HOT: Samsung 2018 55" "BFGD" 120hz @ 1440p with HDR CHEAP @ 799.99 or, Open Box $679 Best Buy ht

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Man, I picked the wrong time to get in the market for a new TV. Too bad the RU8000 series is a downgrade from the NU8000

Stock levels at stores appear to be wiped out. How about the last remnants on eBay? I am eyeballing this listing, maybe getting the square trade coverage just as insurance. https://www.ebay.com/itm/65IN-8000-...579?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

That's a great price. I paid _899 for mine new with a 5yr warranty from Costco and I love it. The PQ is excellent using just the recommended settings from Rtings.com review.

If you are in the market and especially want that wonderful huge FreeSync range then I would get it.

The only other thing you could do is look for a deal in a QF set from last year but I don't think you will find anything cheaper then the 8000 series.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well this display just became a HUGE DEAL ...

nVidia is about to enable HDMI 2.1 Gsync here within the month or so via driver update.

I have Samsung NU8000 75" been rocking for while, been playing world of warcraft classic on 4k@60hz, its mind blowing lol.

Ive tried 1080p@120hzhz, 1440p@120hz, 4k@60hz, with hdr on and off, I like HDR off honestly.

I've been thinking grabbing Radeon 5700XT with waterblock just try and getting rid my Radeon VII

What does that mean?

Means if you have a HDMI 2.1 set that you will now get VRR on your nVidia card. I have a 2080 Ti .... so my Samsung NU8000 @ 120hz @ 1440p ... I won't drop / dupe frames ... not that I did before.

It's bullshit and they should have done this a long time ago.

Will a G-sync HDMI 2.1 TV ever exist? While 2.1 TVs will support VRR, I don't believe it will be the G-Sync kind. It's more like Nvidia deciding to accept other VRR technologies through the the HDMI port.

Display Port needs to die already.

Will a G-sync HDMI 2.1 TV ever exist? While 2.1 TVs will support VRR, I don't believe it will be the G-Sync kind. It's more like Nvidia deciding to accept other VRR technologies through the the HDMI port.

Display Port needs to die already.
I agree we should only have 1 standard of connector by now. IDC which just pick one and stick with it.

Nope, nVidia is finally supporting VRR over HDMI 2.1 ... the driving is coming out soon.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/9/10/20858505/lg-oled-tvs-nvidia-g-sync-support

Cool, I already have the C9, although there is some concern for burn-in, I think it should be okay for a couple years. I think it should be stated TVs won't have the actual G-Sync hardware. I also feel this may also be the VRR standard going forward, especially if HDMI takes over for everything.

Cool, I already have the C9, although there is some concern for burn-in, I think it should be okay for a couple years. I think it should be stated TVs won't have the actual G-Sync hardware. I also feel this may also be the VRR standard going forward, especially if HDMI takes over for everything.

Make sure to lower your OLED light setting to <20 if possible and just use some common sense. There are people here who have been using their OLED TVs as monitors for 3+ years with no issues. I'm coming up on two years myself and mine's still doing awesome, but I'll be upgrading to the C9 or a C10 for sure. Just waiting for the 48" that's supposed to be released, but if not I'll get another 55".

This G-Sync/VRR integration is very exciting news.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been using a 55” E7 (bought used) as my daily pc monitor for over a year now and not had any burn in (primary use is gaming). I know some people have been affected by burn in, but I think, barring a defective unit or an extreme usage case, the vast majority of OLED TVs will likely never encounter it.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been using a 55” E7 (bought used) as my daily pc monitor for over a year now and not had any burn in (primary use is gaming). I know some people have been affected by burn in, but I think, barring a defective unit or an extreme usage case, the vast majority of OLED TVs will likely never encounter it.

While I don't have an OLED, I do think people get confused between burn-in and image retention. The 4k monitor I have (Acer ET430K) has a fair amount of retention, but it's not permanent. If you look online about it people think it's permanent burn-in... it isn't.

ie - if I have a bright window or browser open, then move or minimize, then open something else on top of it... I can see the outline of the prev window that is no longer there. It's hard to describe and you can't screengrab it. But it's not burn-in. We had a plasma at work (before LCD/LED) that played news channels all day long and that was burn-in, logos and text scrolls. You could see it with the thing turned off.

I totally agree that a modern set with non 24x7 viewing should be fine. I hope to be able to afford an OLED as my next big TV

B7 here, and the same experience. Except my primary use is actually in Windows (I work from home and often use it for 8+ hours before any gaming that I might choose to do). And if it died tomorrow, I'd upgrade to a 9-series without a second thought!

I for the life of me cannot figure out why inhave issues with this tv. My other one is now working flawess with my gtx 1080, but my daily driver did a windows update to 1903 and i cannot get it to run naitive 1440 120hz, windows refuses to identify that as an option and nvidia control panel scales it to 4k

I for the life of me cannot figure out why inhave issues with this tv. My other one is now working flawess with my gtx 1080, but my daily driver did a windows update to 1903 and i cannot get it to run naitive 1440 120hz, windows refuses to identify that as an option and nvidia control panel scales it to 4k

Did ya try using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and install the latest or even an older set?

