Hot Radio Shack 200 gig maxtor external HDD $19.99 B&M YMMV

laptop

Limp Gawd
Just picked up 4 200 gig maxtor external HDD's for $19.99 each.
Radio Shack has clearance on these in store only.
I asked about any other store having them and was told it varies by store.
By the way I live in west central Wisconsin.

Good luck guys.

As per Google the product number probably is 2357335 but as you can see it doesn't show up in their local product locator: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2357335 <---- note the product number at the end of the URL. Here's one of the original cached pages.

As you can tell i've been doing this for a while :p. When it doesn't show up in the local product locator it usually means they've sold out pretty much everywhere, YMMV imho. Pretty sure these drives were on clearance a year ago for $39.99, i remember because i was holding one in my hand contemplating it.... they probably sold like hotcakes. At $20 i imagine the employees buying up the remaining stock.

Oh yea, don't be an lazy and call the store to see if any are in stock...because that same pimply faced clerk who answered the phone will tell you "NO" and purchase the last one himself ;)

Thanks for the heads up, that's a killer deal. I'll be checking the stores in Madison near campus soon.

Not that it really matters, IDE or SATA? Just wondering for people who would re-use the enclosure.

someone is ALWAYS going to end up calling no matter what.. then they come in here and say "i called them and they said none in stock"...

wtcrap >:eek:

Went to three stores, in dupage county, 1 didnt carry drives, and the other 2 only had external enclosures on clearance (no good deals)

I know the whole, "don't call bit," but when it's out of stock in 99% of stores it's not worth the gas and time going around looking for them.

Man if this was before new years we could have use the $10 off on $40 coupon. Still very hot deal though!

I picked up all they had. 9 more. Both my brother in laws and 1 sis in law , 4 friends, 1 sister, and my grandma all got one..
No that last one is not a typo. She is 89 (90 next month) and loves movies. I added it to her charter dvr and she is quite happy.
She even knows how to lookup and record stuff.

The Radio Shack near me is shit. All they ever have are horribly overpriced hobbyist electronics items (connectors, LEDs, solder, etc.) and crappy cellphones.

Nothing close to me, all they had was an overpriced 320gb iomega one. I was looking for a cheap SD card while I was there and their prices were absolutely nuts. Reminds me of the onion article from a few weeks ago making fun of them. How do they stay in business? Not even the CEO knows heh.

I did manage to grab a copy of lego indiana jones for dirt cheap though since they were doing the video game closeout. They only had that, GTA4, and GH for the DS though.

I picked up all they had. 9 more. Both my brother in laws and 1 sis in law , 4 friends, 1 sister, and my grandma all got one..
No that last one is not a typo. She is 89 (90 next month) and loves movies. I added it to her charter dvr and she is quite happy.

This thread is 2 pages long and we don't even have the SKU#? If you picked up 9 of these, can you please look at just one and give us the SKU# please?

This thread is 2 pages long and we don't even have the SKU#? If you picked up 9 of these, can you please look at just one and give us the SKU# please?
Pretty sure it isn't listed on their website in any shape or form, not even their local product locator has it (and that usually stores discontinued products for a few months longer). Google cache has some info. Refer to posts 7 and 8 for the ID info we used.

This product is a relic, radioshack designated it as "clearance" over a year ago and prices began to fall slowly starting from $40 on down.

Nearly positive the radioshack catalog # is 2357335

wanna sell me one for $25? ;)

i called 5 radioshacks

this is worthless. dont even waste the energy
As warned prior, those who call and alert pimply faced store clerks will always be told that there are none in stock.

On another note, this item has been on clearance for about a year, so there probably were none left in stock...

The one in Poughkeepsie, NY had one left in stock, but the box was beat up, and I did not trust it (As the guy said no returns on the item).

:s

Back