[HOT] The Crew will be free starting Sep. 14 until Oct. 14 on UPlay.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
Hey all, just giving a early heads-up in case you were thinking of purchasing the game. The game is super super fun, and if you have a friend to play it with that's the best. Doing everything with a friend is great fun... even just driving from one side of the country to the other. It's a great driving game and has a awesome variety of locations, environments, and events such as drift, drag, circuit, monster trucks, dirt biking, regular motorcycles, and all kinds of cool shit to do as well as regular events called Summits.

Anyway, Ubisoft has been giving away free games every month and I actually don't have any complaints against UPlay anymore. The desktop app is very intuitive, simple, and easy to use honestly. Pick it up if you want.

Cheers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/08/get-the-crew-free-on-pc-next-week

Last edited:
Sun of a beach! I just bought this game for my son! This game is AWESOME!! I love is soooo much more then NFS, the open world to me is much better, with real like in world locations, and its so vast!

Isn't The Crew a relatively new game?
A tad surprised that it's being released for free.

Thanks zm. Guess Ubi is following suit with EA (*free* on the house games). Rayman origins is free on uplay right now.
The current free Origin game is Nox.

I think Xbox gave it away free with Xbox Live so it is no surprise that it is being offered as a freebie.
Thanks, I'll download it.

Isn't The Crew a relatively new game?
A tad surprised that it's being released for free.

Moderately new I guess, we're fast approaching two years since the initial release (and there was an open beta before that IIRC). The freebie might have something to do with the game having mixed reviews, and from what I've heard you're pelted with microtransactions if you want to get anywhere.

Still, it's a free game - hard to complain about that even on UPlay.

Probably being released free so you grab the old DLC and the new DLC that's coming out soon.

Haven't heard too many good things in general but the price is right so I'll give it a try.

Thanks OP, I'm really into racing games, I wouldn't have bought this due to the mixed reviews. But it doesn't look bad for free. Got it.

This game is a blast. Thanks OP. I had some issues getting the game to load. Not allowing the "The Crew Install Helper" to make changes allowed the game to run.

I got this free with my GPU I purchased a couple years back. I thought it was fun. Used a Xbox360 Controller.

It's actually not bad after about an hour of play...Definitely worth free! :) Thanks O.P.

I finally got it installed last night. I don't know; I'm just not enthused with the direction of racing/driving games. I just want to be able to pick a race and race it, not set waypoints, find barns, find shops, customize this, buy that, etc. I miss the old days of Need for Speed. Even NFS isn't NFS any more.

Sick of all the buy The Crew Wild Run crap it keeps throwing at me. It literally had me select no 6 times in a row before the game started.

i have over 220+ hours into this game. I paid full price and picked up the DLC. It was worth it to me. After you finish the story, there isn't much other then maxing our your cars and racing with other players. Its a great couch game.

If I download it does the game stop working after Oct 14th or does that mean people just can't continue to download it for free after the 14th?

Hate to necro this thread.

I've put a dozen hours into this release. I am not so sure this was equivalent to the retail release. When you try to enter drift events and others, it prompts you to buy Wild Run for $25. Maybe this was a retooled free to play version.

Hate to necro this thread.

I've put a dozen hours into this release. I am not so sure this was equivalent to the retail release. When you try to enter drift events and others, it prompts you to buy Wild Run for $25. Maybe this was a retooled free to play version.

Wild Run was the DLC. You need it to be able to play all the events that have been added. There's another DLC coming out shortly thats going to add even more stuff you can't do unless you buy it.

Wild Run was the DLC. You need it to be able to play all the events that have been added. There's another DLC coming out shortly thats going to add even more stuff you can't do unless you buy it.
Thanks for clearing it up.
The game is fun but I disagree with most people who say it is only fun when you play online.
Online is pretty bad since the cars are so mismatched (you can tone them down to be equals but I am not sure that 300 is equal to a car of 300 if you are not at the same level).
The mechanics and engine of the game is pretty impressive.

Well, not all cars are created equal. I have a 2011 Mustang GT and an R34 Skyline in that game (same level) , and while not a night-and-day difference, they do not feel the same on the road.

Back