HOT - Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB $79.99 Free Shipping (no rebate!)

You're the man! In for 3 to join the one I already own for a badass Raid 0 array

Last edited:
Is there a way to get this coupon to work on 2 in the same order? I can't seem to get it to apply to both only one.

this thing have a bricking issue like my 1TB? Once my TB got full it bricked itself - firmware issue i had to send it to data recovery...

Doh...I just paid $119.00 for one of these a week ago....

Yea I will have to make 2 orders. $85.40 with tax.

i'd think that these are the newer revision by now.

I hope so I have not been happy with seagate lately. In fact as I was replying ups just rang with a second rma on the same barracuda.

Picked up 2 last week, in for 1 more today! The circle is complete! Holy trinity! :D

Thanks OP!

BTW... Here's something to whet yer appetites:

Seagate15TB2DriveRaid0ShortStrokedA.jpg

This is a raid 0 array of two short stroked drives (300GB/each)

They shipped me two drives labled with CC1H for the firmware, drives produced with this firmware apparently don't have issues, I've been running these drives for a week so far and no death clicks (finger's crossed), either way I'll be able to raid 5 now that I'll have 3 drives.

My wallet hates you.

I can't attribute the one 1.5TB drive death I've had to anything but TigerDirect packaging. They literally just put five of them in thin plastic slips and put them in a big box.

how long before this is a dead deal???..............................

I placed one order, but can I use the coupon again or do I have to make a new account to use it again?

Are these things faster than RaptorX's in raid?

Not really in random seeks, but they're fast in throughput, sequential read/writes. Basically I believe I can saturate the SATA 2 interface with three of these suckers in Raid 0. The picture I have above shows 2 drives on an i7, X58, ICH10.

this is just what I wanted, but I'm having trouble justifying spending the money. argh

Looks like it won't let me use it a second time. Oh well one is good for now till the next deal comes along :)

Doh I hope it wasn't a mistake, but it might just have been a coupon with a set number of uses.

Dead. Had no real need of it. Kind of glad the temptation is gone.

It tells me that the coupon code has been redeemed previously when I try to apply the coupon. Is the deal dead already?

I posted a deal on this drive last week (from Dell) and it was on and off. If you're really interested in one of these, I'd try the coupon here and there over the next day or so. I'm sure they're oos and you'll probably get the drive...

Back