Hot: Powercolor AX 7950 $269 (NO MIR)

Wow this is a deal, 3 of these in tri-fire for $750 plus free games against 1 Titan for $1000. That kinda puts the pricing strategy from NVidia into perspective.

Wow this is a deal, 3 of these in tri-fire for $750 plus free games against 1 Titan for $1000. That kinda puts the pricing strategy from NVidia into perspective.

I agree. I actually just pulled the trigger on 2 of these. Talked to a co-worker and I sold him 1 copy of crysis 3 and bioshock.

With my sapphire I have now, that will be around $815 iv spent on 3 cards overall...Not bad at all :) Now its time to see if its enough to max out Crysis 3 @ 120hz!

I agree. I actually just pulled the trigger on 2 of these. Talked to a co-worker and I sold him 1 copy of crysis 3 and bioshock.

With my sapphire I have now, that will be around $815 iv spent on 3 cards overall...Not bad at all :) Now its time to Dear valued customer,

we would like to inform you, that a new version of AnyDVD
has been released. Here the list of fixes and improvements:

7.1.7.0 2013 03 22
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (DVD): Support for new discs
- New: Added Cinavia fix for PowerDVD 12.0.2625.57
- New: Rip to image sparse file creation is now optional
- New: Added dialog, if settings change require a restart
- Change: Restored Windows 2000 compatibility
- Fix: Disabling Cinavia detection didn't work with ArcSoft
TMT 5.3.1.172
- Fix: Some compatibility problems with disabling Cinavia detection
- Fix: Setup hung, if machine was running on battery power
- Fix (Blu-ray): Hang with some discs during logfile creation
- Fix (Blu-ray): Incorrect handling of some discs
- Updated languages
- Some minor fixes and improvements

The update is free for all registered customers, of course.
Just install the new version on top of your current version,
regardless which version you have installed:
http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

If your license has expired you must renew before you install the update
or else your product will stop working.
https://secure.slysoft.com/renewal.php

Have fun with AnyDVD!

Gordon Reeves
Customer Care Center

If you would like to discontinue receiving e-mails from SlySoft,
please use the following link to unsubscribe from our newsletter:
https://secure.slysoft.com/unsubscribe.php
--
SlySoft, Inc.
P.O. Box W874
St. John's
Antigua and Barbudasee if its enough to max out Crysis 3 @ 120hz!

Well my 3 7970s running Crysis 3 at 2560 x 1080 on my new LG 29 in Ultrawide moniter all settings Ingame Max I get anywhere from 60 to 100 Fps, I'd have to dumb down settings to get to 120fps consistent. I don't really think the game looks that great for the chugging performance it delivers.

Holy! What's the catch? This is the cheapest 7950 I've ever seen. So what's wrong with it? Won't overclock or something?

Holy! What's the catch? This is the cheapest 7950 I've ever seen. So what's wrong with it? Won't overclock or something?

Poor stock cooler.
But for this price, you can pick up a AIO water cooler and still come in around $300 for a liquid cooled 7950.

FML. Had to happen a week after I bought the 7870 Myst for $239. I didn't want to pay a $60 premium for the 7950, but I would have paid an extra $30.

Still, I got Tomb Raider instead of Crysis 3 -- that's worth something.

Dammit man! I had my heart set on a GTX680 and have been looking for a deal but man this is hard to pass up. Only a little slower but $100 cheaper. Hmmmm......Damn why cant Nvidia ever have sales like these?

**edit**

I just re-read the Crysis 3 IQ reviews on [H] and Im gonna hold off. This is a smoking deal but I don't want to have to lower that many settings on a brand new card. I can play now with a bunch of settings lowered. I want to upgrade so I don't have to lower settings in new games so Im gonna suck it up and hold out for a 7970/GTX680 to go on sale somewhere which is what I really want.

Last edited:
Why do manufacturer's still insist on a loud small single fan design? :( Why not go sapphire or Gigabyte style and slam 2-3 big fans on there that move slowly and arent loud?

Why do manufacturer's still insist on a loud small single fan design? :( Why not go sapphire or Gigabyte style and slam 2-3 big fans on there that move slowly and arent loud?
Fans/copper heatpipes cost money. This 7950 was down to $280/$260AR about a week ago if that's what you're looking for.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7542562&CatId=7387

As for which AIO would work best...Whichever you can find cheapest. There's a ton out there now.
Antec Kuhler
NZXT Kraken
Corsair Hydro
CoolerMaster Seidon
Zalman LQ
TT Water2.0

It is a excellent deal but this particular cooler design is absolute rubbish. MSI Twin Frozr and Asus DirectCU are an absolute bliss for my ears. They are absolutely quiet even at 60%.

Dammit man! I had my heart set on a GTX680 and have been looking for a deal but man this is hard to pass up. Only a little slower but $100 cheaper. Hmmmm......Damn why cant Nvidia ever have sales like these?

**edit**

I just re-read the Crysis 3 IQ reviews on [H] and Im gonna hold off. This is a smoking deal but I don't want to have to lower that many settings on a brand new card. I can play now with a bunch of settings lowered. I want to upgrade so I don't have to lower settings in new games so Im gonna suck it up and hold out for a 7970/GTX680 to go on sale somewhere which is what I really want.

Could you point me in the direction where you're getting 680's for $350? Cheapest I could find was $426.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=83&sort=a5

I purchased one of these a couple weeks ago for this price. Have the card at 1100/1400 temps around 77C at 80%ish fan speeds, the heatsink sucks and the fan is loud as all hell, but you can't beat that price / performance. I just played Crysis 3 for the first time today, at 1440p I had to turn the AA down to medium but my frame rates are around 40ish, still looks fantastic

Last edited:
The cooler on this is ok if you're using it as a single card, but it'll be hot in Crossfire. One of these for the inside card and a used Antec 620 or Zalman LQ-310 would keep it cool and quiet (any Asetek made AIO cooler would work).

The cooler on this is ok if you're using it as a single card, but it'll be hot in Crossfire. One of these for the inside card and a used Antec 620 or Zalman LQ-310 would keep it cool and quiet (any Asetek made AIO cooler would work).

I think with any crossfire setup you would have to worry about heat.

Luckily I'll have 1 230mm and 4 120mm fans blowing on the 3 cards.

I Also have 3 brackets for the AIO coolers for the 7k series, might pickup 3 watercoolers for them as well.

Either way great price!

Those brackets are a two slot solution? 'Cus I need one for an mATX Crossfire build.

Those brackets are a two slot solution? 'Cus I need one for an mATX Crossfire build.

The brackets aren't much of an issue - it's the pump/block/tubing. I'd suggest that you get an AIO that has rubber tubing, and not the thick stuff like the Corsair H80i/H100i.

A single poor fan that will sound like a jet engine most of the time and a GPU that will run hotter than hell.

Only reason you'd buy this card is if you were putting liquid cooling on it.

A single poor fan that will sound like a jet engine most of the time and a GPU that will run hotter than hell.

Only reason you'd buy this card is if you were putting liquid cooling on it.

Yep, exactly.

NECROOOOO.

These were on sale this week again, $269 with $20 MIR, and I ordered one. Any of you that bought this back in March have big-time heat issues I need to worry about? I'm going to be running a single card in a custom open-air desktop top situation..

Back