[Hot] PowerColor HD 7870 MYST. Ed. 2GB + Bioshock & Tombraider - $209 (no rebate!)

picked one up to replace a 6970

similar performance, lower TDP.

plus I wanted the games.

DOH: wonder if there is any water blocks for these ? Hopefully my old MCW82 might fit.

Unless you just have to get a nVidia card, the 7930 generally is on par with the 660ti most games. With a slight OC, this card is basically on the level of a 7950 with Boost for $60 less than the 660ti.

Dang! everytime i think im going nvidai i wind up with a radeon Lol!:D
But really though thanks for the convincing talk.all your fault now:D

The last few sentences of the [H] review sum it up pretty well:

Man that is super tempting! I'm just not sure it's a worthy upgrade from my 5870 but $209 shipped is a steal! I I really want to hold out for a GTX680 though. Hmmmm.......

Upgrade that 5870 man you can get a 680/7970 later:eek:
Snagged one. Thanks OP.

Yeah thanks op you the man:)

picked one up to replace a 6970

similar performance, lower TDP.

plus I wanted the games.

DOH: wonder if there is any water blocks for these ? Hopefully my old MCW82 might fit.

Pretty sure Tahiti beats 6970:p

Got a 2nd one via this deal. The thing that Pushed me WAS the two games, I'd prefer Tomb Raider over Crysis 3 personally. As this will be replacing the two GTX 560's in my #2 I was really leaning toward the 7950 Boost, but for a LOT less money and a tiny loss of performance I get two games I'm going to actually play. It's funny that Two of these still cost me less than the Single GTX670 I have and together will absolutely crush that card. Hell, even one by itself and overclocked would give the GTX670 a run for it's money. Really wish AMD labeled these Radeon 7930's but I'm not sure we'd be seeing these awesome prices if it were that.

Last edited:
does anybody else find it odd that the coupon code for a 7870 is PWCHD7850 ??

great deal OP. The code is still working for me. I ordered one just a few hours ago.
I'm going to sell my 6950 and the game codes.

Would it work to register the AMD code, then when I get the code for Bioshock I can just sell that one separate (and keep the Tomb Raider code)?

The deal is now front page at Slickdeals. Get it now before it's gone!

Damnit .. I got in on the PowerColor and was going to return my unopened Amazon Sapphire 7870XT. But when I got home today, my dogs apparently decided to eat the thing. I have to test to see if it works, but they ate the Amazon box, the outer card box, the static wrap, and bent the frame to the thing.

So I guess I have to cancel the NewEgg one.

Speaking of which, LOL at the "$149 value" for the game bundle. We're only getting two games, right? Because that means they're valuing the games at $75/ea.

I missed it again... OOS

Might be able to help ya. I haven't cancelled my NewEgg order yet. If you were willing to pay shipping and cover any PayPal fees, I could probably hook you up.

Might be able to help ya. I haven't cancelled my NewEgg order yet. If you were willing to pay shipping and cover any PayPal fees, I could probably hook you up.

I appreciate the offer, but I didn't really need it. I had the thing in my cart all day trying to figure out a way to explain its necessity to my wife. It going out of stock is just the cosmos way of preventing another 'you spent how much on computer stuff' discussion!

I appreciate the offer, but I didn't really need it. I had the thing in my cart all day trying to figure out a way to explain its necessity to my wife. It going out of stock is just the cosmos way of preventing another 'you spent how much on computer stuff' discussion!

If he doesn't want to take it off your hands I MAY be interested in it. Just would need to know what the damage will be.

Thanks

Edit: In DIRE need of a new card... this GTX 460 768mb is seriously lacking.

heh. My wife started to ask if that means she can get a Kindle.... then I told her how this "upgrade" was only going to cost me $10.

:D

heh. My wife started to ask if that means she can get a Kindle.... then I told her how this "upgrade" was only going to cost me $10.

:D

Haha my wife was giving me the "you bought MORE computer stuff?" look, but she was fine with it when I told her it was at most going to cost me like $10-20 after I sell stuff.

I would have to flat out lie and get this thing shipped to my work. I just bought this Note 2 for $300 about a month ago so don't think I could get another $210 by her so soon. But she is taking a trip down to Florida in May with a couple girlfriends so I could always play that card.

