HOT ! Various 1TB NVMe with coveted E12 Controller $135 aprox retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sabrent 1TB is $119 with $10 coupon button so $109.98 total for me (with prime). $5 more than a couple months ago I think.

Thanks gentlemen for heads up on coupon.Arrival of Sabrent 1TB from Amazon.Nice packaging and it is single sided.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you find any of the SS 1TB versions, please let me know if you'd be willing to ship one to me. My buddy in Ireland was willing to post me one from Amazon UK but after the £ to $ conversion and shipping, it was going to be within spitting distance of a Samsung 970 EVO. I'm trying to get performance on a budget here! :smuggrin:
Just checked, all 20+ they have on hand of the 1TB are double sided.

Just checked, all 20+ they have on hand of the 1TB are double sided.

Hey, I appreciate you checking and getting back to me.

Sounds like Forsaken1 got a 1TB single-sided from Amazon US so it's promising that they appear to at least be getting them now. I might wait until the price ticks back down (they were about $100 the other day, now $120) and try my luck.

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9...40-1tb-nvme-pcie-gen4-2-ssd-review/index.html
faster and cheaper

9257_07_teamgroup-force-cardea-zero-z440-1tb-nvme-pcie-gen4-2-ssd-review.png

Hey, I appreciate you checking and getting back to me.

Sounds like Forsaken1 got a 1TB single-sided from Amazon US so it's promising that they appear to at least be getting them now. I might wait until the price ticks back down (they were about $100 the other day, now $120) and try my luck.

Just opened mine I ordered late Friday in WI.... single sided 1TB!
May want to see if the coupon code from Dark still works it did Friday night.

Last edited:
Just opened mine I ordered late Friday in WI.... single sided 1TB!
May want to see if the coupon code from Dark still works it did Friday night.

Wooo! Sweet. Which distribution center did your package ship from? Mine usually come from the one in Kentucky.

Also, that drive is only 'faster' when plugged into an X570 board since the speed comes from PCIe 4.0. Plug it into a 3.0 board and you ~might~ get maybe 100MB/sec more.

Has anyone found an ECFM 22.x updater out in the wild?

I'm beginning to think there isn't one because it may require different components than whats on ECFM 12.3 SSDs.

Reactions: erek
like this
I was able to update to ECFM12.3, but how are people getting ECFM22.4 ?

I was able to update to ECFM12.3, but how are people getting ECFM22.4 ?

They most likely bought it brand new and it came with it.

My new Corsair MP510 960GB came with ECFM22.5 and using the corsair toolbox it shows both 12.3 (my older MP510) and 22.5 (new MP510) as the "latest" without any new updates.

I saw an E13T chip somewhere as well, although its 1/2 the speed.

The Sabrent Rocket 1TB is back down to $99.18 on Amazon with coupon code 09FO8U6Q. I finally took the plunge and ordered one.

I bought my in Europe mid October and it was already single sided one.

I think Sabrent hasn't got too big stock and the double sided one is not findable anymore.

But if we look at the specs page on their website it seem that three versions could exists :
- Phison E12 + Toshiba 64L BiCS3 NAND + 1TB DRAM (DS)
- Phison E12 + Toshiba 96L BiCS4 NAND + ? DRAM (as far as I know it should be SS)
- Phison E12S + Micron 96L B27A NAND + 512MB DRAM (SS)

The most common is the first and the last one.

Thanks guys! I'll definitely report back. Hopefully I waited long enough. Was mainly waiting for the $100 price point to come back because I knew it had been there before and didn't want to overpay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back