HOT! PNY GTX 660 Ti 2GB w/ Metro Last Light for $200 shipped @ the egg after $25 MIR

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-133-466&Tpk=N82E16814133466

$255 minus 25 dollar rebate check back. Allowed up to three per address/household/etc.

Add a tiny filler item like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=12-189-268&Tpk=N82E16812189268 for 99 cents and you can use coupon code BOOSTTHIRTY to take off $30, making it $225 shipped minus MIR.

Alternatively you can eschew the filler and just use 10% off code VGA0509 to get it for $230 shipped minus MIR (works on multiple cards in the same order).

For those not wanting Metro Last Light it ebays for about $30-35 currently. which makes the end cost of this about 170 if you go that route after rebate.

Surprised this isn't garnering much interest... here's a review from March of the GTX Titan with two 660 Ti SLI compared... they beat the Titan in almost every test even at 2560x1600 with AA, and with this deal cost $350-420 in the end (depending on if you sell the game coupons). Yeah, it's SLI, but there aren't really any issues with it as compared to crossfire, overall. Unless you're going for Titan SLI or something ($2k, and most of those people won't be looking at this thread probably anyway...) there's no better value by a longshot than this :). Noise and heat are respectable per reviews (low noise, somewhat higher temps but they exhaust out the back anyway).

In for two myself to tide me over until Maxwell ;). I'm passing on SLI 780's at this point after seeing this deal... it's too good to pass up.

Gotta wait only a bit for the 700 series...

Sure, which will be...

GTX 770 ~$400 and a little faster than the 680 (which is much much slower than the titan which two of these at $350 total beat out)

GTX 780 $500-600 and slower than the Titan

As I said in my previous post and linked proof of, 2x of these in SLI are as fast as and often 10-15% faster than a Titan, and it comes out to ~4$10 after rebate minus whatever you sell the metro last light games for (they go for 35ish or so on ebay), making it around 350 after all's said and done ;). There is simply no better value going in video cards now or in the next months coming. The caveat being, of course, it's two cards... but if you're looking at dual titans these would be of no interest anyway.

EDIT: Oops, just realized I mentioned but didn't link the review from March 2013... http://www.techspot.com/review/644-nvidia-geforce-titan/page4.html .

Good deal, but that cooler sucks balls. I had one on the PNY 670GTX.

Good deal, but that cooler sucks balls. I had one on the PNY 670GTX.

I've heard it before in-person... it's a very minor sound even in a normal chasis (reviews mention it as quiet too). Personally I have a Fractal R3 which has noise dampening foam, which will make it even lesser of an already non-issue :). This is the only forum I've noticed a couple of people harp about the cooler on... :confused: .

Sure, which will be...

GTX 770 ~$400 and a little faster than the 680 (which is much much slower than the titan which two of these at $350 total beat out)

GTX 780 $500-600 and slower than the Titan

As I said in my previous post and linked proof of, 2x of these in SLI are as fast as and often 10-15% faster than a Titan, and it comes out to ~4$10 after rebate minus whatever you sell the metro last light games for (they go for 35ish or so on ebay), making it around 350 after all's said and done ;). There is simply no better value going in video cards now or in the next months coming. The caveat being, of course, it's two cards... but if you're looking at dual titans these would be of no interest anyway.

EDIT: Oops, just realized I mentioned but didn't link the review from March 2013... http://www.techspot.com/review/644-nvidia-geforce-titan/page4.html .

I'll be quite surprised if the 700 series doesn't knock down the prices of the previous generation at least some. :rolleyes:

I'll be quite surprised if the 700 series doesn't knock down the prices of the previous generation at least some. :rolleyes:

Considering these cards are $300 MSRP and this deal is for around $175... just how much do you think they will drop ;)? That's patently absurd....

EDIT: Re: noise... "For the Zotac and EVGA cards noise levels are roughly equal with the reference GTX 680, which will be important to remember for when we’re looking at performance."

That's in a review roundup with the evga sc card, which uses the same fan as this deal, on anandtech. http://www.anandtech.com/show/6159/the-geforce-gtx-660-ti-review/19 Both are quiet.

