[Hot] PowerColor HD 7870 MYST. Ed. 2GB + Bioshock & Tombraider - $209 (no rebate!)

I got mine the other day. It's definitely a step up from my 6950. I planned on selling the games, but I actually keep them. The card is loud, but not outrageous (especially since I wear headphones).

Blurg, seems like a perfect deal...two great games as well, hope its back in stock at some point.

PS, in case anyone cares.....its does fit a regular universal gpu block, without shims....in my case mcw 82

I got my card yesterday and played Starcraft2 with it. I'll play crysis 2 today to see if I notice a big jump over my 6950 2gb unlocked to 6970. I plan to sell the old card and game coupon to have a free upgrade. So far I have been pleased, seems faster and not too much louder than my 6950. Overclocked to 1200ghz right off the bat without any noticeable problems, and seems cooler than my reference 6950 which got up to 80 degrees during gaming.

Back in stock but deal is dead.

Even at $240 it's an amazing card, considering at stock it's a solid step up from the more expensive GTX660Ti, and with an overclock can reach Radeon 7950 even 7970 performance levels(depending on the game). I got one via this deal, were I to get two, I would have still spent less than my GTX670. I'm on mine and happy I have it, with all the issues Tomb Raider has with nVidia hardware, it's nice to know that this inexpensive, but sorta comparable (OC'd mine to 1.1Ghz) is more than up to pick up the slack. TressFX looks nice!.

Could you guys tell me what PSU would support one of these and say 2 in crossfire? Thanx!

Thanx guys. I have a Antec TP 750W but curious if it could handle such load.

I got my card yesterday and played Starcraft2 with it. I'll play crysis 2 today to see if I notice a big jump over my 6950 2gb unlocked to 6970. I plan to sell the old card and game coupon to have a free upgrade. So far I have been pleased, seems faster and not too much louder than my 6950. Overclocked to 1200ghz right off the bat without any noticeable problems, and seems cooler than my reference 6950 which got up to 80 degrees during gaming.

I want your card! :D

The powercolor myst is back in stock for about $240 now. The coupon no longer brings it down to $209

TD has the Sapphire equivalent of this card for $220 AR. Don't see any free shipping outside their paid "club" program. However from the looks of it, the cooler seems superior to the MYST and easily worth the extra.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7670961

I submitted a price match with amazon. High taxes for me unfortunately.

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Rade...ie=UTF8&qid=1363179908&sr=8-1&keywords=7870xt

Update: There is also this one, HOWEVER, I don't see the game bundle anywhere on that page.

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=80887&vpn=AX7870 2GBD5-2DHPPV2E&manufacture=PowerColor

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
TD has the Sapphire equivalent of this card for $220 AR. Don't see any free shipping outside their paid "club" program. However from the looks of it, the cooler seems superior to the MYST and easily worth the extra.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7670961

I submitted a price match with amazon. High taxes for me unfortunately.

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Rade...ie=UTF8&qid=1363179908&sr=8-1&keywords=7870xt

Update: There is also this one, HOWEVER, I don't see the game bundle anywhere on that page.

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=80887&vpn=AX7870 2GBD5-2DHPPV2E&manufacture=PowerColor

That Sapphire looks like a great deal. I have to pay tax with TD also, so let's hope Amazon match it. Does it matter how many people submit the price match? Like more requests = more likely?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just picked one up from TD. Seemed like a decent enough deal with a better cooler than the PowerColor one.

This card came at the Perfect time. Tomb Raider struggles with TressFX on my GTX670, and this card (OC'd to 1100Mhz) runs the game an order of magnitude better....It's good being unbiased....

Ok - got mine and replaced my old 460GTX with it. At first, was horrified to discover Borderlands 2 was stuttering at the same video settings my 460 didn't have a problem with - plus the fan was noisy as hell when running games; sounded like a B-17 spooling up for take-off. Went online and discovered a lot of people were having the same issues (as luck would have it, most of them ALSO had just upgraded to it from a 460 card; gave me a warm feeling there) - there were a variety of solutions offered; the first one I tried worked perfectly - just make sure you go to AMD's website and download and install the custom application profiles after installing the full Catalyst drivers for the card:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

From the description, I had thought "those are just for people running Crossfire setups", but they're not - I had also assumed the latest full Catalyst driver would have included them, but apparently it doesn't either. All I had to do was install them and everything's running smooth as glass on my system now, noticeably better video quality (able to run higher settings) and frame rate than my old 460 card. And the fan is running very quietly now too.

As for required PSU grunt for this card, I've got it sitting in an Antec Sonata case with a 500w PSU and it's working just peachy in there. Was worried about temps with that cooler, but as I said - now that I've got those profiles loaded, even under full graphic load, I've yet to hear the fan spin up above a very very low hum.

Final note: I am getting an exceedingly faint whine in my speakers that I didn't have with the 460 card, but RF issues like that are very rig specific, so YMMV.

How do you request Amazon to PM this? Their FAQ says they don't offer PM:

"With the exception of televisions, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website)"

Good to see the Sapphire coming down. Would've purchased that instead of the Myst if it were $220 earlier.

