HOT: Samsung 2018 55" "BFGD" 120hz @ 1440p with HDR CHEAP @ 799.99 or, Open Box $679 Best Buy ht

I cannot figure out how to enable this on my Samsung .. I meet the requirements other than the LG brand name which would be absolutely horrible if this functionality was blocked.

I cannot figure out how to enable this on my Samsung .. I meet the requirements other than the LG brand name which would be absolutely horrible if this functionality was blocked.

Hope ya get it sorted.. hope your checking nvidia's forum as well.

Sucks that there is no way I could move my pc to the 65" samsung to try it if it could work.

I'd have to rip my sons 65" off the wall and move it downstairs to my rig! Hehe.. not happening. He would be so pissed!

Got an email flyer from Micro Center this morning. They're running "Black Friday" pricing on a bunch of TVs including the Samsung QLEDs. The 49" Q60R is $599 and the 55" is $699 if anyone is interested in picking one up.

55" NU6900 is $379 (!) and the 43" NU6900 is $279.

Nice.. i believe the 55" nu6900 is the same at bestbuy.. was looking for my father.. the 50 was $330 I believe.

Got an email flyer from Micro Center this morning. They're running "Black Friday" pricing on a bunch of TVs including the Samsung QLEDs. The 49" Q60R is $599 and the 55" is $699 if anyone is interested in picking one up.

55" NU6900 is $379 (!) and the 43" NU6900 is $279.

Might be time to retire my 48" JU7500.. Funny to think I paid $1800 just a few years ago

I guess I don't understand why VRR will work with LG over HDMI and not Samsung. I can't figure out how to enable it.

I guess I don't understand why VRR will work with LG over HDMI and not Samsung. I can't figure out how to enable it.

Samsung implemented AMD's 'Freesync over HDMI' hack, and LG implemented HDMI VRR?

From what I have heard but cannot prove, they're apparently two different things. For reasons that won't begin to care enough to understand.

Samsung implemented AMD's 'Freesync over HDMI' hack, and LG implemented HDMI VRR?

From what I have heard but cannot prove, they're apparently two different things. For reasons that won't begin to care enough to understand.

I don't have an AMD video card. Their performance has always been bottom rung. I spent extra for the best of the best. I am sick of these fucking hardware / software games. Hopefully someone releases a hacked up driver. The Samsung supports the entire hz range that the LG does, has HDMI 2.1 .. I have a nVidia video card ... enough with the games

I don't have an AMD video card. Their performance has always been bottom rung. I spent extra for the best of the best. I am sick of these fucking hardware / software games. Hopefully someone releases a hacked up driver. The Samsung supports the entire hz range that the LG does, has HDMI 2.1 .. I have a nVidia video card ... enough with the games

Eh, AMD has been halfassing their way forward in the GPU market and playing off of feels essentially since they bought ATi.

They do and have had plenty of great products in the lower tiers -- but their attempts to compete at the high-end like the no-spec Freesync release and their hacked HDMI Freesync that Samsung bought into due to it being enabled on some of the Xboxs is obviously not helping here.

Supposing that Nvidia supports full HDMI 2.1 with Ampere, it should cease to be an issue.

Eh, AMD has been halfassing their way forward in the GPU market and playing off of feels essentially since they bought ATi.

They do and have had plenty of great products in the lower tiers -- but their attempts to compete at the high-end like the no-spec Freesync release and their hacked HDMI Freesync that Samsung bought into due to it being enabled on some of the Xboxs is obviously not helping here.

Supposing that Nvidia supports full HDMI 2.1 with Ampere, it should cease to be an issue.

Q60 is on sale for $699 for 55 inch right now. Good deal.

Honestly, I don't know what's going on with AMD anymore. NAVI is a good for a midgrade, until you look at power consumption. AMD can't seem to, even with die shrinks, get their power consumption down. Since I build SFF machines (like the Case by Case MI-6).

I'm not letting NVIDA off the hook either. They could EASILY support 2.0B VRR, but won't do so unless it's labeled some kind of GSYNC. I love GSYNC, but hate they won't do HDMI VRR.

The worst part is that HDMI 2.1 spec isn't a standard. Manufactures can choose what they want to implement and what they don't. This was at their demand and the standards boards relented. It's not a standard if it isn't freaking standardized!

Also...HDMI 2.1 should be HDMI 3. I'm sick of these confusing naming schemes I have to explain to my family all the time.

I love GSYNC, but hate they won't do HDMI VRR.

Actually, they are doing HDMI VRR -- it's AMD doing a hacked "Freesync over HDMI" that's an issue. Nvidia is following the standard in this case (not that Freesync over DP was 'the standard' until after AMD pushed it).

