HOT! Viper Steel 2 x 8 = 16gb 4400mhz DDR4 Samsung B-Die $115 Free Shipping - 2 Days Only.

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
DEAD

https://www.newegg.com/patriot-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820225144?sdtid=14269253&Item=N82E16820225144&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-Slickdeals+LLC&AFFID=208164&AFFNAME=Slickdeals+LLC&ACRID=1&ASUBID=4e816c6addd511eaac66967b084cc5f50INT&ASID=https://slickdeals.net/&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=208164&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-byDRa9i.zZu.0Qogr6Dilw

This memory is normally $149 or in that price range FYI.

I have this memory and you can do some crazy ass shit with it.

I currently have mine running stable at 16-16-16-32 @ 4200mhz. I plan on taking it to 14-14-14 @ 3800mhz or perhaps even tighter timings.

Guys are getting this down to 12-12-12 1T in many instances. I'm just now starting to fiddle with mine.

Last edited:
intense, i don't think it would even run on my 3900x machine

Actually there are A LOT ... A LOT of great guides out there on people running this same exact memory in Ryzens to the point they share all of their settings. Look at the reviews on Amazon and Newegg from end users. High speed memory / tight timings can boost FPS so it should def be a consideration for some of you out there looking for a new upgrade.

4400mhz @ 19 is still very very good. Lot of you would get a nice boost and, on top of that have something to play with.

Traditionally, High speed memory such as this has always been around $200 - 250. $115 is a steal I think. In the past I always wanted 4000mhz memory but never wanted to spend $200 for 16gb.

Check this out -

Last edited:
Isn't there a thing about not being beneficial to run memory speed over 3600 on Ryzen systems?

It runs the FCLK too high and adds latency by not having a 1:1 ratio with the CPU or something correct?

It's been $134.95 on amz for quite a while, I reckon price will fall there next. It's a bit of an older kit.

There's a Teamgroup 2x8 B-Die kit that beats this kit slightly (binned just a bit better) for similar price but I don't have model# handy. I'll edit this post if I dig up the model#.

Very, very few motherboards are going to be cool with simply setting XMP and booting up in 4400Mhz with this kit. If you're new to memory OC then prepare for a learning curve.

Last edited:
It's been $134.95 on amz for quite a while, I reckon price will fall there next. It's a bit of an older kit.

There's a Teamgroup 2x8 B-Die kit that beats this kit slightly (binned just a bit better) for similar price but I don't have model# handy. I'll edit this post if I dig up the model#.

Very, very few motherboards are going to be cool with simply setting XMP and booting up in 4400Mhz with this kit. If you're new to memory OC then prepare for a learning curve.

My Asus Hero VII z490 had zero issues. Lot of the problems people have is they buy cheap bullshit. Asus has always on point for me. A great example of this is that Asus consistently releases new firmwares for all of their motherboards that fix issues along with boosting performance and compatibility including memory. They are literally night and day different that any other motherboard manufacturer out there in this regard.

And no, not really much of a learning curve. No real reason to reinvent the wheel so to speak. Lot of guides out there, even for trash motherboards that will give you a baseline and a good starting point. I had zero experience with this speed of memory and needed associated settings. I found a guide, followed it ( outside of using working XMP profiles on my Asus Motherboard ) and was up and running within minutes. Why you are trying to sour and discourage people from buying this memory is puzzling to me. If I can do it, others can as well. Zero learning curve here. Please, don't do this.

Remember, this is HardOCP .. go hard, or go home. This hardware is never meant to be kept for years, get sweaty with it, push it hard like you would a 440 or 426 Hemi or a hood thot. There is always new exciting hardware on the horizon.

I'm pushing my 10900K @ 5.2ghz all cores @ 1.45v stable. I'll get my memory down to 13's or 14's hopefully. Already at 99% world percentile on most of my rig.

Also, yeah, on the Teamgroup 4400 you mentioned, not a lot of info or reviews out there, I did find some 4500mhz Teamgroup but it's around $225 for 16gb. Reviews on Amazon seem solid however. It's pretty clear who the winner is here considering price point. Save that extra $100 and get a Teamgroup 1tb M.2 SSD like I did. I literally just ordered one tonight that's replacing a 256gb I have.

$115 aint shit, don't act scared or broke lmao.

Last edited:
Isn't there a thing about not being beneficial to run memory speed over 3600 on Ryzen systems?

It runs the FCLK too high and adds latency by not having a 1:1 ratio with the CPU or something correct?

