Hot: Phen2 x4 830 OEM: $49.99 OEM @ MC

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Link

This is NOT a fake phen2 like the 840...this one has 6MB L3!

Should this hit 3.4-4.0 o'clocked? Anyone know?

Edit: This show up as $49.99 If I select "micro center web store" or Il/Westmont or IL/Central Haven't checked other locations.

Last edited:
X4 840 Boxed [microcenter.com] (B&M Only) $59.99

X4 830 OEM [microcenter.com] $49.99(Shipping available for $5.99)
--> Note: Price for OEM has not been updated on the website yet.

copy pasted from SD.

in for one locally. I don't have anywhere to use it yet...but 50 bux is just too cheap to pass up.

Damn you microcenter!

Come to my state! Or at least do out-of-state sales (hey, less taxes :) )

I just don't get it... I guess they don't want a bunch of packages to ship out, or don't have the resources.

Again, awesome deal.... but I live about 800 miles from the closest MC :(

The L3 cache definitely makes it pretty HOT.... I've got an unlocked/overclocked X3 into a Phenom, but no L3 cache. This is tempting, if only I could snag it!

wait!!!!! I see now... i had it set to California and I changed it to WEB STORE. $56 shipped for me! :D awesome sauce!!!!!

I currently have an Athlon II X2 (2.9 GHz, 2x1MB L2 Cache, 65W). Will this processor offer any improvements for either gaming or photoshop?

Damn you microcenter!

I just don't get it... I guess they don't want a bunch of packages to ship out, or don't have the resources.

The L3 cache definitely makes it pretty HOT.... I've got an unlocked/overclocked X3 into a Phenom, but no L3 cache. This is tempting, if only I could snag it!

Did you select web store? Does web checkout not work?

yeah yeah Rob, thanks man...

I noticed your post after that post, (see above, I made 2 posts and added to cart :D thanks! )

I currently have an Athlon II X2 (2.9 GHz, 2x1MB L2 Cache, 65W). Will this processor offer any improvements for either gaming or photoshop?

YES! I have an Athlon X3, and I will definitely notice a slight increase in performance (the chip is kind of below cost as it is, so even a little bit of an upgrade is worth it at this price point)

I think you will notice a little bit better performance, esp in newer games :)

YES! I have an Athlon X3, and I will definitely notice a slight increase in performance (the chip is kind of below cost as it is, so even a little bit of an upgrade is worth it at this price point)

I think you will notice a little bit better performance, esp in newer games :)

Unequivocally YES.

Thanks, guys. I wasn't quite sure because from what I've heard, most games use one, maybe two cores. Because of this, clock speed is really what matters, and this proc would actually be a slight step down. However, I wasn't sure if the effects of 2 additional cores and loads more cache would make a difference here or not. On the other hand I guess I was expecting a boost for PS.

Looks like I'll probably be stopping at MC on the way home tonight. Thanks again! :D

Purchased but be aware, it is a 925 equivalent with locked multiplier, intended for HP OEM builds.
As best my research shows.

I got nothin, when I add to cart it says "Removed items that are inactive or no longer valid." Shucks.

Yes, I am on the web store.

I just chatted and they said: Thank you for waiting... that item will not be available online to order until tomorrow, and at that time they will only be available for in store pick up (no home deliveries) and limited 1 per household.

That just stinks, oh well.

I'm assuming they'll still honor the price if I physically go to the store today (avoiding online purchase/ in-store pickup arrangements)?

Their newsletter says the price is good from 10/28 - 10/30.

Anybody able to add this to their shopping cart? Still getting the 'Removed items that are inactive or no longer valid.' message

Order shipped, I hope it remains true. Listed as AMD2+, AMD 3 compatible, I believe Raid functions are a motherboard issue, see specifications.

Athlon II x3 445 at newegg $75 - $10 = $65 with code for 3.1 chip, 830 was $57 shipped. Will have to check difference in performance.
Anandtech bench shows reasonable advantage comparing 440 and 920, fair bargain.

Damn you microcenter!

More then likely they want people to come in to the physical store so they can then sell them more stuff they dont need. I understand your frustration because i dont have a local microcenter either.

I'm in between two MCs in Atlanta and they both say 10+ in stock. Anyone want to Paypal me some money and I'll go pick em up and ship em? ;)

Looks like they have been restocked, at least in MN. Had a 925 previously and thought it was a good chip, so I picked one of these up to upgrade my HTPC. Got mild overclock to 3.5GHz with minimal voltage increase.

They restocked in Silicon Valley, CA also. I picked up one yestereday with a MSI N75GM-P43 the total was $98-$10 rebate.

Just put on in my wife's SFF PC which has a Biostar A760G M2+ MOBO with a stock AMD cooler. Prime95 100% stable so far at about 51~53c max temp. $54 out the door with CA. tax, not bad at all. Thanks OP! :D

LoL one of the reviewrs said no L3 is good for gaming...

"The X4 830 is the OEM version (used in HP) of the X4 925.
Recommendation:
X4 830 for business apps (has L3 cache)
x4 840 for gaming (has no L3 cache)
The X4 830 has more room to be overclocked, the X4 840 is closer to its ceiling.
In the end, the performance difference is negligible and you'll still need to buy an aftermarket heatsink."

Back