[HOT] Pre-purchase Bioshock 2 for $44.99 on Steam & Get Bioshock 1 FREE

alik4041

[H]ard|Gawd
Please READ before posting

Bioshock 2 Available on February 9th
Very good deal if you don't have Bioshock 1 :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8859/

Deactivation Tool for Bioshock:

http://downloads.2kgames.com/bioshock/BioShockRevokeTool.zip

Group Buy Terms:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035212025&postcount=20

This list contains people interested in a group buy, so drop them a PM if you need someone for a group buy.
Group Buy list ALWAYS UPDATING :

cannondale06
EzekialRage
hity645
khanable (Bioshock 1 only)
McG2k1
PeeWeePee
poconopc
RayDaddy

Last edited:
Better deal is the 4-pack which works out to $33.75 and you still get 4 copies of the original Bioshock.

Better deal is the 4-pack which works out to $33.75 and you still get 4 copies of the original Bioshock.
I'm thinking this would work in a group buy lol. I just don't need 4 copies, but it is a better deal. If enough people want to, we can ask a mod for permission to group buy.

Anyone doing group buy count me in. I want the 1&2 :) never played this game.

how much was bioshock 1 during the steam christmas sale?

I'm really growing fond of these $33.75 day 1 prices.

so how exactly do these group buys work anyway? one person buys the 4-pack on steam and then transfers the game licenses to others?

after seeing the preview I am going to pass. I didn't like the big daddy level to start with so I don't think I will need a whole game of it.

i'm down for the group buy if anyone needs an extra person.
I don't need bioshock 1 though.
PM ME, paypal ready if someone goes through with it.

Last edited:
I played bioshock 1 but never finished the game >.< I was so into it though, so I'm getting this nonetheless! Oh btw, does anyone know how SecuROM works with steam? It says 15 machine activation limit, but why does this matter if you can't open up more than one steam account? I hope this doesn't mean that I can only have 15 chances to EVER install this game because I'm always doing fresh OS installs.

Edit: Group buy requested, now we wait :)

Last edited:
Ok, group buy is a GO.

First, if we're going to do this, you should know that there will need to be one designated steam account for every 4 pack. This means, one person can't purchase 5 (4-packs) and distribute them...so it's not going to be as easy as giving money to just one person.

Second, if you don't want Bioshock 1 and are just interested in 2, then it would be a good idea for you to be one of the people to purchase the 4 pack. This is because only Bioshock 2 will be affiliated with your account and you will have 3 bioshock 2 gifts and 4 Bioshock 1 gifts. The extra game of Bioshock 1 can easily be sold for at least $5 or given to someone of your choice. Either way, you have a chance to make this even cheaper on you.

Lastly are the people wishing to pay through paypal. The people receiving the gifts should be responsible for the paypal fee and not the person purchasing the pack. So you'll need to add a couple more dollars, which will be $35.07 . This is unless the purchaser would like to pay the fee of course. Money will clearly be given before the purchase.

Almost forgot, I think reputable heatware or similar should be required before giving money to someone.

Everyone agree with the following?

Last edited:
Ok, group buy is a GO.

First, if we're going to do this, you should know that there will need to be one designated steam account for every 4 pack. This means, one person can't purchase 5 (4-packs) and distribute them...so it's not going to be as giving money to just one person.

Second, if you don't want Bioshock 1 and are just interested in 2, then it would be a good idea for you to be one of the people to purchase the 4 pack. This is because only Bioshock 2 will be affiliated with your account and you will have 3 bioshock 2 gifts and 4 Bioshock 1 gifts. The extra game of Bioshock 1 can easily be sold for at least $5 or given to someone of your choice. Either way, you have a chance to make this even cheaper on you.

Lastly are the people wishing to pay through paypal. The people receiving the gifts should be responsible for the paypal fee and not the person purchasing the pack. So you'll need to add a couple more dollars, depending on exactly how much the fee is. This is unless the purchaser would like to pay the fee of course. Money will clearly be given before the purchase.

Almost forgot, I think reputable heatware or similar should be required before giving money to someone.

Everyone agree with the following?
you should add that it would be wise to deal only with people who have a good reputation on a site like heatware.com

sounds fair. if anyone out there wants to be the purchaser, PM me. i can paypal today.
or if no one wants to step up, i suppose i'll do it (i don't have a heatware though)

Count me in also, and I do NOT need Bioshock 1 (already have the retail box). I'll be happy to gift it to anyone for $5.

SecuROM and Games for Windows Live are necessary to run = FAIL on 2K's part

Was planning on purchasing but not now. Have fun w/ trying to get SecuROM off
your system.

lol who would be preordering bio2 if they dont already have the first one?

lol who would be preordering bio2 if they dont already have the first one?
People who have either seen the amazing reviews for the first one, or people who have tried it out. Just a guess :p

Can we get this done a bit faster here. If this deal is dead when I wake up tomorrow, I'm not going to be a happy camper at all.

Hey guys Im still down if anyone needs people for a group. My heatware is BXVeTeRaN

Sure looks that way. I think paypal is necessary because this is probably time sensitive. Anyone else online right now that can chip in?

I'm OK with being the purchaser.
Great. Let's see how many people are online now.

Back