Hot? Refurb Acer Netbook, Win XP, 1.6 ghz atom, 120GB HDD. FS, No Rebate

Ethereal

Limp Gawd
Acer Netbook, 8.9" WSVGA with CrystalBrite Technology Intel Atom 1.60GHz N270, 120GB HD, 1GBDDR2 SDRAM, 802.11b/g wireless LAN, Built-in Card Reader, Acer Crystal Eye Webcam, Windows XP Home, Sapphire Blue, Factory Refurbished - AOA150-1864

Link

HOT? :confused:

And of course, it is Buy.com, which a lot got burned by recently. (including me)

Edited to put the price in title. Sorry about that. Actually the edit is not carrying over to the thread title. Can any mods do this for me, plz?

Retail price on these is $349, not $499 as Buy.com seems to be misleading people into believing. You can get these pretty much anywhere brand new for $349 out the door, so... $100 for a refurb... I wouldn't consider it a Hot Deal personally, but someone might.

And yes, to the OP: you need to put a price in the thread title... sortakinda a rule around here I think, or at least in the post someplace, but I could be mistaken.

Retail price on these is $349, not $499 as Buy.com seems to be misleading people into believing. You can get these pretty much anywhere brand new for $349 out the door, so... $100 for a refurb... I wouldn't consider it a Hot Deal personally, but someone might.

And yes, to the OP: you need to put a price in the thread title... sortakinda a rule around here I think, or at least in the post someplace, but I could be mistaken.

Quoting what they say about list price. "LIST PRICE" is the suggested retail price provided to us by our suppliers. We make no representation that a substantial number of these products have been sold or offered for sale at the list price. Actual retail prices in your area may be substantially different. Because we sell our merchandise over the internet on a national basis, it is not possible to know if our merchandise is sold at list price in any particular location or at any particular time. "YOU SAVE" reflects the difference between our price and the supplier provided list price shown on our sites. Because the list price may be different than the actual retail prices in your area, you may not actually realize a savings of this amount and may want to make an exact comparison for yourself by checking the prices of other internet or local retailers prior to making a purchase.

I can't find any info on what acers refurb warranty is like. If its the same as the retail one then its a good deal to me!

Their shipping is usually very slow, but I've never had a problem with them. They even gave me a prepaid label to return ship something back to them.

For what it's worth a quick Google search seems to indicate two different note books.

AOA110-1113

AOA150-1864

Not and apple to apple comparison.(no pun intended)

The 1113 is the Linux version at Newegg for $299

The 1864 is the refurb at buy.com for $289, the $349 one at newegg is the 1570, but it is spec'd similar to the 1864 (not sure what the difference is...probably a RAM difference). They are all the same processor and chipset, the differences are memory configuration, HDD configuration, OS, and battery size (maybe different minor hardware revisions such as wireless card used, etc.).

Sorry for the confusion.

cool netbook, but im not paying that close to retail for refurb.. + buy.com has the worst customer service ive ever encountered, BAR NONE, i tried to buy a router from them and they totally screwed me. i had to cancel after A WEEK of waiting because they completely ignored my emails! ill avoid buy.com liek the plague from now on.

Just to warn you all.
Quality of Acer is like a bastard child between a Compaq and an eMachines

Back