55" isn't really too big. People are using the wrong logic. It's basically 3 x 27" Monitors without the bezels ... loosely
How close do you sit when you run 1440p @120? And at that res are you just gaming and use 4k for desktop?

I think you answered this before, but just curious on updates, since you've had it for a while. Seems really nice

Q60 is on sale for $699 for 55 inch right now. Good deal.

Honestly, I don't know what's going on with AMD anymore. NAVI is a good for a midgrade, until you look at power consumption. AMD can't seem to, even with die shrinks, get their power consumption down. Since I build SFF machines (like the Case by Case MI-6).

I'm not letting NVIDA off the hook either. They could EASILY support 2.0B VRR, but won't do so unless it's labeled some kind of GSYNC. I love GSYNC, but hate they won't do HDMI VRR.

The worst part is that HDMI 2.1 spec isn't a standard. Manufactures can choose what they want to implement and what they don't. This was at their demand and the standards boards relented. It's not a standard if it isn't freaking standardized!

Also...HDMI 2.1 should be HDMI 3. I'm sick of these confusing naming schemes I have to explain to my family all the time.
Definitely agree with the naming schemes, it's become a huge cluster f.. Well mess :)

How close do you sit when you run 1440p @120? And at that res are you just gaming and use 4k for desktop?

I think you answered this before, but just curious on updates, since you've had it for a while. Seems really nice

I have a slightly larger than average desk. I always source really nice used commercial office desks from used office furniture stores. Something not a lot of people do, BUT SHOULD.

I don't know the dimensions, I do know it's modern and heavier than than most the stuff you guys have. The short answer? I sit no further away than most of you, maybe 4 inches? 6 additional inches. It's supper comparable.

The problem I have with the assumptions many people make about a 55" being too big is that, they, in most cases haven't had 3 or 4 monitors on their desks at times. I have. There is no difference in viewing distance. The only true difference is bezels. I have no bezels. but the same screen real estate as someone with 3 or 4 monitors.

People never approach the situation with in intelligent taught and consideration. They just blurb out "that's too big!" ... well, no, have you seen how thin a new modern display is. Have you seen how super thin the bezels are? So on and so forth.

Picture someone with 4 monitors on their desk. For example, 4 x 24" 1080p monitors. 2 at the top and two at the bottom. That would roughly equate to 55", which is what I use. I promise, it grows on you very very quickly in addition to becoming smaller as time passes by.

However, for any haters out there, I can always run tap down the middle of the monitor and tap centered horizontally if me having bezels would make you feel better. I mean, the distance from me to the display is still going to be the same.

How you guys use small little 24" to game on is mind boggling to me.

WoW on 55" @ 120hz @ 1440p ... is simply put ... fuking amazing.

Any game, fukking amazing. Often times I will just push the chair back a bit and watch a movie, youtube, or whatever. Lot of people in these forums uses these larger displays. Ask any of us, most would say it's a game changer. And it is.

Also, those ultra wide monitors? A joke. Those things have the top and bottom height of a 19" monitor. I mean, how in the hell can people accept that? Had one and I hated it. It was literally about the fastest thing I've ever returned to the store.

I've been interested primarily in the newer 38" ultrawides for this reason.

I don't see how people are content with the 34" ones. I guess it's all a matter of perspective (if all you used prior to one of those was a 27" it might seem OK). I had a 32" 2560x1440 prior to buying a 34" ultrawide and the vertical dimension still felt lacking.

After using 40-55" 4K, those 34" ultrawides feel like looking through the sliding eyeport of a speakeasy door.

upload_2019-11-3_8-42-5.jpeg

Looks like there is a noticeable difference between the 34" and 38" ultrawides but man after using 40"+ they all seem vertically challenged, lol.

219oa579aeoz.jpg

Looks like there is a noticeable difference between the 34" and 38" ultrawides but man after using 40"+ they all seem vertically challenged, lol.

Well, if I could have a 43" 21:9, I mean...

But generally I don't see myself using the vertical space too much. At least, I'd likely get other (cheaper) monitors to put in those spaces, probably a pair of 24" 1080p or 27" 1440p. High-refresh IPS VRR types.

Well, if I could have a 43" 21:9, I mean...

But generally I don't see myself using the vertical space too much. At least, I'd likely get other (cheaper) monitors to put in those spaces, probably a pair of 24" 1080p or 27" 1440p. High-refresh IPS VRR types.

Hehehe, a 43" 21:9 would be insane bro. I'd love to see one!

At least with one of those, if you couldn't get 21:9 working in a game you could play in a 43" 16:9 area (with black bars) which is still an excellent size. When I had my 34" UWs I never could get Gone Home working with 21:9, so had to play it in the middle surrounded by black bars and that sucked because the area was so small.