Ok - got mine and replaced my old 460GTX with it. At first, was horrified to discover Borderlands 2 was stuttering at the same video settings my 460 didn't have a problem with - plus the fan was noisy as hell when running games; sounded like a B-17 spooling up for take-off. Went online and discovered a lot of people were having the same issues (as luck would have it, most of them ALSO had just upgraded to it from a 460 card; gave me a warm feeling there) - there were a variety of solutions offered; the first one I tried worked perfectly - just make sure you go to AMD's website and download and install the custom application profiles after installing the full Catalyst drivers for the card:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx

From the description, I had thought "those are just for people running Crossfire setups", but they're not - I had also assumed the latest full Catalyst driver would have included them, but apparently it doesn't either. All I had to do was install them and everything's running smooth as glass on my system now, noticeably better video quality (able to run higher settings) and frame rate than my old 460 card. And the fan is running very quietly now too.

As for required PSU grunt for this card, I've got it sitting in an Antec Sonata case with a 500w PSU and it's working just peachy in there. Was worried about temps with that cooler, but as I said - now that I've got those profiles loaded, even under full graphic load, I've yet to hear the fan spin up above a very very low hum.

Final note: I am getting an exceedingly faint whine in my speakers that I didn't have with the 460 card, but RF issues like that are very rig specific, so YMMV.

I went from a GTX 560 in SLI to this Card...No issue...though I was meticulous about removing any trace of nVidia from my system before swapping. Definite performance improvement....and from a single card....

The game bundle really makes the deal with a lot of these cards. Tomb Raider is excellent and Bioshock is shaping up nicely. I doubt I would have bought a new card if these games were not packed in.

The 13.2 Betas include the CAPS.

Which explains why I had no issues. Also, Huxley, I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't have gotten this if it weren't for the bundle. I was going to buy BIoshock and Tomb Raider anyway(a $110 value, in this reality), so I figured "$98 for what's basically a de-tuned 7950, is a deal to awesome to turn down". Overclocked it, and sitting pretty...it's nice seeing this card beat the hell out of my GTX670 in Tomb Raider and Dirt Showdown.

I went ahead and bit on the Sapphire from Amazon. I haven't spent this much on a graphics card in a long time, but it should be a big leap from my GTX 460 768MB. I just hope my older rig doesn't bottle-neck it too much, until I have the money to upgrade that too.

If I could kiss you right now, I totally would! :D

For me this ends up being $10 less than the NE deal since I do not pay taxes with TD and It comes with a better cooler! I am so grateful that I did not end up buying the used Power Color one from that one [H] member (minus the games) as this is a much, MUCH better deal!

HUZZAH!

How do you request Amazon to PM this? Their FAQ says they don't offer PM:

"With the exception of televisions, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website)"

Don't know about Price matching exactly but one time they were selling a video card for much higher than TD.
On Amazons product page, look under the Product Details section and there is a link that says "Tell us about a lower price".
I did that on the video card and sure enough later that day they dropped the price to what TD was selling for. I was totally shocked that it worked.

Still out of stock at Newegg and now Tiger. Superbiiz has both cards without rebates but with $10 code LUCKYVID to get free shipping and it comes with the game bundle. Amazon has the Sapphire with rebate and game bundle.

They seem to go quick. There's probably a lot of demand but it could be AMD doesn't make as many of these low binned GPUs as they can sell.

I game at 1440p, does it make sense for me to buy a second 7870 tahiti le. I have the money and feel like experimenting with crossfire a bit. I already have the powercolor myst and was thinking to pick up the sapphire version. If I am disappointed, I can choose which card to sell/keep.

Honestly though, I don't play any particular game that would be stressful enough yet, but I feel the itch.

Thoughts?

I'd atleast try it. I bought the myst and it only averages 43fps on the tomb raider benchmark on highest settings at 1920x1200. Thats overclocked to 1100 with a i7 920 @ 3.8.

I game at 1440p, does it make sense for me to buy a second 7870 tahiti le. I have the money and feel like experimenting with crossfire a bit. I already have the powercolor myst and was thinking to pick up the sapphire version. If I am disappointed, I can choose which card to sell/keep.

Honestly though, I don't play any particular game that would be stressful enough yet, but I feel the itch.

Thoughts?

Go for it.try the sapphire:)

I'd atleast try it. I bought the myst and it only averages 43fps on the tomb raider benchmark on highest settings at 1920x1200. Thats overclocked to 1100 with a i7 920 @ 3.8.

Yep same result here. plays good though.

I game at 1440p, does it make sense for me to buy a second 7870 tahiti le. I have the money and feel like experimenting with crossfire a bit. I already have the powercolor myst and was thinking to pick up the sapphire version.
Yes. You'll need it for the games out in the last couple months if you want to play at 60fps min. Put the sapphire on the inside.

I went ahead and picked up this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131487

Appears to be the same as the myst but with a slightly different cooler (maybe just fan shroud).

Err... that model isnt even listed on the official PC site (that I have seen). If anything, it appears to be this one. If that is the case then NG might have goofed up and listed it incorrectly? Searching for "2DHPPV2E" brings up mostly NG related searches.

I am sure I am wrong on this (as it peeked my curiosity and thus have not had much time to look into it) but I think you did not get an LE card. Hopefully other [H] members can clarify.

I have seen the card listed on other sites as a tahiti le/xt. Slickdeals has also been having a discussion about it.

Back