Last edited:
I've heard it before in-person... it's a very minor sound even in a normal chasis (reviews mention it as quiet too). Personally I have a Fractal R3 which has noise dampening foam, which will make it even lesser of an already non-issue :). This is the only forum I've noticed a couple of people harp about the cooler on... :confused: .

If noise bothers you these stock coolers are always loud. In the winter they are fine, in the summer they aren't. I have a Corsair 550D with anti noise foam to and a single fan card is loud regardless in the summer.

I will never get a single fan cooler again, it is just too loud and the temps go higher. Each to their own.

If you can take a stock cooler, this is a good deal. Might be worth waiting for a GTX760 non-ti or 750 to see how it performs though.

If noise bothers you these stock coolers are always loud. In the winter they are fine, in the summer they aren't. I have a Corsair 550D with anti noise foam to and a single fan card is loud regardless in the summer.

I will never get a single fan cooler again, it is just too loud and the temps go higher. Each to their own.

If you can take a stock cooler, this is a good deal. Might be worth waiting for a GTX760 non-ti or 750 to see how it performs though.
nearly all single fan coolers are just fine but the reference 670/660ti cooler is a cheap pos. dont bother arguing with him about that though cause he will never concede that.

I have this exact model that I grabbed on a deal not too long ago. The stock cooler on it is garbage. Even at idle it makes an annoying humming sound and gets too hot. Granted, if your overall system is loud you might not notice. I use a Fractal R4 with quiet fans and a quiet Seasonic , for noise/airflow balance, but the annoying drone still comes through when it's quiet.

In the end I just ended up grabbing a mono plus cooler from AC. Not only is it quiet, the temps are way better now (doesn't hit above 60C on load, before it would touch the 70s). If you don't mind the hassle of getting one of these and sticking on an aftermarket cooler (or don't mind the noise) this is a decent deal.

This is basically what's inside the shroud: http://i.imgur.com/BayMi0G.jpg

lol Nvidia should be ashamed of themselves for sticking such a pitiful cooler on the 660ti and 670. the 460 and 560 coolers where much better and those were cheaper cards.

This would be a good candidate for a closed loop water cooling mod this deal is close to being as good as the poweercolor 7870 xt myst edition deal a while ago especially for those that prefer nvidia

lol Nvidia should be ashamed of themselves for sticking such a pitiful cooler on the 660ti and 670. the 460 and 560 coolers where much better and those were cheaper cards.

They're fine for reference coolers, as I said pretty quiet overall (I've used 670 references in systems before)... warmer than you'd like for overclocking but it's a reference cooler, not a custom super-uber one ;). They're hardly "pitiful" :p. Reviews seem to universally agree with my analysis.

Price is fantastic, but the cooler is pos. Btw, I did deal with some micro stutter, when I ran sli 660 ti's (asus dc2's).

They're fine for reference coolers, as I said pretty quiet overall (I've used 670 references in systems before)... warmer than you'd like for overclocking but it's a reference cooler, not a custom super-uber one ;). They're hardly "pitiful" :p. Reviews seem to universally agree with my analysis.
no they are pitiful especially for 300 to 400 MSRP card. and the reviews that talk about the cooler mention how cheap it is and that resonates or makes an odd noise. once again you will be about the only one to defend it and I will never figure out why.

The 560ti cooler certainly was loud, but it did keep the temps at safe levels. But at 60-65% it was just loud, even in a noise minimizing case with nice airflow and front fans. Opening the side panel and adding two more 120mms didn't do anything for it. Playing a game like Alan Wake and I would be able to hear the fan over my headset (unless it was a really loud and action filled scene) easily.

Again, I'd never get a single fan cooler. It depends on how much noise annoys you. Considering MSI and Galaxy only charge $15 or so more for a better cooler, and typically overclocked more, it is an easy choice IMO. That being said, the versions with stock coolers tend to get bigger discounts with rebates.

So close to the 700 series, I'm hesitant to buy anything regardless of how good of a deal it is.

The 560ti cooler certainly was loud, but it did keep the temps at safe levels. But at 60-65% it was just loud, even in a noise minimizing case with nice airflow and front fans. Opening the side panel and adding two more 120mms didn't do anything for it. Playing a game like Alan Wake and I would be able to hear the fan over my headset (unless it was a really loud and action filled scene) easily.

