[Hot] Sennheiser HD595 for $120 on Amazon

Amazon has the Sennheiser HD595's for $120.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001FTVE0/

Just hopped on this and got one for $84 (gift card + one-day shipping through Prime). I believe the cheapest they've been on Amazon is $110, but that was a Lightning Deal situation.

DEAD.
Price is $140 now.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon has the Sennheiser HD595's for $120.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001FTVE0/

Just hopped on this and got one for $84 (gift card + one-day shipping through Prime). I believe the cheapest they've been on Amazon is $110, but that was a Lightning Deal situation.

nope they had them for $100 even around Christmas, that's when I got my set, but this is much cheaper than normal!

Now this is what I'm talking about. The cheapest I've ever seen them was ~$115, good find. Best find to Archaea ^^^ :).

Are these any good? I've been needing new headphones, these iPod headphones aren't cutting it anymore.

sooo many good deals on open headphones lately. now if you can find me some DT 770's for $120 i'd be set :p

Are these any good? I've been needing new headphones, these iPod headphones aren't cutting it anymore.

coming from iPod earbuds, damn near anything will sound fantastic :)

sooo many good deals on open headphones lately. now if you can find me some DT 770's for $120 i'd be set :p

coming from iPod earbuds, damn near anything will sound fantastic :)
Don't you get used to it and then your standards get so high that cheaper headphones start sounding terrible?

Don't you get used to it and then your standards get so high that cheaper headphones start sounding terrible?

Usually you become aware of your own tastes, though "cheaper headphones" could mean different things to different people.

posted this in the last 595 thread but the mod is really easy. its a noticeable difference, widens the soundstage.. if you dont want to spend as much money, buy the 555s

how do these compare to Beats by Dr. Dre Studio series?

Apples and oranges.

This one is priced nicely, the Beats are way overpriced.

This one has a nice airy sound, more natural bass, and is open. (leak sound)

The Beats overall sound signature will be boomier sounding, bigger bass, but sacrifices the rest of the frequency and is closed design (leak less sound)

If you want a set of headphone with the bass impact/extension of the Beats, without killing the midrange/highs, while not being super overpriced look into these:

Ultrasone HFI-780, Denon AH-D2000, Ultrasone Pro 900. They should all outperform the Beats handily.

how do these compare to Beats by Dr. Dre Studio series?

if this were head-fi.org this thread would be going ape shit right now :p. as has been said, beats are overpriced and boomy. that's not to say that you wouldn't prefer them over the 595's, just something to consider.

Just got my pair. They're REALLY comfortable and they sound great, but I think it's dumb how Sennheiser includes a hard adapter or whatever. Had to buy a soft one (basically, 1/8 male-> wire -> 1/4 female) so that I don't damage my headphone jacks.

mod isnt %100 true, there are other factors in the headphones, for him to claim they sound the same is based on his own preference, you really think a simpy piece of foam is all they did to sperate those 2 models?

hello, the foam is very dense and designed to dampen the sound. it fucks up the soundstage and absorbs bass. the drivers in the 555s are the same ones used in the 595s. have you taken the 555s apart? i have. this mod works

my foam modded 555s sound great, can highly recommend them and the 595s.

hello, the foam is very dense and designed to dampen the sound. it fucks up the soundstage and absorbs bass. the drivers in the 555s are the same ones used in the 595s. have you taken the 555s apart? i have. this mod works

So other factors besides the driver, plastics used,casing, cable quality et cetera could not play any factor in the over all sounds.

By all mens i would love to see a more professional review and test of this because i know people who could go from ipod ear buds to a set of 595's and not tell the difference.

So other factors besides the driver, plastics used,casing, cable quality et cetera could not play any factor in the over all sounds.

By all mens i would love to see a more professional review and test of this because i know people who could go from ipod ear buds to a set of 595's and not tell the difference.
Is the source material <=96kb MP3? Have these people actually A/B'd 595's and ipod buds? If they have, are they clinically deaf?

