Hot? Samsung 850 EVO 500GB $189.99

QES

[H]ard|Gawd
Amazon has Samsung 850 EVO 500GB $189.99

The other sizes seem like at least a warm deal too, this 500GB though just takes the cake for price/GB.

120GB $80
250GB $125
1TB $399

I'm wondering how long this will last.. Itching to jump the 500 before it goes up.

EDIT: It appears Rakuten also has the same sale on the drive, if the tax is killing the deal..

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's likely that the price was Amazon's because they get better deals from the distributors. Once those are exhausted, it slots in Marketplace sellers. So it's not 189.99 anymore because the ones available at that price are sold out.

Rakuten had it for $189 earlier today so Amazon matched it. It went back up at Amazon recently which saved me about $189. I love and hate a good deal :p

It's back on sale at $189.99 at amazon.

UGHHH SO CLOSE to pulling trigger.

$100 diff between this and the pro... Pro gives? Minor minor speed increases all around and 10 yr warranty vs the 5 on evo? which either are probably irrelevant with the projected duration of vnand?

It's back on sale at $189.99 at amazon.

UGHHH SO CLOSE to pulling trigger.

$100 diff between this and the pro... Pro gives? Minor minor speed increases all around and 10 yr warranty vs the 5 on evo? which either are probably irrelevant with the projected duration of vnand?

I picked one up for a game storage drive thanks.

Yeah I grabbed 1 for my future build. seasonic platinum 1200 watt psu and 850 evo 500 gb sofar. Looking for a worthy upgrade from my FT02B case. I'm on a knife's edge about the ft05.

Yeah I grabbed 1 for my future build. seasonic platinum 1200 watt psu and 850 evo 500 gb sofar. Looking for a worthy upgrade from my FT02B case. I'm on a knife's edge about the ft05.

Haha I got that same seasonic when its was 154.99 plus 2 850 pro 256gb when they were 129.99. I am doing a c70 military green case though.

Pretty attractive case, I'm really hung up on 90 degree rotation though. I just don't know if the ft05 is going to be an allstar with me like the ft02 is.

Why did I check into this thread again.... Now I very well might bite for $190 at 500gb arggh haha

Want the 1TB so bad for $399.

Been using a 256GB 840 Pro for a while and its starting to get fuller than I'd like.

Bah, probably going to snag the 500 for now and put Win10 on it and keep the old drive around for a bit before I commit to 10 full time. Be a good way to test it out and have a working backup of my current install.

Thanks OP.

Last edited:
Back up for 189.99!

In for one finally.

They ran out last night before I could order so today, snagged one.

I'll put a clean install of Win10 on it and go between my Win7 SSD and this one to test things until I'm ready to commit to Win10 (if ever).

In for one finally.

They ran out last night before I could order so today, snagged one.

I'll put a clean install of Win10 on it and go between my Win7 SSD and this one to test things until I'm ready to commit to Win10 (if ever).

I did the same thing, installed Win10. The UI is pretty glitchy but other than that it works fine.

This deal is still showing available.

I just got mine today, already migrated and installed in my laptop.

Good price for this size. Not as good a $/GB as the previous 250GB 850 Evo for $79.99'ish a few weeks ago from TD. Needs to probably be ~$160 to catch my attention $/GB-wise.

What the heck, it went down from the $190? I wonder if Amazon will credit me the $10 difference lol.

Edit: Just contacted them via Live Chat...and they credited me the $10. Huzzah!

Last edited:
TYVM OP and InternationalHat for the 179 update! I pulled trigger this morning (3/10 @ 0830 MT) @179.99 and it is already back up to $199.

Seems like a fantastic price. 500 seems good enough today but I think i'll wait for 1 tb drives to drop to <300. My 240 drive was a great value but with the ever increasing size of games it's somewhat annoying having to manage it constantly.

Back