Again, I'd never get a single fan cooler. It depends on how much noise annoys you. Considering MSI and Galaxy only charge $15 or so more for a better cooler, and typically overclocked more, it is an easy choice IMO. That being said, the versions with stock coolers tend to get bigger discounts with rebates.
my reference 560 cooler made no noise at all above the other fans which are already quiet. my non reference single fan cooler on this gtx660ti has never made a peep either.

Pretty surprised how this thread turned out. This is the best price [H] Deals has seen on a 660 Ti by like $40 and all people are talking about is how the cooler isn't the best and that the $400 770 is coming soon...

Also, the reference 660 cards use a different cooler than the 670 cards, even though they look the same.

Surprised this isn't garnering much interest... here's a review from March of the GTX Titan with two 660 Ti SLI compared... they beat the Titan in almost every test even at 2560x1600 with AA, and with this deal cost $350-420 in the end (depending on if you sell the game coupons). Yeah, it's SLI, but there aren't really any issues with it as compared to crossfire, overall. Unless you're going for Titan SLI or something ($2k, and most of those people won't be looking at this thread probably anyway...) there's no better value by a longshot than this :). Noise and heat are respectable per reviews (low noise, somewhat higher temps but they exhaust out the back anyway).

In for two myself to tide me over until Maxwell ;). I'm passing on SLI 780's at this point after seeing this deal... it's too good to pass up.

Some people don't like PNY. They are the very last Nvidia manufacturer that I'd recommend

Pretty surprised how this thread turned out. This is the best price [H] Deals has seen on a 660 Ti by like $40 and all people are talking about is how the cooler isn't the best and that the $400 770 is coming soon...

Also, the reference 660 cards use a different cooler than the 670 cards, even though they look the same.
what does price have to do with noise being an issue or not? you think someones ears give a crap that the card is on sale? and the reference 660ti cooler is the same exact cooler as the 670.

I've heard the 670 ones in person before and didn't find them to be particularly bad... if these 660 Ti ones are different, so much the better.

And yeah, I was kind of surprised myself as to the tangent the thread went on: yes, we have the 770 coming out which will be $400+ and have a nice cooler, but it'll only be ~5-10% faster than a 680... while these in SLI are ~$410 (minus two Metro coupons if you sell them comes to about $350, which is what I plan on doing) and are around 50-60% faster than a GTX 680, beating out the Titan by ~10% or more in most reviews I've found.

A 780 will be $500-600 and around 20-25% faster than a 680 at best, which is an even larger delta in price.

Also, non-reference coolers dump heat back into the case... I actually tried two MSI Power Edition 660 ti's in SLI at one point briefly in a test rig, and they heated eachother up like no tomorrow, resulting in extremely high temperatures and loud fan speeds (80-85c+ in a slightly below average airflow case).

I'll report back soon enough on the reference 660 Ti's in SLI as they're going from this deal into my main rig... but I don't expect it to be any particular issue, even though I run low-RPM 140mm fans in my Fractal R3 and the system is very very quiet currently.

what does price have to do with noise being an issue or not? you think someones ears give a crap that the card is on sale? and the 660ti cooler is the same exact cooler as the 670.

And even the 670 cooler isn't any real issue, if you google around you'll find a handful of complaints and a lot more saying they're quiet, plus reviews saying the same. I consider myself very sensitive to noise levels and didn't find 670 references in sli to be any problem when I tried them in a system.

And, yes, in the real world money can be an issue for people, hence a hot deal does indeed matter. Virtually everyone, even at top-end card levels, still wants a good value for their money, and this delivers it in spades. At such a huge price-performance ratio while still having extremely fast absolute performance, people tend to be more willing to overlook minor issues regardless.

I've heard the 670 ones in person before and didn't find them to be particularly bad... if these 660 Ti ones are different, so much the better.

And yeah, I was kind of surprised myself as to the tangent the thread went on: yes, we have the 770 coming out which will be $400+ and have a nice cooler, but it'll only be ~5-10% faster than a 680... while these in SLI are ~$410 (minus two Metro coupons if you sell them comes to about $350, which is what I plan on doing) and are around 50-60% faster than a GTX 680, beating out the Titan by ~10% or more in most reviews I've found.

A 780 will be $500-600 and around 20-25% faster than a 680 at best, which is an even larger delta in price.

