[Hot] PowerColor HD 7870 MYST. Ed. 2GB + Bioshock & Tombraider - $209 (no rebate!)

I'm on Newegg's hot deal list and I didn't see any coupons about this deal.

What error are you getting? Try Egg's "clear cart" link. I assume you're logged in.

Just cleared my cart and re-added it and the code worked.

Their thing is retarded. Old codes that have expired or also affect price will prevent new ones from working. I imagine they do it on purpose.

Their thing is retarded. Old codes that have expired or also affect price will prevent new ones from working. I imagine they do it on purpose.

Agreed. I'd tried to buy something with an expired promo code last week. This week, I decided that Asus 24" monitor deal was too good to pass up, so I tried to get it with the promo code - it kept telling me the previous promo code was no good, not adding the new one I was entering in. Clearing/refilling my cart didn't seem to do anything. Short of running CCleaner and having it empty out Chrome's "memory", I just shrugged and pulled the site up on a different browser to make my purchase, but it was definitely somewhat painful.

Side note: I love this card. I'm getting 40+ fps in Tomb Raider at 1920x1080 with everything on highest/ultra quality including TressFX (except AA, which I dropped down to either 8x or 4x, I can't remember which at this point). Core i5 2500k running stock speeds, 8GB of DDR3, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. And I'm never hearing the fan spool up either. My old GTX460 card sounded like a B-17 spooling up for take-off and I actually had it overheat-to-lock on long sessions of TF2.

Side note: I love this card. I'm getting 40+ fps in Tomb Raider at 1920x1080 with everything on highest/ultra quality including TressFX (except AA, which I dropped down to either 8x or 4x, I can't remember which at this point). Core i5 2500k running stock speeds, 8GB of DDR3, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. And I'm never hearing the fan spool up either. My old GTX460 card sounded like a B-17 spooling up for take-off and I actually had it overheat-to-lock on long sessions of TF2.
You've given me a peace of mind on ordering the GPU yesterday before it went OOS. I have almost exactly the same setup as you do with the new GPU (upgrading from a 6850), so reading your comment on the Tomb Raider with the max settings with TressFX enabled and seeing that you have been getting 40+FPS with it, I know I'll be very happy with the card too.

Can't wait to receive it by FedEx tomorrow afternoon. :D

Anybody downloaded their free copy of Bioshock: Infinite and tried it out on this card yet? I'm getting some weirdness in it that I don't actually think is the card's fault...all the settings on "ultra" are giving me 50-62fps (according to the game's built in benchmarking utility). When moving forward and back, and strafing left and right, it's absolutely smooth as glass. But when using the mouse to rotate your view left and right or up and down, it's like there's a minimum "arc" of rotation you have to traverse, it's not smooth - it's like "step...step...step". It's not a frame rate issue - if I move the mouse really slowly, the view pans click...click...click rather than sliiiiiiide (ok, it's hard to describe, I'm just wondering if anybody else has noticed this)... Oh - and resolution doesn't make a difference; I turned it down to "very low" graphical quality and the lowest resolution - insane framerates, but turning in place, "click click click"...

Try it yourself - at the beginning, after you've gotten off the boat, stand on the dock and then slowly look horizontally to your left with the mouse and tell me the view doesn't seem to "click click click" as you turn in place...

Anybody downloaded their free copy of Bioshock: Infinite and tried it out on this card yet? I'm getting some weirdness in it that I don't actually think is the card's fault...all the settings on "ultra" are giving me 50-62fps (according to the game's built in benchmarking utility). When moving forward and back, and strafing left and right, it's absolutely smooth as glass. But when using the mouse to rotate your view left and right or up and down, it's like there's a minimum "arc" of rotation you have to traverse, it's not smooth - it's like "step...step...step". It's not a frame rate issue - if I move the mouse really slowly, the view pans click...click...click rather than sliiiiiiide (ok, it's hard to describe, I'm just wondering if anybody else has noticed this)... Oh - and resolution doesn't make a difference; I turned it down to "very low" graphical quality and the lowest resolution - insane framerates, but turning in place, "click click click"...

Try it yourself - at the beginning, after you've gotten off the boat, stand on the dock and then slowly look horizontally to your left with the mouse and tell me the view doesn't seem to "click click click" as you turn in place...

Have you tried turning off mouse acceleration in the Bioshock settings?

I got mine yesterday and was pleased to see it sealed in plastic wrap. Love getting hardware sealed in plastic make sure it is fresh and hasn't been tampered with. Got the game coupon as well.

Great deal. :)

I've been reluctant to buy a card this power hungry/large as I have an ITX board and 400w power supply (30A on +12V so it should power this). I've finally decided to pull the trigger though and decided that I'll get a CoolerMaster Elite 120 to fit this thing. In the mean time the ITX board is living in a mid tower. The performance difference over a 7850 for the small price difference was ultimately too much to ignore. Maybe I can do some bitcoin mining while the market is still red hot as well.

I guess we'll see what happens.

You using the code PWCHD7870 or the one in the original post? I used the PWCHD7870 code earlier this evening fine.

I'm dumb, I would have ordered it too earlier if I was smarter. But, now that when I am home, it isn't in stock anymore.

Also, will I get cpu bottlenecks if I replace my 4870 with this? Stats in sig.

Are you OC? You'll get some bottlenecking but not enough to put off the upgrade.

No over clock. just stocks speeds with speedstep on. It usually runs at 1.2ghz. I mainly play LoL, but I still notice fps drops from time to time. And this card would be perfect as an upgrade. I don't plan on playing bioshock infinite or even TR, so I could probably just sell the codes to even off set the price more.

Showing up as $229AR.

Hmm, not for me.

Our Price: $229.99 USD
Savings Code 78372-1316. SAVE $30.00 off our regular price of $259.99 if you buy today! Special price ends 07/03/2013. Limit 2 per customer.
HURRY! Limited Quantities at this price! No rainchecks or price matches at this special pricing. In-store stock does not reflect number of units available at this price.

After Mail In Rebate: $209.99 USD
Save $20.00USD with manufacturer's mail-in rebate!
Valid from Jun 27, 2013 to Jun 30, 2013. Limit 1 rebate(s) per customer. Other conditions may apply.

fwiw, this card sucks for mining LTC. Other users report getting it to 400kH/s, but it wouldn't go above 320 for me.

I sold it to a co-worker about 2 months after I bought it.

Back