It was a fresh install of windows, but i figured it out.

After numerous hours on two different computers I figured it out. This may help anyone that has tried different cables, computers, and video cards. Put the television into game console mode, turn on free sync. The computer will actually detect a different device. Move it back to pc mode, turn off free sync , and it will work flawlessly. All modes will be available in nvidia control panel, and scaling in windows is gone.

My cousin snagged me one of these open box with no stand at walmart for $250.
I love it. The color on it is great and the 120hz 1440p is awesome for playing controller games in bed.

FYI - Best Buy only gives a 2-week return period. In contrast, Wal-Mart's return policy is 90 days - just something to be aware of.

Walmart is 2 weeks for most electronics I think. From their website the following are restricted to 2 weeks. I'm not sure on TV's.

• Computers
  • Computer hardware
  • Printers (excluding 3D printers)
  • Camcorders
  • Digital cameras
  • GPS units
  • Digital music players
  • Tablets
  • Portable video players
  • Drones
  • Pre-paid cell phones
  • Smartwatches and activity trackers

Additionally if you sign up for the free best buy rewards program they increase returns to 30 days.

I believe elite bestbuy members get 45 days.

Personally I'd rather help bestbuy out as how many electronic store chains still exsis? Wallfarts ain't going anywhere :/

I believe elite bestbuy members get 45 days.

Personally I'd rather help bestbuy out as how many electronic store chains still exsis? Wallfarts ain't going anywhere :/
They still have a ways to go but they have corrected course. With more and more states starting to collect taxes online purchases brick and mortar store are going to see a resurgence. I personally been going to MC a lot more.

Yeah 10 years after the malls are gone.. people are gona miss walking around and browsing!!!

I know I will. How else will one discover new and cool stuff to buy? YouTube? Get serious people!

Yeah 10 years after the malls are gone.. people are gona miss walking around and browsing!!!

I know I will. How else will one discover new and cool stuff to buy? YouTube? Get serious people!
Meh about malls. They are pretty much dead now. Most the stores in them are kinda trash tbh nowadays. Walking through the ones at me have nothing to catch my eye. Can't dip into a arcade anymore and drop a few dollars in to some.

Eh, malls are evolving. There's a demand for indoor stuff, and you'll see more services-oriented and entertainment stuff than retail.

Arcades are also likely to make a comeback... :)

So, with these NU8000 series with native 120Hz panels being EOL and OOS everywhere, does anyone know of a brand/model with a comparable native 120Hz panel that would suffice as well as the NU8000 for PC gaming duty?

The newer 2019 models ... i.e. the NU8000 replacement ( the RU8000 )

I would check craigslist and facebook marketplace locally if your area has a large enough population.

The high-end 2019 Samsungs all have 120hz @ 1440p native but you have to spend a lot more money. Here let me take a look. BRB.

Looks like you can pickup the RU8000 for around $699 ...

I went to get a NU8000 but they’re gone. So I grabbed the Q60R 55 instead. So far it’s been damn impressive.

First the bad: viewing angles are mediocre, and it’s build quality is average at best. It’s not Gsync Compatible..yet.

Now the good: the interface and built in apps are great, and the image quality is good. 1080P 120hz mode looks near native when hooked up to my PC. It’s a Zotac EN1070 (GTX 1070) so no FreeSync. HDR support seems good, but it’s a pain to set up. Also BF1’s frame rate dropped in half for some reason.

Playing from 10 feet away I can’t much of a difference between 1080P mode and 4K.

Even the Switch looked ok on it.

I went to get a NU8000 but they’re gone. So I grabbed the Q60R 55 instead. So far it’s been damn impressive.

First the bad: viewing angles are mediocre, and it’s build quality is average at best. It’s not Gsync Compatible..yet.

Now the good: the interface and built in apps are great, and the image quality is good. 1080P 120hz mode looks near native when hooked up to my PC. It’s a Zotac EN1070 (GTX 1070) so no FreeSync. HDR support seems good, but it’s a pain to set up. Also BF1’s frame rate dropped in half for some reason.

Playing from 10 feet away I can’t much of a difference between 1080P mode and 4K.

Even the Switch looked ok on it.

Congrats. Me and a handful of my buddies game at 1440p @ 120hz with out 2080 Ti's at 120fps or more. A lot more depending.

Cannot wait to get the new gsync over HDMI drivers that should be coming any day. Unless nVidia locks it to LG somehow. At this point, I'm scared they will somehow block Samsungs from being able to use that feature.

Congrats. Me and a handful of my buddies game at 1440p @ 120hz with out 2080 Ti's at 120fps or more. A lot more depending.

Cannot wait to get the new gsync over HDMI drivers that should be coming any day. Unless nVidia locks it to LG somehow. At this point, I'm scared they will somehow block Samsungs from being able to use that feature.

Thanks! I can't wait to see if the HDMI GSYNC drivers drop soon too. This is a bedroom TV (perfect time since my back is out) so I was hoping to build a small ITX rig or the newer Zotac with the 2070.

Back