HOT ! Various 1TB NVMe with coveted E12 Controller $135 aprox retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up one in the Denver store, website said out of stock. Had the guy check and they had some come on the truck today but where not in the system. If you really want one worth a shot to goto store and ask.

Just picked up one in the Denver store, website said out of stock. Had the guy check and they had some come on the truck today but where not in the system. If you really want one worth a shot to goto store and ask.

Yeah this happen a lot here in KC. They can actually keep items out of the system to sell to good customers, customers on a list. They do that for me all the time and I appreciate it. They just set it aside and bypass check in, I THINK ... they did that with a few 2080 ti's when those first started shipping in. Not sure how they do it exactly.

Looks like they are available and stocked in about half the stores right now.

Had a poor experience with Samsung SSD RMA so this is perfect. Grabbing 3 x 1TB @ $134.99/ea and some PCI-E NVMe adapter cards.

Got one shipped for $152

You're going to be very happy.

Here is a welcome guide for those of you moving over to NVMe
How does this thing perform as it fills up?

I don't have the link or even remember where I saw it but this thing performs very well even at 87% full, that's the number I remember reading.

This SSD has a budget price but it's in the same class as a WD Black NVMe or 970 Pro @ 1/3rd the cost. The 970 Pro 1TB is around $350 ... the WD Black 1tb NVMe is around $250. This drive, $135.

This is why everyone here is scrambling to get this drive. It's a game changer.

I wonder if anyone in upper management at Micro Center is noticing sales of this part. Reason why I say this is that there are two Micro Centers within distance of me; they both had piles.. I mean PILES of the older Inland "Professional" SSDs.

Those are based on Phison E8s which were decent but not exactly Samsung killers.

They've gotta be wondering 'why is no one buying the older series.. and why is the new one selling like hotcakes?'

Guess they'll eventually figure it out..

is raid even a good idea for nvme? I know seeing 15GB a second write speeds is boner inducing but is it a good idea to put drives with a limited shelf life on writes into a config where they all get written to all the time?

Anyone know of a decent duel sided heatsink for these? running the stock sink that comes with the motherboard only covers one side. After just one benchmark the SSD hits 75+ and really slows down.

Here is the E P I C powerful and blistering fast (rolleyes!)

128 GB nVME from Inland at Microcenter in my 2600x.

Think I should get the 1tb .. lmfao? hah

upload_2019-3-17_3-31-52.png

Was able to get 2 512GB Premiums for $145 after $5 coupon and a free 32GB USB stick. Put them in RAID 0. Pretty good deal.

raid0.png

Yeah the DMI limits get maxed out by one. or close to it. Makes raid 0 on the mobo pretty much not a bonus. You need a pci card to do nvme raid if I am correct.

Those numbers are incredible ... better than a Samsung 970 Pro .... what are your system specs, motherboard? Etc?

8700k @ 5ghz, 16gb ran @ 3600 cl 17, 1080ti, gigabyte z390 aorus master.

I did some bench marks yesterday and got much worse numbers. I think temp was killing the results. Have a heatsink that claims it will work with duel side SSDs coming this week.

yeah that's what i've been getting with this drive. The performance/speed is not consistent. Benchmarking gives different results wildly while my 970 evo gives consistent results

yeah that's what i've been getting with this drive. The performance/speed is not consistent. Benchmarking gives different results wildly while my 970 evo gives consistent results

My benches are very stable and consistant. I only had different results with my 1st port on my Asus Hero Wifi

Dang, website keeps giving me an error so i cant check out. I don't really need it.. i just want another 1TB NVMe :D

d1c773bf3674703ea465307d43ec0152.png

Can someone try putting the M.2 port driver in MSI mode and then perform DiskMark? And report if it seems to be quicker in use.
This will prevent the IRQ from being shared with any other device. It will use its own software interrupt if MSI mode is allowed.
I already use MSI mode on my NVidia gfx card and find it to be smoother when the gfx card is being maxed out.

On my mobo (Maximus VIII Hero) the M.2 port is shared with:
PCIE 1 x16/x8
PCIE 3 x4
High definition Audio
XHCI (USB 3.0)
Asmedia 1142 USB 3.1
Asmedia Sata 6G
This is why it might be a good idea to use MSI mode.

The MSI tool is here
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-line-based-vs-message-signaled-based-interrupts.378044/
Look for MSI utility v2 and download.

Run as admin and tick what you want to change to MSI mode, click apply.
Reboot.
Run the tool again to check its in MSI mode.
Bench!

(I would test its effect myself but dont have an M.2 drive yet)

8700k @ 5ghz, 16gb ran @ 3600 cl 17, 1080ti, gigabyte z390 aorus master.

I did some bench marks yesterday and got much worse numbers. I think temp was killing the results. Have a heatsink that claims it will work with duel side SSDs coming this week.

Link to that heatsink please.. and let us khow it works out.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought 1 $150 shipped, will post benches once I get it setup. Much better option to the 660p that I was debating. Thanks OP!

Apparently Microcenter doesn't want my money :(

1. Unable to verify billing address.

My only concern is what height the connector is.
Please Note: This cooler will only work with 4.2mm and some 3.2mm height SMT Connector (M.2 port). 2.25mm height SMT connectors will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back