*HOT* Seagate 160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive $19.97 AR

I mean a printout of the onrebate form, not the tigerdirect one. Is their another one than the one on the front page.

I printed out the part of onrebates process that you send in that states the dates of 8/1-8/31. Now if you go to print it out (which you can do from their website), it has different dates listed on it for validity. 8/1-8/10. But, I did not print out the initial offer that you click on that says claim this now.

kumquat said:
Perhaps that's because you told them off.

I was polite and straightforward the entire time. I provided a link to the original rebate and faxed a copy of the printed offer that shows 8/31,

I got to skip the rebate entirely. TD put $40 directly onto my credit card.
hmm... i'll try calling them tomorrow and see if they'll do that for me too. i dont have the files saved though; could you upload them or email them to me if i need them? which ones did you fax them specifically, the original pdf that tigerdirect linked on their website saying it was valid through 8/31? *edit* is it the pdf that's linked on the first page? that link still works :p

jeez, this was my first experience w/ TD too. i saw everyone's experiences and stories about them going through hell w/ TD, but there was the odd few who said they got everything just fine, so i decided to risk it. needless to say, if theres any crap i have to go through to get my rebate it'll be my last.

I talked to TD and Onrebate.com yesterday. TD said it is Onrebate's fault they should fix it, and this is manufacturer's rebate. Then i called Onrebate.com and told them what TD said. First they also told me it is TD's fault then, they put me on hold and talked to some one, and said it should be fix by the time i will get my HARDDRIVEs. The Onrebate.com's representative said i should also send the rebate print out which i was telling her about with the rebate, so there will be no problem in processing rebates.

I also asked, so the deal is good upto 8/31/06, she said yes.

I will get my Hard Drives tommorrow, and i hope by the time they should fix it on the website.

Every one should call them, so they will realize that they have big problem here and they should fix it. So enjoy the deal upto 8/31/06 :cool:

Would two of these in RAID 0 be faster than say, a 74GB or maybe a single 150GB raptor?

[/QUOTE]
jeez, this was my first experience w/ TD too. i saw everyone's experiences and stories about them going through hell w/ TD, but there was the odd few who said they got everything just fine, so i decided to risk it. needless to say, if theres any crap i have to go through to get my rebate it'll be my last.[/QUOTE]

Well I have done over 125 rebates now through OnRebate.com and have not received a total of one rebate so far. The rest came like they should. This is the first time I have seen them screw something up this big. So, I'm pretty sure they will work something out.

Is this thing limited to one household, one per person or something? I looked at the pdf file and I could not find where it specified.

Could somebody post a saved/archived version of the old rebate form? I bit too, and I'd like my $40 :-D.

Yeah if some one can save this PDF and put it on the server, we would really appreciate that. Because this is the only proof we got.

might have to give this a shot... especially since we have a B&M store close by...

can't beat a $20 160gb hdd! :cool:

in onrebate it says this
"For Purchases between: 08/01/2006 and 08/15/2006 "

between. this is listed on onrebates site. you enter the code td has on that pdf and then when you try to claim a rebate it only allows you to select a date from the calendar from the 1st to 15th.

Looks like they realized their error and changed the rebate to the 15th, so no more can get in on it. I was a bit worried, but now I guess I don't have to. Sorry to all who couldn't get in on this. Keep fighting if you can. Good luck.

I just filed with the new pdf, went through without a hitch. Any purchases today are sol it looks like, I'd file now before anything else changes.

well, i just picked one up an hour and a half ago... called onrebate and tigerdirect, they both said they would be honoring the rebates regardless of the purchase date (i'm guessing only up until 8/31).

after submitting online it will still will take "8-10 weeks," but that's good enough for me. i'm 100% on over 50 rebates, lifetime... you just have to be persistant!

btw, i wasn't expecting them to credit back my card and am weary to believe that this happened at all.

----------
edit: if you're going to do this, call onrebate (hit # and 0 a bunch to talk to a person) so they note your submission to be accepted regardless of the purchase date. he also told me to use the 10th as the purchase date when submitting the rebate online.

This is a newsleter that the management send out to Customer Service:

"This Seagate hard drive was advertised on our web site as have a $40 mail rebate between 08/01/06 to 08/31/06, this info is incorrect. The correct rebate term is 08/01/06 to 08/10/06. Onrebate will honor the rebates on this hard drive up to the 14th. So all customer who purchased this item between 8/01/06 and 8/14/06 and submit their rebate on time will be honored.

Regards
Giraldo (Jerry) Sanchez
Senior Account Manager
TigerDirect.com
Toll Free: 800.955.1888 Ext. 5854
Local: 305.415.2205 Ext. 5854
Fax: 305.415.2938
Email: [email protected]
Systemax is the Great American PC Maker.
Ask your current PC Vendor 3 questions:
1. Are 100% of their systems assembled in the USA by US workers?
2. Are 100% of their tech support calls and emails answered in the USA by US workers?
3. Do they have a company policy to NEVER export American jobs?
If they can't answer YES to all 3 questions then come ask Systemax. We say "Yes" to the American worker. We are the largest, most-reliable PC manufacturer in the country that can make these claims. We've been assembling and supporting the highest quality PCs for American businesses and families in Fletcher, Ohio for over 20 years.
"

They are going to offer the rebate up till 8/14/06 ONLY. I already talked with the supervisor and they have it set in stone now about till the 14th.

what! the hard drive i ordered just shipped today. should i refuse the package or something?

I ordered on 15th and they said they will honor it when i called. I will call them today again to give me a credit, if they are not going to honor that.

DolphinAMD said:
what! the hard drive i ordered just shipped today. should i refuse the package or something?

The rebate is based off the date ordered, not the date shipped.

Gilthanis said:
The rebate is based off the date ordered, not the date shipped.

I ordered 15th like i said and they shipped the same day, and i talked to the Onrebate.com and they said they will honor it just send the rebate form says valid upto 8/31.

I am going to call them again. There is no way they can try to take my money, other wise they will have to take back the hard drives with out any shipping fees.

Woo! OnRebate changed their policy to allow rebates on purchases up to, the 15th. Yayzor!

zriggle said:
Woo! OnRebate changed their policy to allow rebates on purchases up to, the 15th. Yayzor!

Thats what i am talking about. So i bought it on 15th i should be good to go :D right?

It is a serial ATA hard drive correct? That means you need to have a sata port, your ide port will not work. If your motherboard does not have a sata port on it you can get a pci card for it.

does new motherboards include this? and should i just return it and get a normal one? would that be faster?

Back