My wife, thankfully, doesn't give me a hard time about me buying stuff. She sees just as many boxes get delivered as leave. Plus, I get her anything she wants. I spoil my girls, you better believe it!

sometimes I should not explain my gf the difference between things. I explained to her the difference between SSDs and plate Hard Drives but I bet she does not really remember much about that, the only thing she took from the whole thing was that SSDs are much more expensive than regular HDs. Of course I just bought an SSD and she bitched me out because she knows I spent more for what is to her the same thing.

Anyways sorry to go off topic.

Mine's on the way, nice to be able to get $300 performance for $209, along with 2 more games I'll feel guilty about not having enough time to play. :D

And this card is going to make 3 people happy: I'll be giving my old GTX460 card to my 10 year old (along with an AMD FX6300, 970A Mobo and 8GB of DDR3 - which all together cost about the same as this card did), and he'll be giving his entire PC (AMD Phenom 550BE w/Radeon 4850) to his 7 year old sister, who's been bitterly complaining about Minecraft stuttering on her P4 Northwood, nVidia 6800 (AGP, no less) system that will finally be retired... Assembly line upgrades rock.

I bought one of these through Superbiiz.com. It was $30 more. But I didn't feel like spending $300 for a 660ti (even though i have been nvidia for 8 years or so). Its nice to change up, hope my experience is pleasent.

PS. If anyone buys from Superbiiz.com, COUPON CODE : SHOPTECH for $5 off.

Amazon has the Radeon 7870 XT which is the same card as the Myst for $245 a little more pricey but for Prime members its not a bad deal.

Amazon has the Radeon 7870 XT which is the same card as the Myst for $245 a little more pricey but for Prime members its not a bad deal.

Amazon Charges me tax so I went to superbiiz. Disappointed they didn't ship today though.

I've been eyeballing this card for a little bit but decided to pay the extra $25.99 AR for the Sapphire 7870 XT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202024

The cooler on there is vastly superior to the powercolor one. In several reviews you can see it only around 65C fully overclocked.

Here are some reviews for reference:

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/revie...iti-le-graphics-card-review-introduction.html

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/51...oost_overclocked_video_card_review/index.html

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/sapphire-hd7870-w-boost-tahiti-le-review/

http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews...rds/sapphire-radeon-hd-7870-xt-1130535/review

TD has the same price as NE on the Sapphire card.

Wow good find, actually its a little cheaper there. ~$5 depending on how much your shipping costs

Not sure if it comes with free games though, don't see it anywhere on there

Canceled my order with Superbiiz and went to the Tigerdirect (sapphire) Card. It was 1-2 day shipping yesterday, and now there back ordered. :(

So I got the PowerColor and as per my previous posting, can't return my Sapphire. So if anyone wants the PowerColor. Unopened, game coupon unscratched. You just pay the shipping/paypal fees.

Not making a profit, just looking to help one of you out.

Z06 has first dibs because of I feel for him (cancelling only to be backordered).

Been waiting for a deal like this on a 7870. Anyone using one of these with a Storm Scout? According to specs, I'll have a whopping tenth of an inch of clearance.

I'm using a 7970 in my storm scout but have to use the top pci slot

I'm using a 7970 in my storm scout but have to use the top pci slot

Storm Scout is a bit bigger (and better) than the Antec 900 that I put this 7930 in, and I could put two of these in this case(after a hard drive dance), I imagine you shouldn't have an issue.

The Powercolor has $30 off with the code.

That's probably a much better cooler though.

I have mine running at 1100/1500. Nice replacement for a 570. Already sold the coupon on [H] for $50. So it really cost me $159.

Just got my confirmation for will-call pickup. Now just to think of an excuse to get out of work early.

I was going to sell my coupon, but after I read a little about Tomb Raider, I caved.

I will sell the Bioshock infinite code though when I get it. I bought the original bioshock and it didn't hold my interest.

I had to flash my motherboard bios to get my card to work. It was very weird.

I was going to sell my coupon, but after I read a little about Tomb Raider, I caved.

I will sell the Bioshock infinite code though when I get it. I bought the original bioshock and it didn't hold my interest.

I had to flash my motherboard bios to get my card to work. It was very weird.

Same here. I've never gotten into the Bioshock games. Tomb Raider tho, I saw some gameplay videos on yotuube and I'm looking forward to playing it on my HTPC and 60 inch TV.

I just got mine, but it might go be back or Ill sale it here for what I paid, if I can't get my mcw82 to fit without major headache. So much for universal blocks being universal :mad:

Back