People tend to forget just because we're all human we perceive things all the same. Something like sound and taste of music, is all objective to each individual. IMO, MY opinion. If someone could be satisfied with iPhone buds (or any iPod product) is probably not on the level of a "audiophile". (Again, my own objective opinion on the matter). So I highly doubt they'd notice a difference as they bump whatever popular pop song on the radio at the time.

This can be applied to monitors. Obviously there's MILLIONS that don't care about having a TN panel. But if you've ever worked with programs that require color accuracy, your eye starts to get trained. Sometimes its very noticeable different between panels, because of lighting, etc etc.

So just keep in mind with a mod like this, its going to obviously vary from each individual. The fact of the matter though is you research into it. They're using the same drivers, so besides cosmetics, they're the same. So the foam is added to make them "feel/sound" of less quality to justify a higher cost product. This is no different from a PC Monitor using the same panel and different casings. Or AMD/Intel selling a Processor underclocked at a lower cost.

With that in mind, you could argue maybe the drivers they stick in the 555s maybe didn't meet the higher end standards they had set for the 595s.

Regardless, both are great sets of headphones. Do the mod or don't do the mod, up to you to believe it....

Believe it! xD

Not to mention the Grado SR series of headphones uses the same drivers across the board (besides 325?) and they sound different due to the processing or whatever they do on the drivers.

They're using the same drivers, so besides cosmetics, they're the same.
With that in mind, you could argue maybe the drivers they stick in the 555s maybe didn't meet the higher end standards they had set for the 595s.

yeah, they arent matched in 555s. 595s are matched.

i know people who could go from ipod ear buds to a set of 595's and not tell the difference.

i know stupid people too :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvQ8PzBrHXE

From the comments:
sennheiserofficial
In the vid you highlighted the mod to bring the sound quality of the HD 555 closer to the HD 595's. To this, we'd like to share with you that there are other factors such as varied kinds and qualities of materials, different processes, as well as design and finish differences to separate these two products and their intended sound images.

Nevertheless, we note and thank you for your interest in our products. Should you have&#65279; any other queries, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

yeah, they arent matched in 555s. 595s are matched.

i know stupid people too :D

i think we all know too many of those, but to be honest some people just think that say ipod earbuds are good enough,, i did get one friend to buy the 595's after he used mine for a week, he thought that how could the sound get better, he had good headset, a cheap $20 logitech something, he creamed himself after using my 595's for a week and me sending him some FLAC audio, he was shocked!

*cough* bullshit *cough*

Why? amazing that you seem to know their manufacturing process better than they do, now not to say that isnt just marketing BS, but maybe it isnt, none of us know for sure and unless a true audiophile does real tests, it is all just speculation and personal opinion on how true the mod is.

it's the way it goes when it comes to audio; you don't know what you're missing until you've heard something better...then there's no going back.

I would buy, but my headphones always go kaput after the 1 year mark. I don't want to chance an expensive paperweight!

The Senns have replaceable cables, which run maybe 20 bucks (I don't remember). I've replaced them on my 580s about 4 times, having gotten them in 2005. (I ran over them with my office chair too many times)

Why? amazing that you seem to know their manufacturing process better than they do, now not to say that isnt just marketing BS, but maybe it isnt, none of us know for sure and unless a true audiophile does real tests, it is all just speculation and personal opinion on how true the mod is.

You buy Bose stuff, don't you?

I got mine in last week. First "hi-fi" pair of cans I've ever purchased.

truly amazing quality and a whole new experience in listening. Try Beethoven's 9th on this (wear a diaper).

You buy Bose stuff, don't you?

No, i don't, and what relevancy does that have to what i said.

i own Senn 595's i got 3 years ago and i love them.

Again how is it you know how they make the headphones from start to end...

Mate, quit trying to over complicate this. We're talking about a device that's assembled by teenage laborers in China from parts/assemblies that number no higher than can be counted using one's own fingers or documented in a 3 minute YouTube video... not a Ferrari.

I paid significantly more for my 595s than they're going for now, just as you probably did, but I have no problem embracing the news that they're identical to a significantly cheaper sibling sans a piece of tape... because it's funny.

Back