Anyway, I digress. Sorry for the OT.

I don't see how people are content with the 34" ones. I guess it's all a matter of perspective (if all you used prior to one of those was a 27" it might seem OK). I had a 32" 2560x1440 prior to buying a 34" ultrawide and the vertical dimension still felt lacking.

After using 40-55" 4K, those 34" ultrawides feel like looking through the sliding eyeport of a speakeasy door.

View attachment 197123

View attachment 197124

Try Gaming on Samsung 75" 4k Nu8000 /w freesync, It's like mini theater lol, I like 1440p@120hz best, 4l@60hz is for my i wanna play doom 2016 lol.

View attachment 197123

View attachment 197124

omg dude that picture had me laughing my ass off ... sooo good. And exactly. There's honestly no right or wrong here, use what you like. But at least be open to new possibilities. And btw, I am an original member of the Westy 32 crew from back in the day.

View attachment 197123

View attachment 197124

I went from a 43" 4K display to my current 34" UW and initially missed the extra top two quadrants I would snap Outlook and whatever else into at the top, but I adjusted pretty quickly and am good with it. I definitely appreciate the higher FOV in FPS games on the UW too though. If I had the desk space, I would get another 16:9 monitor to put besides or above my UW just to have for better movie/media playback without the borders and also for better console support with my PS4 Pro and Switch that I keep at my desk sometimes.

55" isn't really too big. People are using the wrong logic. It's basically 3 x 27" Monitors without the bezels ... loosely
I run a 48" right now. Tried both the 40" and 48" and settled on the 48" but I thought it was borderline too big for my desk. I think it depends on your setup.

I think 55” 1440p 120hz works just fine for every day browsing, videos and most games like rocket league, or controller based games, but when I loaded up the outerworlds or borderlands 3 I decided I needed a smaller screen for mouse and kb shooters.

Attachments

• 375B1119-2F72-4B3E-969D-7FE6BDC4A02C.jpeg
    375B1119-2F72-4B3E-969D-7FE6BDC4A02C.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 0
I have a slightly larger than average desk. I always source really nice used commercial office desks from used office furniture stores. Something not a lot of people do, BUT SHOULD.

I don't know the dimensions, I do know it's modern and heavier than than most the stuff you guys have. The short answer? I sit no further away than most of you, maybe 4 inches? 6 additional inches. It's supper comparable.

The problem I have with the assumptions many people make about a 55" being too big is that, they, in most cases haven't had 3 or 4 monitors on their desks at times. I have. There is no difference in viewing distance. The only true difference is bezels. I have no bezels. but the same screen real estate as someone with 3 or 4 monitors.

People never approach the situation with in intelligent taught and consideration. They just blurb out "that's too big!" ... well, no, have you seen how thin a new modern display is. Have you seen how super thin the bezels are? So on and so forth.

Picture someone with 4 monitors on their desk. For example, 4 x 24" 1080p monitors. 2 at the top and two at the bottom. That would roughly equate to 55", which is what I use. I promise, it grows on you very very quickly in addition to becoming smaller as time passes by.

However, for any haters out there, I can always run tap down the middle of the monitor and tap centered horizontally if me having bezels would make you feel better. I mean, the distance from me to the display is still going to be the same.

How you guys use small little 24" to game on is mind boggling to me.

WoW on 55" @ 120hz @ 1440p ... is simply put ... fuking amazing.

Any game, fukking amazing. Often times I will just push the chair back a bit and watch a movie, youtube, or whatever. Lot of people in these forums uses these larger displays. Ask any of us, most would say it's a game changer. And it is.

Also, those ultra wide monitors? A joke. Those things have the top and bottom height of a 19" monitor. I mean, how in the hell can people accept that? Had one and I hated it. It was literally about the fastest thing I've ever returned to the store.
Thanks for this, I am going to have to take a look, I use multiple monitors for work... So this would be great for that alone.

I use a 65" BOUT 7FT away when gaming..works great.

That's awesome! I'm thinking I'll get something like this soon, thanks for the info on set up too. Did you go with the same/similar model as this one?

My 2 cent's and thoughts

I own Samsung NU8000 75" i sit 7-8 feet back, sometimes ill sit 5-6 feet in my pc chair.

Once you setup all color, setting your liking. It's awesome T.V gaming. T.V supports freesync 2 with HDR. I play on my xbox until new navi gpu comes out. I love T.V I wont trade it or sell it. Plus 5 year geek squad warranty :D

So, the Q60R series will do 120Hz at 1440p?

...but only in 55in or larger, correct?

Back