Hot! WD 400gb External HD

In-store only...YMMV... Western Digital 400gb SATA external drive for $49.99 AR.

$129.99

-$35 instant savings
-$45 easy rebate

= $49.99.

SKU 680196 valid 9/16-9/22 while supplies last.

circular available for viewing online

http://www.staples.com/

For some odd reason, I am unable to find this item.

Can you post with a "direct link?"

Thank You

This is the drive on buy.com:

WD Elements 400gb 7200rpm usb 2.0 external HD

I showed up at the Southlake, TX location at 11:00am sharp. There was another guy in the aisle looking for the same deal. He told the sales guy he was looking for 3, and I politely interjected (read: yelled), "I need 1!" Turns out the store had 3 in stock... I was about 10 steps behind the other guy as we approached the end-cap, and he graciously offered me one of the 3 drives. Score!

i been to 3 stores and none of them had in stock, but websites said instock. :mad:

And this was @10am right when stored opened.

I got one this morning when they opened in Boynton Beach. FL. There were none out, but I asked the manager if they had any, and said they had a bunch and went and got me one. Then he went on to badmouth it by saying he didn't know why they put Western Digital on the box because only one of the chips inside is made by WD. I'm like WTF, just ring up my $49 400GB drive and save your comments...:rolleyes:

I picked one up tonight around 6:00 pm eastern time. There was one just sitting on the shelf with a sign stating the discounted price and the rebate. So I grabbed it. It is up and running 372 gigs just waiting for data. Now for the Rebate!!

element is cheapo line of WD externals. i think seagate freeagent with 5yr warranty are the best option.

According to FatWallet, they're 16MB SATAII drives in there, so I'm going to pick a few up and take off the enclosures to use as internal drives :D.

Probably soon coming to Ebay... limit was 10 per customer I believe. No wonder they're all gone. :mad:

Could have had RAID-5 in my computer now - all I needed was 1. :(

Picked me up 2 of these today and they still had 10 left:D!! Thanks radiopayola!!! EZ

Bummer none in my area, oh well.

Btw, the Staples guy I talked to on the phone was really nice and friendly, good to see they still have great phone support people.. unlike some other companies (coughdellcough)

dell home division sucks, but dell small business rocks.

Eh when I called (3x, they lost my camera in shipping), all of the dell small business people I talked to were not native english speakers. They did sort out my problem, but only after a few weeks after I called them multiple times.

I'd have to say, that staples guy was really cool and wanted to get in on the deal himself when he saw the price heh.

call Tony at Dell Small Business Sales - 512-728-4503

he'll take care of you. probably one the best sales experiences I've ever had.

Back