Hot or not.. Samsung Galaxy Gear $149.99 BestBuy

I don't even wear watches anymore... I haven't in several years. Aside from not being comfortable with having things around my wrist, it just feels pointless and redundant when the cell phone suffices and there are clocks anywhere anyhow.

This thing also feels gimmicky as heck. I have a GS3, but I wouldn't buy this unless it was like 20-30 bucks tops.

buy it now. Keep it for a few decades. Profit when you sell it to a museum.

Ya these colors are something else. And of course the more conservative colors are not on sale.

I'm pretty sure Samsung is unveiling the gear 2 soon. But still not a bad price I suppose

I have a note 3 and I don't think I want this thing, even for $30.

I have a note 3 and I don't think I want this thing, even for $30.

I have a GNote3 too. I bought the watch also, used it for a couple weeks and decided it wasn't worth $20 to me, much less $300.

It's too big and heavy, and the apps are unreliable and awkward to use.

I don't even wear watches anymore... I haven't in several years. Aside from not being comfortable with having things around my wrist, it just feels pointless and redundant when the cell phone suffices and there are clocks anywhere anyhow.

This thing also feels gimmicky as heck. I have a GS3, but I wouldn't buy this unless it was like 20-30 bucks tops.

Why have a Galaxy S3 when a computer will suffice and computers are everywhere? They are free to use at the local library! Seems pointless and redundant to have a smart phone.

Why have a Galaxy S3 when a computer will suffice and computers are everywhere? They are free to use at the local library! Seems pointless and redundant to have a smart phone.

I think the library would take issue with me shoving one of their computers in my pocket so I can look stuff up on the go.

I bought it. Simply because my LG G2 often sits in my coat pocket because its too big for my jeans. Got the rose gold. I was actually looking for a watch before this. This kinda solves two issues for me.

I bought it. Simply because my LG G2 often sits in my coat pocket because its too big for my jeans. Got the rose gold. I was actually looking for a watch before this. This kinda solves two issues for me.

Doesn't this watch only work with Samsung phones?

I have a pebble and it's really convenient. At just a glance of my wrist I get the time, date, weather and battery percentage of my phone. When I get a new notification I just have to glance at my wrist to see it. If I get a text I can even reply with preset messages from my watch. If you like listening to music you can easily switch between songs from your wrist. If you like running/biking you can see how far you've traveled and how fast you're by glancing at your wrist.

In short, there's tons of apps for whatever you need, easily accessible without pulling out your phone.

Because these days just having to pull out your phone is such a bother. Moving your hand such a vast distance and then having to lift such a weighty device to your field of vision is something better left to the fittest of the few.

I'm not sure if you realize how stupid the analogy you just made is. I'll let you ponder it for a while and then we can return to it later.

I have a pebble and it's really convenient. At just a glance of my wrist I get the time, date, weather and battery percentage of my phone. When I get a new notification I just have to glance at my wrist to see it. If I get a text I can even reply with preset messages from my watch. If you like listening to music you can easily switch between songs from your wrist. If you like running/biking you can see how far you've traveled and how fast you're by glancing at your wrist.

In short, there's tons of apps for whatever you need, easily accessible without pulling out your phone.

I wanted to get the pebble but none of the straps look girly enough. Even the watch face isnt "soft" enough for me to wear. The rose gold galaxy although large still looks rather nice on me.

I wanted to get the pebble but none of the straps look girly enough. Even the watch face isnt "soft" enough for me to wear. The rose gold galaxy although large still looks rather nice on me.

You could replace the watch strap with whatever you want. Alternatively you can wait for the Pebble Steel to release.

https://getpebble.com/

This isnt good enough for anyone to really use daily yet. I took a look at it when I got my Note 3 and it just isnt worth anything right now. I hope the 2nd generation will improve the battery life and apps.

I'm not sure if you realize how stupid the analogy you just made is. I'll let you ponder it for a while and then we can return to it later.

Convenience was alluded to as being redundant in the post he was referencing. He furthered that criticism by stating that computers do everything a cell phone can do even make phone calls. And there are very portable computers today. Take a look at the surface. It can easily do what a smartphone can do. Sure it can't fit in your pocket but some people claim that the Note 3 cannot fit in a pocket.

I do not need the watch. Most of the time my Note 3 is sitting on my desk at work, or on my desk/coffee table at home. In the car its in my car dock.

Now I have been wearing the galaxy since 7am and at 9pm I'm only at 77%. Not too bad I expect it to last until I go to bed at least.

Back