[hot] Shell Shocker Antec Neo Eco 520w (Seasonic) $35 @ Newegg 10am-1pm PST

requiem99

Supreme [H]ardness
It'll be on the front page of http://www.newegg.com @ 10am PST. According to newsletter email no rebate or coupon code required.

Review here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=317192

Deal is not live yet of course, but prepare yourself early because it'll probably sell out quickly like it did the last few times it went on such a good sale. I'm picking up another one of these for a media build I've been planning (this will be my third I've purchased for personal use, all still work, never a single issue). Great, great power supply.

Have been putting together a home server and am currently using an old OCZ psu that'd been in my girlfriends rig until recently.

I...just might be tempted enough to grab one of these to use instead.

Was just coming to make sure this was posted. I got one last time they went on this price. This is a great deal on an excellent PSU. Just remember you have to supply the cord.

I don't know why but I just bought one. I've got a Corsair cx400 sitting at home, but I'm a pushover for a good deal on a seasonic psu.

I have this PSU and it's not as quiet under high load as I'd have thought (or liked). It's much louder than my GTX470 when under heavy load. Much louder than the ancient Antec Truepower (2.0?) that it replaced. System in sig, processor is oc'd to 3.7 turbo at stock voltage. It's a good value for a low power draw system. Maybe I have a bad unit, but I thought these PSUs were supposed to be fairly quiet.

I have this PSU and it's not as quiet under high load as I'd have thought (or liked). It's much louder than my GTX470 when under heavy load. Much louder than the ancient Antec Truepower (2.0?) that it replaced. System in sig, processor is oc'd to 3.7 turbo at stock voltage. It's a good value for a low power draw system. Maybe I have a bad unit, but I thought these PSUs were supposed to be fairly quiet.

Mine aren't nearly as loud as a GTX 470 under load. Not even in the same league.

thanks op. got one for a spare or a possible htpc build in the future...

Ordered two of them for a couple projects I have going on. :)

I'll be pushing an Atom D525 and a Q9650 so these should be silent or nearly so...

Just ordered one... I've got a couple "spare" PCs which were without power supplies.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be real noisy - I won't be putting a heavy load on it maybe that will help.

Had to hold myself to just 1 for this deal since I still have a spare Neo Eco 620w in storage to back up my gaming rigs (which use the sig XFX 750 and my wife's uses a Neo Eco 620w). Great line of power supplies.

Got one for my new 2P rig. The two I bought this time last year are still going strong in my file/vm server and a friend's rig. :D

grabbing this... may use it in my next build if I build from scratch. Otherwise will replace my Earthwatts 380 with this guy once I get some more demanding components(like a 6950, and 3 more hard drives, and 16 gb of ram)

In for one because....well, why not!? :D

In honesty, I'm potentially downgrading my full wc gaming pc to something a little more tame. And I'll probably be putting in a custom case. Another heavily modded gateway case! :eek:

I'd say this is a great deal for someone who needs a modest PSU. You can't beat the efficiency of a Seasonic, which this apparently is (rebadged as Antec). :cool:

I'd say better than modest. Rated at 40A for the 12V line.

example in the review above was able to deliver ~48A before it went out of spec.
Well, I said modest b/c I wonder how well it'd do for SLI or Crossfire cards of something somewhat recent and powerful.

I noticed that Newegg was pimping a combo deal for this PSU w/ an Antec case, which seemed like a pretty good deal.

To the guy that said his was noisy:

"Quiet Operation
The silent 120mm dual-ball-bearing fan delivers high efficient cooling and ensures quiet operation through fan speed adjustments in response to loading conditions. "

And the reviews I read from buyers on Newegg called it "silent". Maybe you got one with a bad fan on it? Do you have an older version which doesn't have the 120mm fan?

then your psu is defective as most people, including myself, find it to be about as silent as possible. I cannot hear mine at all and had to lift up the case to see if the fan on it was even running. and I am sorry but there is not a properly working power supply in the world that would be louder than a gtx470.

and as usual everything goes on sale after I buy it...

then your psu is defective as most people, including myself, find it to be about as silent as possible. I cannot hear mine at all and had to lift up the case to see if the fan on it was even running. and I am sorry but there is not a properly working power supply in the world that would be louder than a gtx470.

Agreed

I have the 620W and it may be the quietest thing in my case. The only noticeable noise comes from 120mm fans running at 1200rpm or less, and that's only if I'm listening for them.

Back