On the new ryzens, apparently tightening the timings and running the infinity fabric OCed as fast as it will go will mitigate, or even slightly exceed, 1:1 settings.

My Asus Hero VII z490 had zero issues. Lot of the problems people have is they buy cheap bullshit. Asus has always on point for me. A great example of this is that Asus consistently releases new firmwares for all of their motherboards that fix issues along with boosting performance and compatibility including memory. They are literally night and day different that any other motherboard manufacturer out there in this regard.

And no, not really much of a learning curve. No real reason to reinvent the wheel so to speak. Lot of guides out there, even for trash motherboards that will give you a baseline and a good starting point. I had zero experience with this speed of memory and needed associated settings. I found a guide, followed it ( outside of using working XMP profiles on my Asus Motherboard ) and was up and running within minutes. Why you are trying to sour and discourage people from buying this memory is puzzling to me. If I can do it, others can as well. Zero learning curve here. Please, don't do this.

Remember, this is HardOCP .. go hard, or go home. This hardware is never meant to be kept for years, get sweaty with it, push it hard like you would a 440 or 426 Hemi or a hood thot. There is always new exciting hardware on the horizon.

I'm pushing my 10900K @ 5.2ghz all cores @ 1.45v stable. I'll get my memory down to 13's or 14's hopefully. Already at 99% world percentile on most of my rig.

Also, yeah, on the Teamgroup 4400 you mentioned, not a lot of info or reviews out there, I did find some 4500mhz Teamgroup but it's around $225 for 16gb. Reviews on Amazon seem solid however. It's pretty clear who the winner is here considering price point. Save that extra $100 and get a Teamgroup 1tb M.2 SSD like I did. I literally just ordered one tonight that's replacing a 256gb I have.

$115 aint shit, don't act scared or broke lmao.

I hope you are aware that not everyone is as rich as you, right? I've been homeless half my life. Don't go around saying that "$115 is nothing" if you've never had to deal with facing starvation or death or other equally bad things. Some of us have to work hard to survive and we are just as entitled to be as HARD as you. We just are a bit more careful with our money.

I hope you are aware that not everyone is as rich as you, right? I've been homeless half my life. Don't go around saying that "$115 is nothing" if you've never had to deal with facing starvation or death or other equally bad things. Some of us have to work hard to survive and we are just as entitled to be as HARD as you. We just are a bit more careful with our money.
Maybe you should try being less entitled about what others are allowed to express? Hypocrite... lol.

Falkentyne

"I hope you are aware that not everyone is as rich as you, right? I've been homeless half my life. Don't go around saying that "$115 is nothing" if you've never had to deal with facing starvation or death or other equally bad things. Some of us have to work hard to survive and we are just as entitled to be as HARD as you. We just are a bit more careful with our money."

Sorry you were homeless. I spent nearly all my childhood in foster care and children's homes because of drunk and drug dependant Mother. CPCH in Denton Texas and Buckner's Childrens home in Garland. Talk about horrible, trust me, I have a story or two to tell you. It was so bad as a kid, several of my friends who were kids were not only homeless but did unspeakable things to survive. I was very lucky to make it off the streets and into a Children's Home. God bless Bobby Anderson who died of HIV / AIDS at 19.

$100 is not rich, not today. Not when a meal at Mc Donalds for one can cost you $12 dollars. I wish you would have taken everything that is currently out there into consideration to put $100 into it's proper perspective. Also, this thread is not the place for your story. If you want to reach out to me, do so privately. Trust me, I can navigate about any situation out there and would be more than willing to make calls to get you help, mentally and financially. You would be shocked at what making phone calls can do for oneself, ones situation.

I don't know if you're at a Library somewhere on a computer or on a street corner using your Obama phone to access these forums but look, maybe take a step back, get help, get a case worker, avoid these forums, and elevate yourself my friend. You sound down on yourself. I hear a lot of pain in your story. I promise you, there is a lot more value in you than what you are currently expressing in yourself. It breaks my heart that someone out there considers $100 as being rich. I want to help you. Please PM me.

For now, let's keep this thread on point. With all things "tech related" in regards to cost, I still stand by what I said, $100 is nothing. However, when someone takes this dollar amount out of context, like you did, yes, $100 would do a lot more for a homeless person than computer memory. Please don't do this again. Again, PM, let's talk. I'm here for you. While homelessness is serious concern for all, your out of the blue comment was very akward and cringe-worthy. I honestly feel your comment was a cry for help, a plea. PM me. Okay?

God bless

Last edited:
Back