HOT: Star Trek TNG and DS9 full series collections for $314 each at DDD.

Awesome deal. If I didn't own them both already, I'd be all over this.

DS9 is my favorite Trek and its long story arcs (esp in the last few seasons), were made for DVD viewing.

Highly recommend buying it if you haven't done so already. TNG is worth it too, though I felt it started losing steam in the season or so (but damn if the last Episode isn't the best Trek episode ever made).

Kevin

Deep Space Nine is going for $818.99 over at Amazon right now, so VERY HOT deal.

Thats a pretty nice deal...good thing they play TNG three times a day and DS9 two :D (On Spike tv)

$314 for TNG is a pretty good deal, but Paramount just re-released TNG and is normally selling for around $350 now.
but it is a good savings and i might have to jump on it!

Northerner said:
$314 for TNG is a pretty good deal, but Paramount just re-released TNG and is normally selling for around $350 now.
but it is a good savings and i might have to jump on it!

Re-released? You mean they updated the DVDs? With what?

alpha202ej said:
Thats a pretty nice deal...good thing they play TNG three times a day and DS9 two :D (On Spike tv)

PVR for the win! ;)

Awesome deal if they are legit.

Deep discount dvd is 100% legit.

I actually ordered this set and its sitting on my bedroom floor.

If you skip it because you think they are bootlegs then you are a moron.

:D

Wow, thanks for the info, blucadet. I now change my opinion that this deal is very [H]ot. Too bad I don't have the coin for this, but I will be checking the DDD site first for any DVD sets I want to buy in the future.

My set shipped already, quite surprised. I opted for UPS 2Day, and I'm being given an ETA of 2/26. Which has to be a mistake since that's a Sunday. But we'll see.

I bought the DS9 Series and yes they pretty much go for 80-100+ dollars a season unless you find used or cloned copies.

This is a very good deal I almost bought the TNG set too but DS9 = fave.

milktoast said:
I agree. This just sounds too good to be true. Here is a link to a foreign manufactured boxed set. http://www.scifiboxsets.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=32 It is cheaper too, but I think I will pass either way.

Deep DiscountDVD (and they're sister site deepdiscountcd.com) are completely legit, and they don't sell grey market or bootlegs DVDs.

They aren't always the cheapest site on the web, but they frequently are.

You can buy from them with confidence. If you live in IL, then you have to pay tax, but probalby get very fast shipping.

Buy with confidence.

Are they planning to release updated DS9 and TNG DVDs or something? That price is unreal, I'd just on it in a second if I didn't worry about a NEW updated set coming out soon.

Reseller ratings is a joke...I put about as much faith in them as I do amazon reviews.

The customer is not always right. Most of the morons on reseller ratings dont know what they are talking about.

I've bought hundreds of dollars in merchandise from deepdiscountdvd.com. I spent about 300 over the course of thier last 20% off sale and I bought the Next Generation set at the end of january. They price match any other advertised price online and I've never had any problems with them.

The sets are the retail sets that you see at your local best buy or walmart. The complete set is just all of the regular season boxes put in a carton and shrinkwrapped together. These are the sets as they were originally released, nothing new or different except the more affordable price point.

If you want to not order because you are afraid thats your loss, but quit trying to scare people off of ordering something from a site you have no direct experience with.

saarbruck said:
I was very tempted by this offer, but a 6-month rating of 4.2 changed my mind.
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1390-p2-s1-d1.html#reviews

Besides, Amazon has the first 3 seasons for $56 each, which is much better than the $100+ they usually go for.

Ignore this post/reseller rating. Deepdiscount is a great company and highly recommended.

I'm gonna bet most a whining that it took a long time to get their stuff. If you want it fast, pay for better shipping. I'm personally willing to wait on DVDs if the savings is significant.

Bottom line is that I've always gotten what I ordered in a reasonable amount of time.

When it comes to CDs and DVDs, deepdiscountdvd.com and deepdiscountcd.com are every bit as reliable as Amazon.com.

Yea you never know what you are getting through amazon either if you go the used route. So far Amazon and DDDVD haven't proved to me they suck :).

can someone tell me why this is so cheap then????

should I take the hit now??

tng is worth it..

I like ds9.... but is it worth the money.. :confused:

DS9 was the best Star Trek. Just most people wont admit it.

Sure TNG was overall the best espically compared to TOS, however DS9 had the war and the best characters <3 and th best ship batttles !

I just ordered tng... that product is out of stock though.. when they get it.. they will still charge me the same price rights?? :confused:

Its cheap because deepdiscountdvd rules!

You'll get it as soon as its in stock. They honor the price you ordered at just like everywhere else.

They even send you an email to tell you when it ships :D

Hmm, I haven't seen many of DS9, might have to hit. But damn do I love Picard(He by far is the coolest Frenchman ever) Data pwns too, damn I want an android =\

:D

DeepSpaceNine.jpg

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
Hmm, I haven't seen many of DS9, might have to hit. But damn do I love Picard(He by far is the coolest Frenchman ever) Data pwns too, damn I want an android =\

I like TNG a lot. I own all the 7 Seasons, but DS9 has incredible writing from beginning to end (well maybe not the last 30 minutes of the last episode). The characters go through many changes throughout the series, and even minor characters like Rhom have fully developed fleshed out back stories. When the series built up a full head of steam and started the longer story arcs, they actually built them on little tiny parts of older stories. As a result, when you go back and watch the first 2 or 3 seasons, you realize that the BIG STORY was built on those early episodes. Certainly you could start out with season 3 or 4, but IMO, by the time DS9 started it's second season and TNG was on it's last (in the fall of 1993), DS9 was the best Trek on TV.

That's not because DS9 was at it's best, but it was better, and TNG was running out of gas.

But once Ronald Moore came on board to write and Steven Ira Behr became Exec Producer in 1994, DS9 became the best Star Trek ever.

If you like Battle Star on Sci Fi, you'll like DS9. If you don't, then maybe it's not for you. LIke BSG, the characters are not good guys and bad guys. Characters are various shades of gray.

IMO, DS9 was made to watch on DVD, especially in later years, where story arcs sometimes lasted 5 or 6 hours.

Back