remember why I'll never step foot in that shitty store ever again.

I spoke to them again today and made up some BS that my friend already got his. The lady then told me something on other rep told me, that htey DID get a shipment on the 2nd (although i called after 2nd and they said they didn't) but they didn't get enough, they are waiting for more orders. If you have an order in already and can wait, just wait it out, that's what I'm doing. It'll come in eventually.

well this confirms what I suspected (and what is true of many many national companies):

lying to the customers is an accepted business practice

Of course Im not going to act offended. We're already in the moral grey here ourselves.

Well, I gave up and am canceling my order. Can't say my first Fry's experience has been a great one. Ended up getting the $399 BFG 6800 GT from Chumbo. Its seventy dollars more, but I have a feeling it'll perform well longer and hey it'll be here in 2 days :D

the weak of spirit fall by the wayside
exploiting the cracks in capitalism requires strong resolve my pupil

Arg should've kept waiting for this. Freaking Chumbo lied about having the card in stock. Now instead of having a backordered $330 x800, I have a backordered $399 6800. Newegg is the only company that can be trusted.

lol, i called today, and they said there was no known ETA. looks like we's gots a long LONG time to wait :(

for any who don't know, i was the one who started the thread incase you're wondering when i ordered it.

johnsolo said:
well this confirms what I suspected (and what is true of many many national companies):

lying to the customers is an accepted business practice

Of course Im not going to act offended. We're already in the moral grey here ourselves.

I don't know about you, but I am deffinately not in any 'moral grey'. This was *NOT* a price mistake. This is the price outpost.com openly offered us. Why would you even argue that we are in a gray zone?

agree i still think frys blows now i ordered june 27th and I know some of you ordered way before that so I've waited 16 days? for a huge company to get a friggin popular item in because they screwed up. Im prolly gonna cancel this and go buy stuff from somewhere else called new egg cause they rarely F-up stupid frys i hate u now

KAMAZON said:
I don't know about you, but I am deffinately not in any 'moral grey'. This was *NOT* a price mistake. This is the price outpost.com openly offered us. Why would you even argue that we are in a gray zone?
oh I thought it was a pricing mistake... ?

After the X800xt I said screw it and got a GT from Newegg... gamed all weekend at my groups LAN Party @ 420/1.12GHz

Pretty pleased

Finally after weeks of calling, and checking the web site, my order has gone from "back ordered" to "In Process"! sweet, I can't wait for it to change to shipped next month! :p

ORDER SHIPPING STATUS

Item Status----Item#----------Product Name
In Process-----XXXXX---------Visiontek X800 Pro 256MB with RADEON X800 PRO 3D Chip

Woot! :D

called em they gave me more bs im prolly gonna cancel im gonan wait a lil more this cards a friggin steal....

checked my email this morning and . . .

Dear OCKKY :

Thanks again for shopping at Outpost.com! We are pleased to tell
you that we shipped the items listed below. We suggest you save
this e-mail in case you have any questions about your order.

sw-w-w-w-w-eet!

maybe if i'm lucky, i'll be able to get me some gaming in this weekend! :D

Here is the latest I got from them on the phone today. They are planning on have the X800 Non-Pro's in stock this Friday and Visiontek has told them that the X800 Pro's should arrive middle of next week. This is getting old real quick.

ah good time are but a few short minutes away. . .yes friends, the wait has finally paid off :p and i have in my hand a dented cardboard box containing my sweet sweet x800pro! thank the gods, i was starting to forget what games looked like :eek:

now the only question is, do i play some UT2k4 on it first, or watch some pr0n! :D

ockky said:
now the only question is, do i play some UT2k4 on it first, or watch some pr0n! :D

Don't jinx it ... you have to watch some pr0n first ...
:D

Back