HOT!!! PC power and cooling 750W

Mmm. The Corsair 750w is like $112.99 at ZipZoomfly.com, with free shipping.

IMO, I'd go with the Corsair over the PC PnC. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they're both sourced by the same company, except the Corsair is smaller and has 140mm fans (ie, quieter).

-S

I have the Corsair 750w, the thing is a beast. I paid 89 for it though, newegg had it on sale a few weeks ago.

It is by far my favorite power supply! I remember paying nearly $300 for this about a year 1/2 ago..

IMO, I'd go with the Corsair over the PC PnC. Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they're both sourced by the same company, except the Corsair is smaller and has 140mm fans (ie, quieter).

-S

Both are about the same in terms of noise, however, the corsair does have a larger fan and is a lot smaller in terms of size.

Paid about $250 for mine about 2 years ago. It's amazing and totally rock solid!

-S

You're wrong, pc power and cooling is owned by OCZ

I didn't say who owned them, I said who they sourced their parts from. Unless I'm mistaken, both companies source much of their parts from CWT.

This kind of thing has become very common. In fact, I remember a "PSU roundup" on Anandtech a few months ago where like 7-8 of the 11 PSUs rounded up were the same model with different badging/marketting/etc.

I was a PC PnC fanboy back in the day, but once I discovered this I swapped over to Corsair and Thermaltake units, which basically do the same thing for less. *shrug*

-S

Paid about $250 for mine about 2 years ago. It's amazing and totally rock solid!

I paid about $140 for mine about two months ago. Rock solid indeed, and it does deserve its name: "Silencer". I've never heard it make a single sound.

-S

No, the Corsair 750w is built by CWT and the PC PnC is built by Seasonic. The Corsair HX620 and the Corsair TX650 are built by Seasonic and are the same model as the PC PnC 750w.

I didn't say who owned them, I said who they sourced their parts from. Unless I'm mistaken, both companies source much of their parts from CWT.

This kind of thing has become very common. In fact, I remember a "PSU roundup" on Anandtech a few months ago where like 7-8 of the 11 PSUs rounded up were the same model with different badging/marketting/etc.

I was a PC PnC fanboy back in the day, but once I discovered this I swapped over to Corsair and Thermaltake units, which basically do the same thing for less. *shrug*

-S

No, the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad is a Seasonic designed and built unit. It gives a little bit cleaner power at extremely high loads than the Corsair TX 750, which is a CWT designed and built unit, as you first suggested. They're both very quiet unless you're running them at 80%+ load, which... you should never really do anyway. I've owned both and prefer the Corsair due to its /far/ smaller footprint, though I do think the build quality was better on the Silencer. Things like the cables not being sleeved all the way up to the supply (stops about 1/4 to 1/2 inch out and is heatshrinked on) on the Corsair annoy me.

I was already ordering this, good thing I always check the HotDeals forum before ever clicking Submit Order :p That promo code was a nice bonus.

maximum pc swears by pc power and cooling and i swear by maximum pc.

thanks for the info!!!!!

I won't buy another corsair...their molded cables are the crap.

pc power has always been the one to compare too. All ps are toooo damn high for what you get.

Back