HOT ! Various 1TB NVMe with coveted E12 Controller $135 aprox retail

xx0xx

Gawd
The pressure finally got to me. I gave in and got the 512GB version and an external enclosure.
I won't get absolutely full speed but it's going to become my iMac boot drive and is going to have much better 4K QD1 I/O performance.

My current 256GB SATA-based SSD (MX100) struggles a bit on writes, especially on small files. I feel like it's noticeable in the OS now.
Letting it idle and garbage collect helped, but I figure why not upgrade both protocol and capacity, especially at this price.

The MX100 is still in great condition though, and it has lasted me over 5 years now. It will become a drive for a USFF system probably.

Edit: never fails, every single time I order Amazon shipments it rains. I should become a meteorologist

Last edited:

radeon962

[H]ard|Gawd
Dropped the Crucial MX500 in my Intel NUC 8i3bek and installed Windows 10 with no issues.

not sure if it was a faulty Inland SSD or just an issue with the NUC and NVMe drive but don’t feel like messing around with it anymore so the Inland is on its way back to Amazon

DooLocsta

[H]ard|Gawd
Sabrent version is under $100 on Amazon today. I have been running the Sabrent for a few months with no issues.

Ranulfo

[H]ard|Gawd
The Sabrent 1TB is $119 with $10 coupon button so $109.98 total for me (with prime). $5 more than a couple months ago I think.

Forsaken1

Limp Gawd
Thanks gentlemen for heads up on coupon.Arrival of Sabrent 1TB from Amazon.Nice packaging and it is single sided.

1911Shootist

[H]ard|Gawd
If you find any of the SS 1TB versions, please let me know if you'd be willing to ship one to me. My buddy in Ireland was willing to post me one from Amazon UK but after the £ to $ conversion and shipping, it was going to be within spitting distance of a Samsung 970 EVO. I'm trying to get performance on a budget here! :smuggrin:
Just checked, all 20+ they have on hand of the 1TB are double sided.

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
Just checked, all 20+ they have on hand of the 1TB are double sided.
Hey, I appreciate you checking and getting back to me.

Sounds like Forsaken1 got a 1TB single-sided from Amazon US so it's promising that they appear to at least be getting them now. I might wait until the price ticks back down (they were about $100 the other day, now $120) and try my luck.

Carmmond

n00b
Hey, I appreciate you checking and getting back to me.

Sounds like Forsaken1 got a 1TB single-sided from Amazon US so it's promising that they appear to at least be getting them now. I might wait until the price ticks back down (they were about $100 the other day, now $120) and try my luck.
Just opened mine I ordered late Friday in WI.... single sided 1TB!
May want to see if the coupon code from Dark still works it did Friday night.

Last edited:

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
Just opened mine I ordered late Friday in WI.... single sided 1TB!
May want to see if the coupon code from Dark still works it did Friday night.
Wooo! Sweet. Which distribution center did your package ship from? Mine usually come from the one in Kentucky.

Destruya

Limp Gawd
Also, that drive is only 'faster' when plugged into an X570 board since the speed comes from PCIe 4.0. Plug it into a 3.0 board and you ~might~ get maybe 100MB/sec more.

Has anyone found an ECFM 22.x updater out in the wild?

I'm beginning to think there isn't one because it may require different components than whats on ECFM 12.3 SSDs.

SixFootDuo

[H]ardness Supreme
Reactions: erek
like this

erek

[H]ardness Supreme
I was able to update to ECFM12.3, but how are people getting ECFM22.4 ?

UZ7

Limp Gawd
I was able to update to ECFM12.3, but how are people getting ECFM22.4 ?
They most likely bought it brand new and it came with it.

My new Corsair MP510 960GB came with ECFM22.5 and using the corsair toolbox it shows both 12.3 (my older MP510) and 22.5 (new MP510) as the "latest" without any new updates.

Nenu

[H]ardened
I saw an E13T chip somewhere as well, although its 1/2 the speed.