HOT - SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD $119.99 FS @ Newegg

I think this same drive was on sale for the same price a few weeks ago. Good drive, installed in my GF's machine and it works great.

Actually, it is the same drive as a few weeks ago but it is now $10 less (was $129.99 when I picked it up). So this is an even better deal!

Tried to buy this last time. Now I get it 10 bucks cheaper assuming it doesn't get canceled on me again.

Argh, impulse buy. Now I have to get around to building a new desktop :D

Would this bring new life to a tiring Dell D620 with Core 2 Duo T5600 that currently has a 5400rpm drive?

Or should I just junk the laptop?

how would this drive perform on a sata II board?

would it be comparable to the sandisk ultra 120 that I already have?

how would this drive perform on a sata II board?

would it be comparable to the sandisk ultra 120 that I already have?

Not sure about the comparison but my GF's machine is SATA II and the drive works great in it. You're probably not going to see a massive real-world performance difference between SATA II and SATA III on these things.

It looks like Amazon has it for the same price here.

This may be better for some people...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
In for one. I've wanted one for my folks computer for a while. I'm gonna give them my current one and keep this one.

It looks like Amazon has it for the same price here.

This may be better for some people...

Wish I had seen this :( Would have saved me tax and some shipping. Bah. Especially stupid since I bought two things from Newegg and only price checked one of them on Amazon :rolleyes:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Amazon deal still shows up for me...

ordered one about 30 minutes ago.

Not a backorder:

"Hello,

We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

"SanDisk Extreme SSD 120GB GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s2.5-Inch Solid State Drive- SDSSDX-120G-G25"
Previous estimated arrival date: May 07, 2012 - June 04, 2012
New estimated arrival date: April 18, 2012 - April 21, 2012"

Back