Hot/Warm(?) i7-930 for 2 bills - microcenter

sfsuphysics

[H]F Junkie
Don't know what it is with Microcenter and their CPUs going for cheap lately. I recently picked up a Q9550 for $180 (It fit my mobo and was the cheapest instant upgrade), however I don't know anything about the i7 family of processors, so this might just a be a warm/cool deal... or maybe all those unlocked processors are just where people are throwing their money *shrug*

Might be in store only.
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0331303

The 920 has been that price for about a year and a half and now replaced with the 930 for the same price. It's the best deal that just never ends.

The 920 has been that price for about a year and a half and now replaced with the 930 for the same price. It's the best deal that just never ends.

QFT. Going to get myself one some time this week. This computer is finally starting to fail me .

I brought my AT&T Wireless and Comcast bills but they didn't give me a i7 930 for them. I thought it was 2 bills! :-/

Seriously though, they run this non-stop.

Obligatory "all those who live near Microcenter I hate you and I wish I had one near me" right here please.

Microcenter is a good 34 mile drive from my house, one way. Its "here", but just a hike...

That being said, that distance never stopped me from going to their store multiple times in one week, a few months ago :)

I bought my 930 from them, best deal ever.. thanks Microcenter!

They did manage to cancel one of my pickup orders one time though, I drove all the way up there for nothing. That was the only time they let me down.

They did manage to cancel one of my pickup orders one time though, I drove all the way up there for nothing. That was the only time they let me down.

What did you order? I had that happen once with a CPU, but they had plenty more in stock so it wasn't an issue.

I ordered the Accell Eyefinity DP to DVI adapter, but they listed the item completely wrong. The only one they had in the store inventory was the MINI DP to DVI, so they realized it was an issue after waiting over 18 minutes and finally they said it was a listing mistake and they cancelled my order. I was pissed, but managed to get it somewhere else so I'm over it.

haha thanks OP, but this deal has been going on for as long as I can remember (for the 920 before it was replaced by the 930).

And every so often somebody who wasn't aware of the price suddenly notices it and posts it in this forum. I bet you could find 15 threads on this very same deal :)

Not a bad deal to remind people of, especially folks that don't have a Microcenter near by. Thanks OP!

Obligatory "all those who live near Microcenter I hate you and I wish I had one near me" right here please.

QTW! The closest one to me in in Boston and you couldn't offer me a free 930 to drive into that mess to get it.

Well dang. I just ran the numbers. And it'll apparently cost me about $90 in gas to drive from Phoenix Arizona to Los Angeles California.

This deal sucks. :p

Well dang. I just ran the numbers. And it'll apparently cost me about $90 in gas to drive from Phoenix Arizona to Los Angeles California.

This deal sucks. :p

LOL, I live in Phoenix too and did the math! That is too funny. We have 2 Fry's here so we can't whine there but just to rub our noses in it Fry's put out and ad today with the i7 930 on "sale" for $259. Oh well, I will be patient.

LOL, I live in Phoenix too and did the math! That is too funny. We have 2 Fry's here so we can't whine there but just to rub our noses in it Fry's put out and ad today with the i7 930 on "sale" for $259. Oh well, I will be patient.

Fry's gets much better sales on budget cpu/mobo combos. Also, Frys has sales on Polk speakers quite often. MC does not.

yep this has been going on for a long time but still an awesome deal. I picked one up last night for my spare / GFs pc.

Sales guy tried to sell me a bunch of stuff since they lose money on it. I had to politely tell him to leave me the fuck alone when he tried telling me I should buy a coolmax psu cause they make great psus lol.

If you don't have a MC around, you can get an i7 920 for $249.99 AC - $38 BCB = $212 with free shipping at tigerdirect. See the new TD deals thread for the coupon.

Rumor is that the i7 950 will be the new $299 retail processor from intel very soon. Chances are the i7 950 will be 200-220 at MC when that happens.

I wish I was closer to the Fairfax store here in VA. 3 hours is a little much one way. I need to find someone near one so I can just pay them to ship it + a little extra for their effort. :)

I wish I was closer to the Fairfax store here in VA. 3 hours is a little much one way. I need to find someone near one so I can just pay them to ship it + a little extra for their effort. :)

I may be able to do it. If I can't find a good price on an i7-920 or i7-930 soon, I may have to just bite the bullet and get one at microcenter.

I may be able to do it. If I can't find a good price on an i7-920 or i7-930 soon, I may have to just bite the bullet and get one at microcenter.

That would be great. Sent you a PM. Had someone else offer too. I love [H] readers, ya'll rock! :)

By the time you pay tax and gas for a 3 hour drive the tiger deal posted a page back is cheaper.

any reason why the i7-920 cost more on newegg then the i7-930? its only $10 but i was checking anyway.

i returned a frys amd x4 965 BE /gigabyte mobo combo (kind of wished i didnt) so still looking for something. MC is 90 miles away but i may be in the area anyway . i think ill jump on this

any reason why the i7-920 cost more on newegg then the i7-930? its only $10 but i was checking anyway.

i returned a frys amd x4 965 BE /gigabyte mobo combo (kind of wished i didnt) so still looking for something. MC is 90 miles away but i may be in the area anyway . i think ill jump on this

not sure why but i7-920 is already EOLed. Might as well get the i7-930.

Just came back from my first visit to microcenter, pretty cool place and prices are pretty nice comparable to e-tailers. Gonna pop this 930 in!!

Back