[Hot] PowerColor HD 7870 MYST. Ed. 2GB + Bioshock & Tombraider - $209 (no rebate!)

Who else loves to see "Out for delivery"!?

And who hates to see "Out of stock"?

\smarmy post ;)

Still not in stock, sorry to get anyone's hopes up with this thread coming back....

But, anyone have any opinions on this card. Only $10 more (and there is a rebate but, ya know). People talk about this power color card like it's a special deal. Is it really a stand out 7870 or would this HIS be a good bet for the money as well?

The PowerColor 7870 MYST is a "stand out" because it uses the Tahiti LE chip, which is actually a cut-down version of the 7950's Tahiti GPU. (The Tahiti LE series should really have been named the 7930.) A mild overclock easily puts the MYST into 7950 territory.
Check out these reviews for more info:

HardOCP's 7870 MYST review

TechPowerUp's review of another Tahiti LE card, the Club3d 7870 JokerCard

Tom's Hardware review of Tahiti LE

These reviews, and others, should help to explain why this card sold out at the $209 mark so fast at Newegg (they also convinced me to get one, myself). Originally they were priced at the $250-260 mark ...

Any better deals on GPU's? Is Ati vs nvidia war still close?

I don't know, I haven't really been keeping up.

Here's the Sapphire for $240 shipped, code MELTDOWN. Still comes with Bioshock/Tomb Raider, which given the market saturation for these two you'll probably be able to sell them for about 3 bux.

Still comes with Bioshock/Tomb Raider, which given the market saturation for these two you'll probably be able to sell them for about 3 bux.
I had planned on selling mine, but you're right. There is a flood of them out there right now, I'd just assume keep them and try them out. Some are trying to sell them for $45-50! :confused: Doesn't hurt to try I guess.

Edit: Look at me selling my codes now... What a chump I am ;)

Last edited:
I had planned on selling mine, but you're right. There is a flood of them out there right now, I'd just assume keep them and try them out. Some are trying to sell them for $45-50! :confused: Doesn't hurt to try I guess.

LOL! $50 that's like on ebay i saw ipad minis 16gb going for $360 30 over the msrp of $330:rolleyes:

LOL! $50 that's like on ebay i saw ipad minis 16gb going for $360 30 over the msrp of $330:rolleyes:

? I'm really confused by your post. Anyways I need to unload a couple of these codes too I have a FS thread in the proper section but it seems everyone is trying to sell them $50 or less which seems like a steal. Bioshock on its own is $60 on steam while tomb raider is $45.

There is no way id pay $50 for a game that is bundled with a video card. Wait a few weeks, they will be selling for $20 i bet.

There is no way id pay $50 for a game that is bundled with a video card. Wait a few weeks, they will be selling for $20 i bet.

Yea good luck with that.
And it's funny that you think Bioshock Infinite is worth less than MSRP because it is bundled with a video card.

Got the Sapphire 7870XT for $230/shipped with prime on Amazon. Your mileage may vary. May have got lucky.

Decided to jump on one even though I don't really need it. I figure if I can get close to $150 for my unlocked 6950 + $40ish for the games, this would essentially be a free upgrade for me.

edit: LOL @ Newegg claiming that the 2 games are a $150 value

Last edited:
Must resist.my 5870 needs an upgrade. cant decide between this and geforce gtx 660ti for $260:eek:

Must resist.my 5870 needs an upgrade. cant decide between this and geforce gtx 660ti for $260:eek:

Unless you just have to get a nVidia card, the 7930 generally is on par with the 660ti most games. With a slight OC, this card is basically on the level of a 7950 with Boost for $60 less than the 660ti.

The last few sentences of the [H] review sum it up pretty well:
You can achieve almost comparable performance for a lower price, and definitely faster than a stock GTX 660 Ti for the same price with this new video card. If it was the intent for this card to be a "GTX 660 Ti Killer" then it has been successful at carrying that out. If you are in the market for a card capable of delivering a great game play experience at 1920x1080 resolutions, then look no further than the PowerColor HD 7870 MYST as it provides near Radeon HD 7950 level performance for Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition pricing.

Last edited:
Too good to pass up , if I can sell the game bundle and clear 40-50 bucks, in for 1

hm... interesting

I guess I should upgrade and sell my 6950 on craigslist.
My buddy just sold his 6950 locally for $150, so no paypal, no shipping.

This seems like a no-brainer to sell the Bioshock inf. for $25-$30 and then it's a mere ~$30 upgrade.

Are the coupon codes for Bioshock & Tombraider different codes? or is one code that would have to be sold for both games?

How good would this card's cooler work in an FT02?

Also, with only 2GB, would down-scaling work well on this? I have a 1920x1200 monitor and was looking into getting a card that I can down-scale to that with.

Heck, I guess at this price, I could turn and sell the 7870 for $190, sell the games for $50-$60 and pocket the difference.

Man that is super tempting! I'm just not sure it's a worthy upgrade from my 5870 but $209 shipped is a steal! I I really want to hold out for a GTX680 though. Hmmmm.......

Back