Also, non-reference coolers dump heat back into the case... I actually tried two MSI Power Edition 660 ti's in SLI at one point briefly in a test rig, and they heated eachother up like no tomorrow, resulting in extremely high temperatures and loud fan speeds (80-85c+ in a slightly below average airflow case).

I'll report back soon enough on the reference 660 Ti's in SLI as they're going from this deal into my main rig... but I don't expect it to be any particular issue, even though I run low-RPM 140mm fans in my Fractal R3 and the system is very very quiet currently.

And even the 670 cooler isn't any real issue, if you google around you'll find a handful of complaints and a lot more saying they're quiet, plus reviews saying the same. I consider myself very sensitive to noise levels and didn't find 670 references in sli to be any problem when I tried them in a system.

And, yes, in the real world money can be an issue for people, hence a hot deal does indeed matter. Virtually everyone, even at top-end card levels, still wants a good value for their money, and this delivers it in spades.
again just like last time that is horseshit. the 670/660ti reference coolers have TONS of complaints. nearly every review mentions how cheap and noisy they are so stop your lying. even nearly ever person in this thread says its a pos too. :rolleyes:

again just like last time that is horseshit. the 670/660ti reference coolers have TONS of complaints. nearly every review mentions how cheap and noisy they are so stop your lying. even nearly ever person in this thread says its a pos too. :rolleyes:

Please link me to some reviews talking about how it is incredibly cheap and noisy... because I'm having a hard time finding many, if any, that mention it being loud. In fact, I have found many reviews praising it for being quiet. As I said, re: forum comments... of course you'll find a handful of complaints. You'll find a handful of complaints that the sky is blue, when someone has just won the lottery jackpot....

And, as I said... I've heard 670 reference in sli in person: they are not loud. They do not emit any extremely annoying/abnormal noises. Unfortunately, I'm sure some people who would have gotten in on the deal and really enjoyed the card(s) won't because of incessant, baseless complaints that a handful of people keep spamming the forums with (including some that have done so for months, literally).

EDIT: Just as an anecdote... I held off on trying high-refresh-rate panels like the catleap 2b completely the first round from a handful of loud complainers saying that it made no difference in actual display quality. I almost didn't even go for the PLS overclockables that are hitting the market now, but I finally bit the bullet and figured I'd chalk it up as a loss if it really wasn't anything different, since some people insisted it was. The truth turned out to be that those people insisting it was a good difference were completely correct.

Last edited:
Please link me to some reviews talking about how it is incredibly cheap and noisy... because I'm having a hard time finding many, if any, that mention it being loud. In fact, I have found many reviews praising it for being quiet. As I said, re: forum comments... of course you'll find a handful of complaints. You'll find a handful of complaints that the sky is blue, when someone has just won the lottery jackpot....

And, as I said... I've heard 670 reference in sli in person: they are not loud. They do not emit any extremely annoying/abnormal noises.
so here we go again. you know damn well most of the reference cooled cards had complaints from customers and even official reviewers. remember how last time you just said those customers were clueless. but how about some official reviews? you just ignored those too last time I posted them so you dont want facts. you just want to argue and deny its noisy. look right in front of you at the people in this very thread and pull your head out of your ass. :rolleyes:

so here we go again. you damn well most of the reference cooled cards had complaints from customers and even official reviewers. remember how last time you just said those customers were clueless. but how about some official reviews? you just ignored those too last time I posted them so you dont want facts. you just want to argue and deny its noisy. look right in front of you at the people in this very thread and pull your head out of your ass. :rolleyes:

If you're so into user reviews instead of professional reviews, why not go read some?

http://www.amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-Graphics-Cards-VCGGTX660TXPB/product-reviews/B008TN8782

Reviewer 1 said:
I've been using this card for about 3-4 months and it has been great! I am able to play all of my game at the max settings. In BF3 I get 50-68 FPS at 1080p with all the setting on ultra and I have not had any problems with the sound levels. Overall a really nice and fast card.

Reviewer 2 said:
Under normal desktop load, it is very quiet; it will get a bit louder, but not unusually so, under heavy gaming load.

