[Hot] PowerColor HD 7870 MYST. Ed. 2GB + Bioshock & Tombraider - $209 (no rebate!)

SubtleOne

Limp Gawd
NewEgg is selling the Powercolor 7870 Myst Edition (a cut down 7950, not a souped up 7870) plus two games Bioshock Infinity and Tombraider for $209. There is no mail-in rebate required!

A review came out on Tom's Hardware where it consistently outgunned the 660Ti, and needless to say it is just as strong an overclocker as the 7950s.

Go get'em at NewEgg and use the code PWCHD7850 upon checkout.

Of course it goes down right after I buy... Warning, there are issues with the card esp with BF3- check forums for BSOD issues. Also, reviews on Newegg are being edited/witheld so I wouldn't go by the reviews there- the newegg of old seems to be gone..

what issues with BF3? I'm running a 6850 now and this seems to be a huge upgrade, but I love BF3, so that could be a turn off.

Bit for one, hard to pass up as I just sold my 6950@70.

Last edited:
Been waiting for a deal like this on a 7870. Anyone using one of these with a Storm Scout? According to specs, I'll have a whopping tenth of an inch of clearance.

Dammit! I had one in my cart and didn't check out immediately and it's OOS now! =(

Maybe I've been lucky but I've had no issues with BF3...but maybe I'm just lucky :)

this makes my gtx660ti for 230 bucks after rebate with one game look like a relatively cold deal now.

I picked up a couple from this thread. They're a little larger than I expected, not that I checked the dimensions. About an inch longer than an mATX motherboard. The cooling solution is okay, obviously with one fan it's not going to be as quiet as a dual or triple fan solution. Configured in crossfire the inner card suffocates badly, especially in an mATX case without a fan blowing in from the side. I adjused the fan profile for the front fan in my TJ08 to ramp up at a lower temp which helped.

Peformance is fairly impressive. I'm running with a mild overclock, I'm not going to push it inside this case, and this is what I'm getting.

1075core1560mem.jpg

(GPU 1 is the inner card, for some reason some of the stats for GPU2 don't show)

That's on a 2500K @ 4600. That's about the same as a non-OC 2x7950 on the same CPU, and 40% faster than a 7970 GHz edition for about the same price.

As you can see the inner card pegged the cpu fan which topped out at an impressive 4,200 rpm. At that speed it's loud. When I had one card in there it never got close to that. I've adjusted the fan profile and when running with vsync enabled it doesn't get near that, but it's still audible. If you're looking for quiet SLI this isn't your card unless you install waterblocks.

One thing I did notice, orginally after I installed the second card the inner card would reach 90C in about a minute on Furmark while the outer card would only be at about 65 (the outer card still only has about a half inch to breath). I swapped the cards and now they run at the same temps even though the outer one can breath better. When they're not new I'll probably remove the cooler and reseat it with fresh TIM.

Impressive for cheap cards. I'll be replacing the TIM right away when mine comes in. I'm hoping for 9000 with a single card, seems doable and along the lines of some of the reviews. That would double my single 6850 speed, which I'd be more than happy with. Should be here wednesday!

D'oh, OOS! Shouldn't have contemplated for so long. I need a decent GPU for my demo PC, and this would fit the bill.

I picked up a couple from this thread. They're a little larger than I expected, not that I checked the dimensions. About an inch longer than an mATX motherboard. The cooling solution is okay, obviously with one fan it's not going to be as quiet as a dual or triple fan solution. Configured in crossfire the inner card suffocates badly, especially in an mATX case without a fan blowing in from the side. I adjused the fan profile for the front fan in my TJ08 to ramp up at a lower temp which helped.

Peformance is fairly impressive. I'm running with a mild overclock, I'm not going to push it inside this case, and this is what I'm getting.

1075core1560mem.jpg

(GPU 1 is the inner card, for some reason some of the stats for GPU2 don't show)

That's on a 2500K @ 4600. That's about the same as a non-OC 2x7950 on the same CPU, and 40% faster than a 7970 GHz edition for about the same price.

As you can see the inner card pegged the cpu fan which topped out at an impressive 4,200 rpm. At that speed it's loud. When I had one card in there it never got close to that. I've adjusted the fan profile and when running with vsync enabled it doesn't get near that, but it's still audible. If you're looking for quiet SLI this isn't your card unless you install waterblocks.

One thing I did notice, orginally after I installed the second card the inner card would reach 90C in about a minute on Furmark while the outer card would only be at about 65 (the outer card still only has about a half inch to breath). I swapped the cards and now they run at the same temps even though the outer one can breath better. When they're not new I'll probably remove the cooler and reseat it with fresh TIM.

I know this is kind of a ghetto fix but you might want to try putting a fan on the outside of the case to push air from the cards and one at the end up the cards to pull the hot air from in between the crossfired cards, not sure how much room you have since you're a little cramped with a mATX case but its worth a shot.

