HOT ! Various 1TB NVMe with coveted E12 Controller $135 aprox retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get a 2TB version of either an E12-based drive or whatever else can be had at a good deal, but I'm disappointed I missed the low point in pricing, as prices do seem to be trending up.

You’re not doing yourself any favors with your perpetual condescension. It seems to me like you’re quite insecure in this feeble attempt at self-validation.

Look, I'm not here to do myself any favors. You got that right, the only favors I care about .. are for you. the general public. At the end of the day, like it or not, my goal has always been to save people money by educating them. You don't have to agree with me or my methods and that's okay. I can be condescending at times and sarcastic. but not typically. It's the cost of doing business. Some people get it, and some just don't like heavy-handed / pushy comments laced with sarcasm and or condescending remarks in order to inject their logic into the conversation where I tell people, hey, maybe do that differently and you can save money. You just have to trust that I do it out of love. I'm very unfair in my approach. I am just not the type of guy that cares about negative feedback. I have a message, I put it out there, end of story. Any snap backs, jabs are just going to be missed on a guy like me. You have to understan that about me. My mindset is a one way door. I also actually encourage people to get a second opinion as well.

Last edited:
I’ve bought Samsung because of their 5 year warranty on all their SSDs, 10 years for the Pros, which have paid for themselves 10 times over. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
I never had a SSD go bad. I got one that is almost 8 years old still kicking. Sure there a use case for higher end drives when used as scratch disks but for general use it doesn't matter.

I never had a SSD go bad. I got one that is almost 8 years old still kicking. Sure there a use case for higher end drives when used as scratch disks but for general use it doesn't matter.
Just because you haven’t had one go bad doesn’t mean they don’t go bad. And making a generalized statement based on that isn’t helpful.

Just because you haven’t had one go bad doesn’t mean they don’t go bad. And making a generalized statement based on that isn’t helpful.
Honestly never heard many people complain about SSD life. Outside of the old OCZ drives. Mostly just people fussing about life expectancy.

Are there any drives that maintain full speed when copying over 60GB or about videos around? Maybe even in 2TB size?

I want to get a 2TB version of either an E12-based drive or whatever else can be had at a good deal, but I'm disappointed I missed the low point in pricing, as prices do seem to be trending up.

I keep trying to get this discussion back on track. Can y'all stop arguing?

So I ended up with the Inland Premium 2TB for $249. As I see it, prices will only go up in the near future due to Coronavirus. It has the E12S, but no utility for firmware upgrading. Anybody figure out how to upgrade the firmware?

Last edited:
I keep trying to get this discussion back on track. Can y'all stop arguing?

Yes, please just stop already.

back to topic, it's been kinda crazy to see how people were waiting for nvme 2tb drives to go down to $100 before they bought one, I'm just glad I got a couple of the 1TB 660p Intel drives for $85 and a couple of the Inland 1TB for $100

Is that a coveted controller? I'm starting to look for a 1Tb M.2 but not in a rush yet...

Thanks for the reply. Windows 10 pro build 1803,Cpu 1800x@4ghz, asus crosshair vi herolatest bios, 32gb ddr4 3000, slot1 pcie16x3.0 has 2080 ti, running at 8x 3.0,asus hyper kit m2 ssd adapter 970pro 512gb in slot 3 @4x 3.0pcie. M.2 onboard slot had the inland hdd but now has 960pro. I read the mobo manual all is correct. Only the inland gets half the bandwidth not the samsungs which is odd. I restarted a bunch of times cause i had to swap m.2 ssds.

Other M2 ( non Samsung) were found to run slower at launch on CHVI. Possible that’s still the case

SP 1tb is down to $130
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07L6GF81L/ref=twister_B07K7KX8VR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I scored a "refurb" 1tb samsung evo plus for $160 from Best Buy. These are just customer returns but I bought two and will return one after I check the hours used on them.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...ith-v-nand-technology/6351466.p?skuId=6351466
How much of a leap is the 960 vs the 970. I've had great great luck with the samsung drives, I think I have about 6+ drives still chugging along, one as old as 2012 (840 pro). Looking to get a samsung nvme drive now for a much needed new build.

How much of a leap is the 960 vs the 970. I've had great great luck with the samsung drives, I think I have about 6+ drives still chugging along, one as old as 2012 (840 pro). Looking to get a samsung nvme drive now for a much needed new build.

I couldnt tell you since this is my first nvme purchase. Price was just too good in comparison to the e12 drives.

I have an inland I paid 90 for back when prices were low. I am NOT cooling my nand at all. Only the drives cpu is coupled to a thermal pad.

These are ultra fast drives.

I ended up pulling the trigger on a 970 evo on amazon. planning to use it as the OS drive.

I just looked at the price on that, $219 ? Holy shiiiiiiit. With tax, $240ish?

I think you can get a 2TB E12 NVMe for that. Same speeds.

Anyways, enjoy your new SSD.

I just looked at the price on that, $219 ? Holy shiiiiiiit. With tax, $240ish?

I think you can get a 2TB E12 NVMe for that. Same speeds.

Anyways, enjoy your new SSD.
Its about $195 after tax. Gotta put on big boy pants and not be so cheap. That's only my OS drive, I just got a 2tb Aorus drive from here too.

Looks like it’s time to close thread as it has gone, way off topic.

This tread is of great value to the community. For you to just waltz in and suggest everyone's hard work basically be deleted is extremely irresponsible to this community. It's saved of people a lot of money and has also helped to educate people as well. You just don't close the 3rd or 4th largest thread in the history of HardOCP because of a few bad apples. Why don't you and the few people that liked your comment reach out to the forum mods, give them names and lets get those people warnings? HardOCP's traffic is way down, it's dying a slow death. You're literally suggesting putting another nail in the HardOCP coffin. From the numbers I'm looking at, traffic is down 14% almost 15% vs last year this time. That's not exactly a fire you want to add fuel to. Let's preserve this tread and single out, target the bad apples and get them warnings. Please, don't make any more suggestions.

Last edited:
This tread is of great value to the community. For you to just waltz in and suggest everyone's hard work basically be deleted is extremely irresponsible to this community. It's saved of people a lot of money and has also helped to educate people as well. You just don't close the 3rd or 4th largest thread in the history of HardOCP because of a few bad apples. Why don't you and the few people that liked your comment reach out to the forum mods, give them names and lets get those people warnings? HardOCP's traffic is way down, it's dying a slow death. You're literally suggesting putting another nail in the HardOCP coffin. From the numbers I'm looking at, traffic is down 14% almost 15% vs last year this time. That's not exactly a fire you want to add fuel to. Let's preserve this tread and single out, target the bad apples and get them warnings. Please, don't make any more suggestions.
Someone has no idea of forum traffic. It's actually up ;). He didn't say delete he said close. Enough chestbeating please. That's a month old post you replied to, and this isn't the "biggest thread evar". It is obvious you bumped it by replying to the month old post to keep it up top, not any real concern. However I will take your advice and report the thread as it has gone wildly off topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back