Reviewer 3 said:
I have no problems with this card works how it suppose to, run all the latest games on max settings.... Beautiful
It's silent despite what other people said

NOTE: Because of the design of the card u need good air circulation to keep the card cool. :)

I know it interrupts your narrative, but really... ;).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
lol :rolleyes:

even just google it, you moron, and you will see complaint after complaint about that makes annoying noises.

As I said, you'll find a small number of complaints about anything you can imagine online, from the sky being blue, to the person handing a jackpot winner their lottery check not smiling quite widely enough as they did so :p .

As I said, you'll find a small number of complaints about anything you can imagine online, from the sky being blue, to the person handing a jackpot winner their lottery check not smiling quite widely enough as they did so :p .
its not a small number and you know it. if anything the 670/660ti reference coolers are well known to be a pos that makes a kind of annoying noise in most cases.

From first hand experience, I can tell you that it was an annoyingly loud cooler on my reference PNY 670. For the price, I can probably overlook the cooler though as it's hard to argue that the price isn't a fantastic bang/buck.

From first hand experience, I can tell you that it was an annoyingly loud cooler on my reference PNY 670. For the price, I can probably overlook the cooler though as it's hard to argue that the price isn't a fantastic bang/buck.
ty and nearly every person that has one will agree with you. every time we have a thread like this other owners chime end and back that up. it will never be enough for GoldenTiger to ever admit it though as his denial is pathological.

personally if the noise bothered me, I could not get past that at any cost. for those that are not sensitive though it is a killer deal.

ty and nearly every person that has one will agree with you. every time we have a thread like this other owners chime end and back that up. it will never be enough for GoldenTiger to ever admit it though as his denial is pathological.

personally if the noise bothered me, I could not get past that at any cost. for those that are not sensitive though it is a killer deal.

I'm not taking sides in that debate :p. I'm just saying that the deal is fantastic, but you have to put up with a cooler that is sub-par IMO. I'd pay an extra $20 for a better cooler, but I don't see non-reference coolers anywhere near this price. Catch 22.

I'm not taking sides in that debate :p. I'm just saying that the deal is fantastic, but you have to put up with a cooler that is sub-par IMO. I'd pay an extra $20 for a better cooler, but I don't see non-reference coolers anywhere near this price. Catch 22.
yeah I was lucky to grab my non reference 660 ti for just $230 back in December. it was the best price I had seen for any 660ti until this deal right here. and 30 bucks is worth it for a cool running and super quiet card so I dont feel too bad about this deal being better.

I have this exact card. I do not run SLI and I have not overclocked. The cooler was a little loud at first, but the temps are just fine (36C idle / 60C load). Since the temps were good, I created a custom fan profile. Now the noise is inaudible idle over the ambient noise of my case (HAF 932 with 3x240mm fans, a Corsair H50 push/pull, CoolerMaster Silent Pro 700 PSU), and very tolerable under load and the temps are 37C idle and 64C load.

In my opinion, this is a really good deal. If you only intend to use a single card and have decent case cooling, the cooler on this GPU should not be prohibitive.

I have this exact card. I do not run SLI and I have not overclocked. The cooler was a little loud at first, but the temps are just fine (36C idle / 60C load). Since the temps were good, I created a custom fan profile. Now the noise is inaudible idle over the ambient noise of my case (HAF 932 with 3x240mm fans, a Corsair H50 push/pull, CoolerMaster Silent Pro 700 PSU), and very tolerable under load and the temps are 37C idle and 64C load.

In my opinion, this is a really good deal. If you only intend to use a single card and have decent case cooling, the cooler on this GPU should not be prohibitive.
you have to be capping the framerate somehow or not playing demanding games if only hitting 60. there is NO way that cooler is capable of that otherwise. any review will show that is not even remotely possible. even the vastly superior non reference cooled 660ti cards will go in to the mid 60s and even low 70s in many cases.

Last edited:
you have to be capping the framerate somehow or not playing demanding games if only hitting 60. there is NO way that cooler is capable of that otherwise. any review will show that is not even remotely possible. even the vastly superior non reference cooled 660ti cards will go in to the mid 60s and even low 70s in many cases.

64C is the highest i've ever seen it. I've recently played some Borderlands 2, I play a lot of Guild Wars 2 and recently played through Bioshock Infinite. I've also run the Heaven benchmark. I do monitor temps every time I play. I do enable vsync in games, but not benchmarks of course.

Back