Got one when they were $240...I love this card!! Regret not getting two and replacing my GTX670.

this is a great deal because of no rebates. My friend is looking for this, about to email him and DEAD.

this is a great deal because of no rebates. My friend is looking for this, about to email him and DEAD.
Yeah, sucks. But not technically dead until after 2/22. They're just out of stock. Maybe we'll be lucky and they get more in stock before 2/22.

Nice. Just bought 2.
Should be able to sell my 6950s and not have to spend much. The games are just icing on the cake.
Thanks OP

Sorry. I am sure they will come back in stock soon.
Before class this morning I put myself on auto-notify and never got an email, but I checked back a couple hours later and they had them. Still never got that email...

Before class this morning I put myself on auto-notify and never got an email, but I checked back a couple hours later and they had them. Still never got that email...
Yeah, I never got an email either. Too quick? I'll probably get one tomorrow saying they are in stock 1:25EST 2/18/13. Ha... Newegg, you old fool.

If this comes back in stock, would it be worth upgrading an unlocked 6950? I only play at 1080p, and I was planning on just waiting until the next gen cards come out in a few months.

If this comes back in stock, would it be worth upgrading an unlocked 6950? I only play at 1080p, and I was planning on just waiting until the next gen cards come out in a few months.
All depends on what it's worth to you. Dark12 seems to think so. You can you always be waiting for the next thing. If you're happy with what you've got, you may want to consider holding on to it, but coming from me, I never hold to any system/component for very long. I could title my rigs by the month.

I was going to jump on that but I will wait a little while. Prices will come down a bit once Titan is out.

Figures it gets in stock when I was out for a lunch meeting and is gone by the time I get out. A question to my fellow [H] brothers currently I'm running a GTX 280 and a Q6600 at 3ghz yes I know anciet tech. What do you guys think would be a better overall upgrade getting this video card or upgrading to a i5 3570K? I know the rig overhaul is more expensive but I can only do one or the other.

Figures it gets in stock when I was out for a lunch meeting and is gone by the time I get out. A question to my fellow [H] brothers currently I'm running a GTX 280 and a Q6600 at 3ghz yes I know anciet tech. What do you guys think would be a better overall upgrade getting this video card or upgrading to a i5 3570K? I know the rig overhaul is more expensive but I can only do one or the other.

Do you live close to a Micrometer? It terms of Windows 7/8 responsiveness if you have a decent SSD you will not see a difference. I have 2500k, 3570k, 3770k and Q9550. I will be selling most of it since my wife is killing. If you care for BF3 then I would advise up upgrade but I am not sure about other games. I would recommend 3570k and a new video card.

Do you live close to a Micrometer? It terms of Windows 7/8 responsiveness if you have a decent SSD you will not see a difference. I have 2500k, 3570k, 3770k and Q9550. I will be selling most of it since my wife is killing. If you care for BF3 then I would advise up upgrade but I am not sure about other games. I would recommend 3570k and a new video card.

I'm about 40 minutes from Microcenter and I've seen the deals they are running I can get a i5 3570K, Asrock mobo and 16GB of ram for 340 before tax. I'd love to upgrade my whole rig but right now its one or the other. I'm just wondering what would give me a bigger boost new cpu or a better video card.

I'm about 40 minutes from Microcenter and I've seen the deals they are running I can get a i5 3570K, Asrock mobo and 16GB of ram for 340 before tax. I'd love to upgrade my whole rig but right now its one or the other. I'm just wondering what would give me a bigger boost new cpu or a better video card.

Buy new gpu, line up buyers for other components and when ur ready to sell them go buy the components u want from mc. Although they are old you can still get decent $ sellimg ur old stuff

Yeah Where's my email?:confused: stupid newegg:mad:
No I think you'll make it till the 7970's come down or 8870 comes out.

Get the graphics card and just overclock the cpu.;)

Buy new gpu, line up buyers for other components and when ur ready to sell them go buy the components u want from mc. Although they are old you can still get decent $ sellimg ur old stuff

True but that prob will bottleneck that card. I was on a qx 6700 @ 2.9 and that was bottlenecking my 560ti in BF3 big time.

Still not in stock, sorry to get anyone's hopes up with this thread coming back....

But, anyone have any opinions on this card. Only $10 more (and there is a rebate but, ya know). People talk about this power color card like it's a special deal. Is it really a stand out 7870 or would this HIS be a good bet for the money as well?

Still not in stock, sorry to get anyone's hopes up with this thread coming back....

But, anyone have any opinions on this card. Only $10 more (and there is a rebate but, ya know). People talk about this power color card like it's a special deal. Is it really a stand out 7870 or would this HIS be a good bet for the money as well?
I can only comment on how hideous and oversized the cooler is... Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I would get the CPU/Ram/Mobo first. A new card is just going to be bottlenecked. If you can spare even a little cash after that sell your 280 and upgrade to a 460/470/480/560ti/6870/6950 and you'll see a huge boost without buying a brand new card

Back