*HOT* Seagate 160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive $19.97 AR

I saw the deal this morning when it was still "in stock", but I had to leave for work. When I got to work half an hour later, it was sold out. Now its back.
Hmmm, ships in 7-21 days. Rebate must be postmarked 30 days after purchase.

i heard rumors about tiger direct rebates never coming in the mail, this looks like a really good deal with rebate but is this rumor just a rumor? anyone get their tiger direct rebates?

"This product has a limited warranty of:
60 months for parts and 60 months for labor.
This warranty is provided by Seagate."

that i right off the link.

not worth it if the warranty runs out before you get the rebate.....

jackbauer said:
"This product has a limited warranty of:
60 months for parts and 60 months for labor.
This warranty is provided by Seagate."

that i right off the link.

not worth it if the warranty runs out before you get the rebate.....
How is that not worth it?

You do realize months are longer than days, correct?

kumquat said:
How is that not worth it?

You do realize months are longer than days, correct?

Wow, interesting how seeing that 60 automatically
makes you fill in "days".

:)

js

Although I don't think he read that correctly, 5 years is probably appropriate for TigerDirect rebates.

wow i am a major jackass..... i looked at that and "assumed" that was 60 days.

maybe i will buy one of those right now.

jackbauer said:
wow i am a major jackass..... i looked at that and "assumed" that was 60 days.

maybe i will buy one of those right now.
:D

When I read your post, I totally filled in "days" in my mind as well. I went to the Tiger Direct website and looked at the warranty before I realized it said "months"

Weird how we're trained to see "days" after "60"!

I'd like to point out that this drive comes to $67 including shipping before a $40 MIR.

Newegg has the exact same OEM drive for ~$65 including shipping.

Why not take a chance on the Tigerdirect rebate?

Onrebate.com offers to send your rebate within a week for $5 off your rebate check, if memory serves. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with that option. So if you're impatient and would like a 160GB SATA2 hard drive for about $32 after MIR, jump on it.

TD rebates aren't bad...besides, this order is through Onrebate.com. As long as you follow directions and keep track of your UPC's / invoices, you'll be fine.

out of about 5 or so times I've ordered from Tigerdirect dealing with rebates, I've always got mine back. One of them I had to call on after 6 weeks, but it still came. Most of them usually come back for me in 4 to 5 weeks, rarely longer.

in the 3 times my friend ordered he never got his rebate. and he did it right.

You can get this same hard drive at CC for $40. With MIR. This might be a nice alternitive to those who dont trust Tiger Direct's rebates.

apex32 said:
in the 3 times my friend ordered he never got his rebate. and he did it right.
he can take them to court, hes a fool.

---
1) My friend has a lamborghini gallardo.
2) I am sitting in a nuclear powerplant right now less than 50 yards from U-235.
3) My friend went 213mph on his crotch rocket the other day.
4) My friend inherited $200 million from his parents.
5) My house has a DS-3 uplink to it.

Pick the correct one.

if I didn't already have two of these running in RAID-0 i'd get two... and if I had money, i'd buy a couple more... mmmmmmmm raid 5

Im definitely tempted to do this. I could change my 160GB Raid0 array based on Maxtor drives to an 80GB drive for my C and a 160 for my D but I still have 30GB free so is it worth it.

I am currently 1 for 1 for TD rebates (it was a $100 rebate from a few years ago).

Trigun500 said:
You can get this same hard drive at CC for $40. With MIR. This might be a nice alternitive to those who dont trust Tiger Direct's rebates.

CC?? Where's that?

zapp said:
CC?? Where's that?
Circuit City. lol :p Not only is it a real world physical store.. they also have an online shopping department. :eek:

ummm.. I kew that.... hehehe yeah. :eek:

Edit: I can't find this drive on Circuit City's web site... just the PATA version... am I blind? :cool:

It is being reported on FW that this model drive (7200.9) has had some data integrity problems and I also read yesterday that Seagate is in the process of refreshing the model with various new features. Couldthis just be TD clearing out their inventory for the newer drives?

Ryland said:
It is being reported on FW that this model drive (7200.9) has had some data integrity problems and I also read yesterday that Seagate is in the process of refreshing the model with various new features. Couldthis just be TD clearing out their inventory for the newer drives?
Link?

Does anyone have a link to the rebate? The ones listed on their rebate center expired on the 10th. The item isn't listing the rebate right now...back to full price. Or even the onrebate offer code would even work for all intents and purposes. Nevermind...I found it...

http://www.onrebate.com/OfferDetails.aspx?rebid=6206

Gilthanis said:
Does anyone have a link to the rebate? The ones listed on their rebate center expired on the 10th. The item isn't listing the rebate right now...back to full price.
http://www.onrebate.com/OfferDetails.aspx?rebid=6206

The original post also includes a link to the pdf on Tiger Direct's website that clearly states 8/1 - 8/31

To find the above link, I went to OnRebate.com and chose "Seagate." This is rocket science ;)

Add in another $11 for tax and shipping...maybe will be worth selling on Ebay...maybe not. If there is other stuff worth buying at the same time, it wouldn't be so bad. Otherwise not a bad drive for backups or a cheapo PC.

CEpeep said:
Figured as much. I didn't think they'd keep interns there past 5.
ya.. I just work till whenever. Usually 7am to 3pm or so. =) Its pretty fun and good experience. Looks good on the resume. :D

rebate is only valid through 8/10 (yesterday). if you ordered it today, you're SOL. the rebate link that was with it at tigerdirect was a "information only" page, if you went to onrebate.com and looked up the rebate, it said valid until 8/10. plus the rebate's gone from td now, too.

Back