{HOT} Thermaltake 500w PSU $15

Dang, could have used a cheap backup for a few of my network PCs.

I think i had one along time ago lasted about 1 yr had a 1 yr warranty on it was about 50 bucks at that time........never again

90 day warranty on these from woot, not thermaltake. And the warranty terms require you to send in the original item on your dime, so pretty much no warranty.

Sounds like woot got a pallet of these fof $3/ea and turned them around for a quick buck with a little doa assurance by offering 90 days. Now, the curious part will be if one calls Thermaltake about the warranty, if they will simply honor the original warranty (whatever that originally was).

90 day warranty on these from woot, not thermaltake. And the warranty terms require you to send in the original item on your dime, so pretty much no warranty.

Sounds like woot got a pallet of these fof $3/ea and turned them around for a quick buck with a little doa assurance by offering 90 days. Now, the curious part will be if one calls Thermaltake about the warranty, if they will simply honor the original warranty (whatever that originally was).

I feel that since Woot was bought by Amazon, they have mainly been an outlet for crap that they can't or don't want to sell on Amazon. Most of the items on their site are "refurbished". Where do you think all of these "refurbished" items come from? They are Amazon returns that didn't meet the criteria to be put back up on Amazon (too badly damaged, etc).

I think i had one along time ago lasted about 1 yr had a 1 yr warranty on it was about 50 bucks at that time........never again

Had one of what exactly? Thermaltake has come out with countless PSUs from many different OEMs over the years spanning the entire spectrum of price and quality.

shit...missed out, needed a spare psu for testing purposes. sad panda.

I actually had one of these, not bad at all for the price honestly. Used a few for some budget builds for some people in the past. Still working from what I know. If you got one for 15, honestly damn good deal.

A wiseman once said, the only thermaltake power supplies you can trust are the tough power series.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
lol. It's not as bad as you guys make it out to be honestly....For just a spare psu for post tests, and powering something for a quick moment, does the job. Now would I use it as my main system psu?...hell no. I only use seasonic platinum psu's . But for 15 bucks, it can serve a purpose =P.

I've got one of these smart power series in my VR / racing rig already. Think I paid $50 for a 600w(?) , Been going just fine for the last 2 years

I have like 6 power supplies still new in box from last year's deals lol.
Best to at least pull them out and test in case one of them lets out a blue genie that grants your wish of a free upgrade under warranty. ;)

Back